• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which team has the brighter future? The Vikings or the Packers

Brighter Future?

• Vikings

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Packers

Votes: 42 68.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think this is an aberration? They did that to 3 of the best offenses and QB's on their schedule. So tell me why they won't keep it up? Injuries are the only thing that could cause a big dropoff.

I picked the Vikings to win the division based on their D. However the NFL is made up of peaks and valleys, injuries could happen, offenses will find the best way to attack that D. Way to early to be getting excited and declaring them the best since...when ever.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think this is an aberration? They did that to 3 of the best offenses and QB's on their schedule. So tell me why they won't keep it up? Injuries are the only thing that could cause a big dropoff.

Can't determine who the best offenses are just yet. Carolina looks like a different team from last year all together. The Packers were the 15th scoring offense last year, and havent looked any more impressive this year. And the Giants? I don't know if I'd ever get puffy chested about a good defensive showing against them, even if they were the top ranked offense in the league.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole idea on that was his speed and being able to get open down the middle which the Packers have not had since Finley several years ago. Many claim he has bum hands but take a look at who his past QBs were and they would have had something to do with it. Rodgers does not have his speed. Cook will have to be covered making other options open for Rodgers the QB. It could make Rodgers the TE more open over the middle when both TE are playing. He had a 4.5 speed in his 40 yard dash

Finley ran a 4.8 40 and wasn't athletic at all. I'm not sure where all the hype came from. Cook ran a 4.45 40 and a 4.49 at the combine. If Cook performs the way he did in training camp and preseason he's one of the better TE's in the NFL.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we'll see how it turns out, but by any standard, looks like a minor move.

It was probably the biggest move by Pack on the offensive side since Thompson became the GM in 2005.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would anyone like to reconsider???

You guys are use to 50 years of being let down. Its kind if like the Cub fans trying to end 108 years of failure. It is a long season but if you think this will last the whole year more power to you. They have been playing good but they will have to keep it up for a long time.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this thread went the way OP wanted.

I picked Packers because, well...Minnesota. They will find a way to screw up.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked the Vikings to win the division based on their D. However the NFL is made up of peaks and valleys, injuries could happen, offenses will find the best way to attack that D. Way to early to be getting excited and declaring them the best since...when ever.

Well, we've lost our starting
LT
RT
RB
QB
DT
and possibly our RG

And we just plug along. But overall I agree it's too early to call MN the best ever, but right now they're looking better than GB and GB looks pretty good. By season end, could change.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we've lost our starting
LT
RT
RB
QB
DT
and possibly our RG

And we just plug along. But overall I agree it's too early to call MN the best ever, but right now they're looking better than GB and GB looks pretty good. By season end, could change.

defensively, perhaps - offensively, they are still a shell of their former self

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
defensively, perhaps - offensively, they are still a shell of their former self

Yes, if they had this defense when Rodgers and company were putting up video game esque numbers, but I don't expect GB to go away.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo... The Vikings are playing their best football of the season and are 5-0.

The Packers have played good football for 3/16 of the season and are still 3-1.

If I was a Vikings fan, that might be a little concerning to me.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sooo... The Vikings are playing their best football of the season and are 5-0.

The Packers have played good football for 3/16 of the season and are still 3-1.

If I was a Vikings fan, that might be a little concerning to me.

well, the one loss for GB was to Minnesota

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, the one loss for GB was to Minnesota

If the moronic Packer coach would not have went for it on 4th down and kicked the 20 some yard field goal that game was a good chance to be over time on the road with the home team all pumped up for the opening of their stadium with Rodgers having one of his worst games fumbling twice. I will be at the rematch game

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the Vikings have the better coaching staff, better defense, better RB's, and a better o-line. I'm being a homer here but honestly it's very rational. What say all you guys?

I'm gonna say Vikes because as long as Fat Boy is HC of GB, they aren't gonna win many big games if any....
AR is their money, but if the HC makes bad decisions in game time, the chances of winning is drastically reduced...
I know first hand, we have a Goober HC ourselves...
But most of all because they got the purple jerseys too, yeah buddy !!! :D

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the moronic Packer coach would not have went for it on 4th down and kicked the 20 some yard field goal that game was a good chance to be over time on the road with the home team all pumped up for the opening of their stadium with Rodgers having one of his worst games fumbling twice. I will be at the rematch game

Maybe, no guarantee you win in OT or force OT. Who knows how MN handles it, what I do know is MN beat GB and are on a 2 game win streak VS GB. Rematch will be a good game, but right now MN is in driver seat they're looking the part.