• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which of these teams would win their semi final game?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about the 20+. Washington has a pretty decent defense.
No way of knowing really. Only decent offense Washington has faced was 2-4 Arizona and gave up 28 points. Stanford, Rutgers, and Idaho rank 124, 126, and 103 in total offense out of 128 teams. Oregon is a total dumpster fire this year so they aren't much of a measuring stick. Im gonna have to wait and see how the rest of their schedule plays out before I believe they wouldn't get blown out of the water by Bama to the tune of something like a 45-20 game.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get Bama in a stadium located in tSEC country. A three hour drive from Tuscaloosa. Oh goodie............ Thank you football gods....that sounds very neutral.
Excuses already??? Oklahoma and OSU didn't do too bad "at" Bama, why can't Washington?

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excuses already??? Oklahoma and OSU didn't do too bad "at" Bama, why can't Washington?
Travelling that far would suck but it is what it is. FSU had to travel to the west coast to play Oregon in the Rose Bowl for a semi final game.

united-states-map.gif

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Travelling that far would suck but it is what it is. FSU had to travel to the west coast to play Oregon in the Rose Bowl for a semi final game.

united-states-map.gif

It sucks to suck for you guys but the semis are in Arizona and Atlanta this year. On the other hand, I have seen Ohio St. take up 75% of the Orange Bowl stadium vs Clemson, granted they weren't any louder, but it shows that a big passionate fan base will travel for a big game.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see anyone beating OSU.

Bama looks tough but their QB, is questionable

Clemson was my front runner but does not look like the same team as last year

Washington, is the dark horse, they looked great last weekend. Now let's see some more

Bama, Clemson, and Washington have already played decent teams. Who have Ohio St. played?

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama, Clemson, and Washington have already played decent teams. Who have Ohio St. played?

maybe they aren't playoff bound this year but I would say Oklahoma in Norman is at least a decent team. Holding that offense to 17 points is pretty impressive too

If you want to dissect Oklahoma to not call it a good win then you could to the same to each of the three teams you listed as well.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who would win out?

Alabama vs Washington
Ohio St. vs Clemson

f04d58099b.jpg
I see an error with your graphic, it lists Ohio State rather than the winner of the B10 - Michigan.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see an error with your graphic, it lists Ohio State rather than the winner of the B10 - Michigan.
You're right ... ESPN has Michigan and Ohio St.

Bowl projections heading into Week 7
College Football Playoff semifinals

College Football Playoff at the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl
Georgia Dome, Atlanta
Saturday, Dec. 31, TBD (ESPN)

Schlabach: Alabama vs. Washington
McMurphy: Alabama vs. Washington

College Football Playoff at the Fiesta Bowl
University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Arizona
Saturday, Dec. 31, TBD (ESPN)

Schlabach: Clemson vs. Michigan
McMurphy: Clemson vs. Ohio State

rsw626

Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,356.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama vs Washington - UDub has shown they can stop the running game (Stanford) if they do that against Bama (I think tougher than stopping Stanford) they win, no way Hurts beats them in the air.

Ohio State - Clemson - I've watched Clemson against a good team (Louisville), I have yet to see tOSU play a team with a decent pulse this season, they look really good, but we'll see this weekend. If they blow out Wisky, I'd pick them, if not....toss up

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, but I'd REALLY like to see that Huskies-Tide semifinal right now.

Talkin Epic

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way of knowing really. Only decent offense Washington has faced was 2-4 Arizona and gave up 28 points. Stanford, Rutgers, and Idaho rank 124, 126, and 103 in total offense out of 128 teams. Oregon is a total dumpster fire this year so they aren't much of a measuring stick. Im gonna have to wait and see how the rest of their schedule plays out before I believe they wouldn't get blown out of the water by Bama to the tune of something like a 45-20 game.
Everything in college football is about the eye test.

WSU lost to an FCS team, and to Boise State. Leach lambasted his players to the media and they have been on a roll ever since. On the other side of the country all they know is WSU lost to an FCS team so they are entirely garbage. Any wins they get are only due to the other team being bad. Has to be because they lost to an FCS team.

Too many fans of this sport look at every team in a static sense and that's so wrong. You have to use context and understand that some teams develop throughout the year more/less than others.

We had duck fans up our ass before the Stanford game using that zona game as their excuse as to why Stanford was going to blow us out. I pointed out several reasons that was flawed and was more than right in the end. Same thing with the Duck game. Ducks were going to beat us because we are garbage on the road.

The arizona game came down to nerves on their first road game and a ton of self inflicted wounds. You can use that to wonder how they deal with pressure moving forward, but so far they have responded quite well. After letting zona pile up some rushing numbers they came back and entirely shut down two of the most dynamic rushers in the country in McCaffrey and Freeman. They made adjustments and now have confidence in them. They had more pressure facing the Ducks on the road with that 12 game losing streak around their neck like an albatross and they had nowhere near the issues they did against zona. Close wins can sometimes spark a team and so far that's what appears to have happened here.

They have the base to stand up and give a fight to anyone right now. Shaw said publicly after our game that there is no weakness to exploit on this team. They are balanced everywhere.

That doesn't mean they can't be beaten. That's not how college football works. Emotions and injuries are always stories. They could come out flat or with nerves again. Those are always something every great team works hard to prevent. And how they respond to any major injuries will be a huge factor going forward.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apple Cup Gon B. Gud dis year
Would be even if WSU hadn't just gone and beat the crap out of Oregon and Stanford.

But I bet most fans outside of the Pac have no idea how well WSU is playing right now or how dangerous they are because all they see is - lost to an FCS team. It's what fans do.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be even if WSU hadn't just gone and beat the crap out of Oregon and Stanford.

But I bet most fans outside of the Pac have no idea how well WSU is playing right now or how dangerous they are because all they see is - lost to an FCS team. It's what fans do.

Plus, the book on Leach is that his teams score a lot but can't stop anybody, so therefore, they still suck. Fair enough, we'll just let the season play out.

But us long-suffering Wazzou fans, we're going to enjoy the ride. So proud of my beloved Cougs

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU has one of the youngest teams in College Football. That's the bad part.

The scary part about OSU, these guys are going to get tougher as the season goes on.

CU#1Fan

BITE ME
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time will tell. Seems everyone is discounting Clemson this year.

Everyone discounted Clemson last year as well. The consensus was OU would beat the brakes off Clemson. Then the consensus was Clemson didn't deserve to be in the same stadium as Bama. Seems that was the case year before when they played OU as well. Same the year before against tOSU, and the year before that against LSU.

If the Tigers are fortunate enough to make it again, we will see.

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone discounted Clemson last year as well. The consensus was OU would beat the brakes off Clemson. Then the consensus was Clemson didn't deserve to be in the same stadium as Bama. Seems that was the case year before when they played OU as well. Same the year before against tOSU, and the year before that against LSU.

Maybe it just me, but it does seem like in every big game, that Clemson is not given the respect it deserves. Even after continuously beating big name teams. You think Dabo and this program would have been given the benefit of the doubt by now. Oh well..I'm perfectly fine with surprising people.

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clemson was my team to beat, starting the season. The struggles, in the beginning have chilled me somewhat. I still think you guys are Playoff bound. You have the skill positions, just not sure you have the depth, you guys had last year