• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which of these teams would win their semi final game?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never cared about the national narrative. Let them 'disrespect' your team. Just go win. That always fixes everything.

CU#1Fan

BITE ME
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson was my team to beat, starting the season. The struggles, in the beginning have chilled me somewhat. I still think you guys are Playoff bound. You have the skill positions, just not sure you have the depth, you guys had last year

Clemson actually has better depth across the board in most positions. The starters aren't having to play nearly as many snaps this year as they did last year. Prior to yesterday, I would have agreed with you on the offensive struggles. Yesterday I read an article on Tigernet addressing exactly that and comparing the stats from last year against this year, particularly Watson. I was very surprised to see that they are actually ahead of where they were at the same point last year.

I guess it is the comparison of the team starting this year being compared to what everyone saw from the O at the end of last year. We will have to wait and see if they progress from this point forward like they did last year.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell. Seems everyone is discounting Clemson this year.

Everyone discounted Clemson last year as well. The consensus was OU would beat the brakes off Clemson. Then the consensus was Clemson didn't deserve to be in the same stadium as Bama. Seems that was the case year before when they played OU as well. Same the year before against tOSU, and the year before that against LSU.

If the Tigers are fortunate enough to make it again, we will see.

I full expected Ohio State to lose that game in 2013. The passing defense was horrible that year and then Bradley Roby, out best corner, wasn't playing.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson actually has better depth across the board in most positions. The starters aren't having to play nearly as many snaps this year as they did last year. Prior to yesterday, I would have agreed with you on the offensive struggles. Yesterday I read an article on Tigernet addressing exactly that and comparing the stats from last year against this year, particularly Watson. I was very surprised to see that they are actually ahead of where they were at the same point last year.

I guess it is the comparison of the team starting this year being compared to what everyone saw from the O at the end of last year. We will have to wait and see if they progress from this point forward like they did last year.
Clemson is right where they were last year, maybe even a little bit ahead according to Dabo. The thing to look out for Clemson is the finish. Last year, the offense got into a good rhythm and carried that into the playoffs. On the other hand the defense lost its focus allowing teams like NC State, Syracuse, and USCjr to score a little too easy and we all know how that ended vs Bama.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is our QB questionable?

63.8% complete, 8.7 yards per attempt.

9 TD's and only 2 INT's, while rushing for another 5 TDs - and the INT he threw this weekend was a ball that was hit as he was throwing and floated up in the air.

He's only been sacked 5 times in 6 games.

I'm not saying he should be the front-runner for the Heisman or anything, but I feel like this is the best we've been at QB since the AJ era.

I was reading today that Alabama currently leads the nation in big plays. 17 plays have gone for 40+ yards and 9 plays have gone for 50+.
Apparently, people haven't gotten sick of this statement over the past I don't know freaking 10 years. This is all I keep hearing and it hasn't mattered a damn bit who is behind the center at Bama. They are told don't lose the game and that is their only job.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama and it's not even close.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama's beatable in bowl games and semi-final games.

Once they're playing a game for the NC trophy, all bets are off.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it started today, Bama vs Clemson and Clemson as the winner.......

To much season left but, don't sleep on Petersen's Dawgs, if they run the table in the Pac then the other teams should start to sweat it, he's been there before.....Am I right Okie and Bama fans:couch2:

Hard2Bluff

Beer Consumer
Hoopla Cash
$ 263.81
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson/Bama. De ja vu

Hard2Bluff

Beer Consumer
Hoopla Cash
$ 263.81
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama's beatable in bowl games and semi-final games.

Once they're playing a game for the NC trophy, all bets are off.
I think Bama is even money.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a bigger sample size to tell if UW could/will hang with the other top teams. If you look at the starters, there are no holes. Draftable players at all levels of the defense, the top WR and QB in the conference (sorry Falk/Marks fans), and a pretty nasty Oline. But who knows, we are only halfway through the season.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold Prediction!!! Only 1 of these teams make the final 4.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it started today, Bama vs Clemson and Clemson as the winner.......

To much season left but, don't sleep on Petersen's Dawgs, if they run the table in the Pac then the other teams should start to sweat it, he's been there before.....Am I right Okie and Bama fans:couch2:

I'm happy for you guys that you are way improved and that you kicked the shit outta Oregon.

But if I'm being honest, I would expect Alabama to slap the dog shit outta Washington - and I think the other teams would as well. The other teams worry me much more at this point.

I think Washington should be the obvious favorite in the rest of your regular season games and the Pac12 championship and likely the #4 pick. Maybe some magic can happen, but as far as team strength goes I'd feel like Alabama got lucky if we drew Washington in the semi-finals.

Of course, Alabama also still has to make the game to start with. We may not be as good as I think we are.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy for you guys that you are way improved and that you kicked the shit outta Oregon.

But if I'm being honest, I would expect Alabama to slap the dog shit outta Washington - and I think the other teams would as well. The other teams worry me much more at this point.

I think Washington should be the obvious favorite in the rest of your regular season games and the Pac12 championship and likely the #4 pick. Maybe some magic can happen, but as far as team strength goes I'd feel like Alabama got lucky if we drew Washington in the semi-finals.

Of course, Alabama also still has to make the game to start with. We may not be as good as I think we are.
Is Washington a legitimate playoff contender?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree 100%.........but there is that one chance, its small, and of course it's based on BCS history.......

The only reason I bring it up, (and no my homerism isn't kicking in) it was the night UW pounded Stanford, Blackledge was one of the talking heads, and he made the comment about UW and him being around the SEC quite a bite he said UW "sizes up with any SEC team"... I smiled and thought all right, it was the next night (can't remember the game) Blackledge is on the sideline of that game and Herbie asks him about UW again makes the same comment....

I'm not saying it means anything, but it does make me wonder if they (UW can hang)

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama would crush UW. Clemson vs. Buckeye would be a great game.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3