• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which team will get the 8th spot in the West?

Who "wins" the 8 seed in the West?

• Utah Jazz (17-22)

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • Portland Trail Blazers 17-24)- 1GB

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Sacramento Kings (16-23)- 1GB

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Denver Nuggets (15-24)- 2GB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (specify in thread)

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Utah edges out Sacramento but it should be a fun race to watch. Winner gets the grand prize of a 4 game date with the Warriors/Spurs!

I think a healthy Kings team is good enough to win a game.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't.

I made the mistake of thinking that the Pelicans could steal a game or two from Golden State last year in the first round but they were handled.

Kings won't give up a 20 point 4th quarter lead as the Pelicans did

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that lead wasn't 20 going into the 4th quarter, but they SUCK at holding big leads. If the Kings find a way to make the playoffs I hope they can get past the Rockets and Dallas or Memphis to grab the 6th(or possibly 5th) seed.

I have to say, it was looking pretty bad for awhile, but it seems like they are slowly, but surely starting to buy into Karl. With their talent, if they buy in all the way, they could be very dangerous.

By the playoffs, they could be the proverbial, team that can't go all the way to the finals, but that no one else wants to have to play to get there.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, it was looking pretty bad for awhile, but it seems like they are slowly, but surely starting to buy into Karl. With their talent, if they buy in all the way, they could be very dangerous.

By the playoffs, they could be the proverbial, team that can't go all the way to the finals, but that no one else wants to have to play to get there.
It looked like they'd have to blow the team up when they started 1-7 and Boogie cursed out Karl, but 2016 it's been like a new team. 8-3 so far with Cousins looking like the best player in the NBA, and how he's been talking about not being satisfied even after games like last night and focused solely on making the playoffs might be even bigger than the great numbers. Still a lot of work to do, but I like what I'm seeing right now.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looked like they'd have to blow the team up when they started 1-7 and Boogie cursed out Karl, but 2016 it's been like a new team. 8-3 so far with Cousins looking like the best player in the NBA, and how he's been talking about not being satisfied even after games like last night and focused solely on making the playoffs might be even bigger than the great numbers. Still a lot of work to do, but I like what I'm seeing right now.

Yeah, if I were a Kings fan I'd be cautiously optimistic right now. Optimistic for the obvious improvement in their over all play. But cautious because both Boogie and Rondo can go into knucklehead mode at any time. Gotta say though, the way things are going, some of us on here, myself included, may have some crow to eat by the end of the season.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if I were a Kings fan I'd be cautiously optimistic right now. Optimistic for the obvious improvement in their over all play. But cautious because both Boogie and Rondo can go into knucklehead mode at any time. Gotta say though, the way things are going, some of us on here, myself included, may have some crow to eat by the end of the season.
With such a slim lead for 8th there's not really any margin for error, so they need to minimize those knucklehead times. I've been thinking since the season started that Utah would finish 8th(even picked them in this thread) but the Kings were talented enough to make it, the talent is shining bright right now led by #15. Hopefully there will be a lot of people enjoying some crow in a few months. :nod:

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Warriors-Kings matchup would be very interesting for the area, and there is some bad blood between the teams. There's no way the Kings get through that series though, so really it's only a moral victory that the Kings make the playoffs (and believe me, after 10 years, I'll take that!!).

My dream is that the Kings can somehow scratch and claw their way to a 6th seed (I could easily see them passing Houston, Dallas has been a pleasant surprise though), and the Clippers climb to the 3 seed. Clippers-Kings has had bad blood ever since CP3 joined the team, and Blake and Boogie have never liked each other. That could be classic opening series. I can imagine the final game, decided by the backup bigs, after Blake and Boogie are ejected.

I'm trying not to get ahead of myself though. The Kings still just as easily could fall out of this race. I'm hoping the Jazz make it in too, with the Kings. Houston can suck it.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Warriors-Kings matchup would be very interesting for the area, and there is some bad blood between the teams. There's no way the Kings get through that series though, so really it's only a moral victory that the Kings make the playoffs (and believe me, after 10 years, I'll take that!!).

My dream is that the Kings can somehow scratch and claw their way to a 6th seed (I could easily see them passing Houston, Dallas has been a pleasant surprise though), and the Clippers climb to the 3 seed. Clippers-Kings has had bad blood ever since CP3 joined the team, and Blake and Boogie have never liked each other. That could be classic opening series. I can imagine the final game, decided by the backup bigs, after Blake and Boogie are ejected.

I'm trying not to get ahead of myself though. The Kings still just as easily could fall out of this race. I'm hoping the Jazz make it in too, with the Kings. Houston can suck it.
Facing the Clippers is my ideal matchup, because I dislike them and think the Kings could beat them. That said, any playoff games in the final year at Arco will make me happy.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping for sacremento golden state cause I just moved out to sacremento!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of surprising how good Portland is playing. I'm rooting for them to make it. Would be a great story to see them making it after losing 4 of 5 starters in the summer

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 losses separates 6th through 9th. Looks like we have 4 teams fighting for 3 spots. Safe to say the Kings are done.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told you fools Utah would take it. They're locked in and due for a big run to finish off the year. Hell, they could actually finish as high as 6th.