• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Which player would you start a team with?

Who would you start a team with?

• Trae

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Devin

• Donovan

• Luka

Votes: 28 82.4%

• Total voters

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.

I just think Luka is better now (as do you) and also has more room to grow than Trae does.

I don't know. That's hard to say, imo. Luka has been playing professional basketball since he was like 14. Because of that, I think he's pretty much developed as a player. He still needs to mature and learn the NBA game a little better. But other than maybe strength and conditioning, I'm not sure he has that much more room to grow.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. That's hard to say, imo. Luka has been playing professional basketball since he was like 14. Because of that, I think he's pretty much developed as a player. He still needs to mature and learn the NBA game a little better. But other than maybe strength and conditioning, I'm not sure he has that much more room to grow.

Luka has a lot of room to grow in his skill game though. more than Trae.

Trae’s biggest weakness is his lack of height and explosive athleticism. He isn’t going to be able to change his height at all, and will always be below average athletically.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luka has a lot of room to grow in his skill game though.

I don't think he has as much room for growth as you seem to.

But I'll say this...if you're right...the rest of the NBA should be very scared and praying that he's lazy. lol

Pretty much agree on Trae. I'm not sure how long what he's doing will be sustainable for him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he has as much room for growth as you seem to.

But I'll say this...if you're right...the rest of the NBA should be very scared and praying that he's lazy. lol

Pretty much agree on Trae. I'm not sure how long what he's doing will be sustainable for him.

I think he can still improve his shooting quite a bit. He has a nice 3 point stroke, but struggles at the FT line.

I also think he can be a more impactful defender. Don’t expect him to ever be elite, but better than he is.

Trae’s biggest area of growth IMO is just decision making.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

And that is a good reminder of why people shouldn’t get too caught up judging individual players based on team success.

Supporting cast matters a lot.
“Blaming the others” is the bronsexual-happy argument that’s been exhausted for the last 15 years. It won’t work for future generations.

Luka may be the “best” and most talented guy overall on this list, but the bottom line is that he has yet to find a style that’s conducive to winning basketball. Until that happens, I voted for Trae. He’s opened some eyes here in 2021 not just with his stats but with better intangibles than in years past.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Blaming the others” is the bronsexual-happy argument that’s been exhausted for the last 15 years. It won’t work for future generations.

Luka may be the “best” and most talented guy overall on this list, but the bottom line is that he has yet to find a style that’s conducive to winning basketball. Until that happens, I voted for Trae. He’s opened some eyes here in 2021 not just with his stats but with better intangibles than in years past.

Well, that would be consistent with most of your opinions.

The Hawks just blew the Bucks out without Trae a young. That should tell you everything you need to know about the quality and depth of their roster.

Trae Young is a nice young player. But put him on the Mavericks and they are a lottery team for sure. ATL has way more talent.

Nobody wins alone in the NBA. Nobody.

Evaluating individuals based solely on team results is a horribly short sighted thing to do.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that would be consistent with most of your opinions.

The Hawks just blew the Bucks out without Trae a young. That should tell you everything you need to know about the quality and depth of their roster.

Trae Young is a nice young player. But put him on the Mavericks and they are a lottery team for sure. ATL has way more talent.

Nobody wins alone in the NBA. Nobody.

Evaluating individuals based solely on team results is a horribly short sighted thing to do.

Well, as we've all seen, if Cane is anything, he's shortsighted.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

last year didn't count?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to get too much into who's better, but it's worth noting that Luka is the one guy on this list that's never won a playoff series...

True. I’m surprised Trae isn’t getting more love especially in more of shooters league now. Dude reminds me a lot of a young Steph Curry.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. I’m surprised Trae isn’t getting more love especially in more of shooters league now. Dude reminds me a lot of a young Steph Curry.
Seems like Steph was a much more efficient shooter than Trae.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Steph was a much more efficient shooter than Trae.

Steph is in a league of his own. As far as shooting he’s top 5 all time probably better. Trae is young and he’s pretty salty but he just reminds of Steph. Tough to find PGs like that.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luka/Zion is a fun debate.

maybe Tatum if he removes his head out of his rectum on defense…

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steph is in a league of his own. As far as shooting he’s top 5 all time probably better. Trae is young and he’s pretty salty but he just reminds of Steph. Tough to find PGs like that.
As far as shooting Steph Curry is undisputed GOAT, not "top 5"

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as shooting Steph Curry is undisputed GOAT, not "top 5"

My “top 5, probably better” wasn’t meant to get your panties rustled. Nor was my “he’s in a league of his own”. Those were compliments

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My “top 5, probably better” wasn’t meant to get your panties rustled. Nor was my “he’s in a league of his own”. Those were compliments
You rustle my panties every time I see that shirtless avi of yours

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You rustle my panties every time I see that shirtless avi of yours

Man I remember Steph back at Davidson. He was so small and not crazy athletic, but he had a sense of confidence about him. The kid abused nets with his jumpshots and had some serious vision on the court.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I remember Steph back at Davidson. He was so small and not crazy athletic, but he had a sense of confidence about him. The kid abused nets with his jumpshots and had some serious vision on the court.
And I agree Trae has a lot of that kind of game. Needs to cut out the Harden foul hunting (the rules are changing on that) and get more efficient though. Steph was better in year 3. But he was a 3 year player in college not one and done like Trae.