• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which Team Won The Big 4-Team Trade?

Which Team Won This Trade?

• Houston Rockets

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Brooklyn Nets

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Indiana Pacers

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Cleveland Cavaliers

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure you won't get any argument from @flyerhawk

I was going to do a write in on this thread saying that but got sidetracked.

I think the Sixers will wind up being very happy they didn't make this trade.

While he is certainly an amazing offensive player, I think he is also a highly overrated one. And I highly question whether he can co-exist with another high usage player.

What will Harden do when he's shut out of the offense because the other player is playing really well? We really don't know because he has never been put into that situation since he left OKC. And even in OKC he grumbled about his role.

But his utter petulance over the past few months certainly doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies that he will be a professional and stay involved in games when he isn't the focal point.

Of course I could be completely wrong and the Durant-Harden-Irving freight train will be unstoppable.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big basketball follower... But the way I see it the Nets were the clear winner... they got the player, and they will compete to win the finals for the next few seasons... sure they are now a superteam… and we all hate superteams…

Houston is the big loser, lets face it, draft picks outside of the top 5 are random, draft picks outside the top 20 are nearly irrelevant... so to rely so much on the future draft picks of a team that should be competing for the championships, wont ever move the needle for them...

I always laugh at the people that hate on Harden... He is a clear top 10 player in the league... he is just a headcase... and you know what solves headcases more often than not??
WINNING

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a big basketball follower... But the way I see it the Nets were the clear winner... they got the player, and they will compete to win the finals for the next few seasons... sure they are now a superteam… and we all hate superteams…

Houston is the big loser, lets face it, draft picks outside of the top 5 are random, draft picks outside the top 20 are nearly irrelevant... so to rely so much on the future draft picks of a team that should be competing for the championships, wont ever move the needle for them...

I always laugh at the people that hate on Harden... He is a clear top 10 player in the league... he is just a headcase... and you know what solves headcases more often than not??
WINNING

You have the 2 players in the league who dribble more than anyone else in a league where ball movement is king.

And the 3rd guy is actually the best player on the team.

Time will tell, but this is not a can’t miss well constructed super team like the Warriors were. A lot can go wrong here.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have the 2 players in the league who dribble more than anyone else in a league where ball movement is king.

And the 3rd guy is actually the best player on the team.

Time will tell, but this is not a can’t miss well constructed super team like the Warriors were. A lot can go wrong here.

I agree that the fit is not ideal at all... but it is still a super team... Hard to win in the NBA now without being a superteam… sad place the NBA is in...

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, not too different from where Houston was before the trade, plus a bunch of draft picks.
Pretty much lol. Hopefully those draft picks are used smartly or else this was just the beginning of the end in Houston.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooklyn needs to win now in order for this trade to have been a positive note on their franchise. I can't see a reality where Brooklyn is in title competition past 3 years from now. They probably won't have a 1st round draft pick til 2028.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the fit is not ideal at all... but it is still a super team... Hard to win in the NBA now without being a superteam… sad place the NBA is in...

Definitely hard to win without a superteam.

Also very hard to win if the pieces of the superteam don’t make one another better.

It can work, but I need to see it working before I buy in. Lakers are still the team to beat and there are multiple teams in the East capable of beating Brooklyn.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely hard to win without a superteam.

Also very hard to win if the pieces of the superteam don’t make one another better.

It can work, but I need to see it working before I buy in. Lakers are still the team to beat and there are multiple teams in the East capable of beating Brooklyn.
The 2018-19 Toronto Raptors have entered the chat and would like to beg to differ with you on that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2018-19 Toronto Raptors have entered the chat and would like to beg to differ with you on that.

Then the 2018-19 Toronto Raptors need to shut the hell up.

They got their title, but let's not pretend they were going to win the title if the Warriors didn't lose basically everyone to injury.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then the 2018-19 Toronto Raptors need to shut the hell up.

They got their title, but let's not pretend they were going to win the title if the Warriors didn't lose basically everyone to injury.
Oh I'm right there with you. That's 3 in a row if the Warriors were fully healthy.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 people said the Cavs.....LOL.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I more or less agree. Brooklyn got the guy they wanted and everyone else did well. Houston could've done better with Allen and LeVert, but it depends on how Oladipo works out, if he stays and how expensive he is to keep. That cap space may end up more valuable than either Oladipo or LeVert, depending on how Houston would look to spend it. There's not much at the top of next year's free agency list (unless Kawhi opts out to leave); most are on the decline or limited overall as players. The RFA market is a bit uninspiring as well. Oladipo might be the best FA option close to his prime this summer.
Or they could trade Oladipo around the deadline.....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing special but still a playoff team. Albeit a 7-8 seed at best and a first round exit from the playoffs.
They were where they were with Harden but a lot of assets in those picks.....this was a Sam Presti type move.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What I said was perfectly on target.

For a normal team to beat a well orchestrated super team like the Warriors, it usually takes multiple series altering injuries.

You don’t think that classified as difficult?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they could trade Oladipo around the deadline.....

That doesn’t make sense though.

LeVert is younger and has more trade value because of his contract.

The only rational explanation behind the Rockets keeping Oladipo is that they are trying to make the playoffs today and intend to resign him.

Otherwise, they lost that part of the deal big time.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That doesn’t make sense though.

LeVert is younger and has more trade value because of his contract.

The only rational explanation behind the Rockets keeping Oladipo is that they are trying to make the playoffs today and intend to resign him.

Otherwise, they lost that part of the deal big time.
Or they let him walk if he doesn't fit in and they have cap space....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they let him walk if he doesn't fit in and they have cap space....

I get that...

But LeVert is a serious asset.

You don’t deal an asset like that for cap space.

Bad move.