• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which of the young Alabama/Oklahoma QBs in the NFL end up being the best over the course of their careers?

Which of the young Alabama/Oklahoma QBs in the NFL end up being the best over the course of their ca

• Total voters

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray has been dinged up a couple of times. He's not a big guy like Josh Allen. Running around will eventually put him under the knife and slow his ass down. Then what?

Mac Jones has shown constant improvement since the Pats were 2-4 and has steered the team to 9-4 doing exactly what he's told and following th game plan and not trying to take over. Hasn't brought the team back in the fourth quarter because he hasn't had to. He puts them in front and stays there. Not making stupid rookie mistakes.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to attribute almost an entire year where Hurts had never played to your argument. I just took it to the next logical step.

There is no logic to anything you have said in this thread. You're a sour loser, living in a loser city that wanted tot alk about your career loser QB who couldn't be happier to leave that shit hole that you reside in.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh so now you're backing off your ridiculous comparison like it never happened?

I'm not backing off anything. I'm pointing out you pulled a statement out of your ass and claimed I said Reagor will be an All Pro in 3 years when I never said that. You're a pathological liar who got caught in their lie.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no logic to anything you have said in this thread. You're a sour loser, living in a loser city that wanted tot alk about your career loser QB who couldn't be happier to leave that shit hole that you reside in.
I have never in my life been to Michigan, let alone Detroit. I brought in Stafford to highlight how stupid your argument on behalf of Hurts was. Watching you try and tap dance around it has been hilarious. You getting to the point where you have a mini tantrum like this just made it that much better.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not backing off anything. I'm pointing out you pulled a statement out of your ass and claimed I said Reagor will be an All Pro in 3 years when I never said that. You're a pathological liar who got caught in their lie.
Oh so Reagor will be an all pro by year 4 since you're not backing off anything? You are one clueless dumb fuck.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh so Reagor will be an all pro by year 4 since you're not backing off anything? You are one clueless dumb fuck.

I never said that though. You're continually trying to put words in my mouth and you got caught for being a flat out liar and now you keep trying to double down on it. You're a pathological liar it seems like.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murray has been dinged up a couple of times. He's not a big guy like Josh Allen. Running around will eventually put him under the knife and slow his ass down. Then what?

Mac Jones has shown constant improvement since the Pats were 2-4 and has steered the team to 9-4 doing exactly what he's told and following th game plan and not trying to take over. Hasn't brought the team back in the fourth quarter because he hasn't had to. He puts them in front and stays there. Not making stupid rookie mistakes.
People who don't watch the cards on a regular basis all say the same thing.

Murray is a pass-first QB. He has run the ball 59 times this year and he avoids contact the majority of the time he runs. He has started 25 out of 28 games in his career thus far.

He has the highest completion percentage in the league and I believe he is number 1 in yards per pass. So, when you ask the question "what happens when he eventually goes under the knife which will slow his ass down?" Maybe he continues to be one of the most efficient passers in the league.

If we base the question in this thread on actual play and not potential injury, It is Murry in every way possible.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we base the question in this thread on actual play and not potential injury, It is Murry in every way possible.
And we all root for our guy. Running the ball 7-8 times a game will put him out. He's no different than Vick or RGIII or Lamar. Eventually, getting out of the pocket becomes an in jury. Even running backs are getting seriously hurt these days. I think Murray has been exceptional, but he's not indestructible.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we all root for our guy. Running the ball 7-8 times a game will put him out. He's no different than Vick or RGIII or Lamar. Eventually, getting out of the pocket becomes an in jury. Even running backs are getting seriously hurt these days. I think Murray has been exceptional, but he's not indestructible.
It's not even about rooting for our guy. It's about what is actually happening. He is completely different from all those QB's you named because he is a much better passer and he always looks to pass first. Also, he avoids contact while the others don't (or didn't). A better comparison is Russell Wilson. He is another guy who knows how to avoid contact. The difference is Murray is faster and quicker than Wilson.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not even about rooting for our guy. It's about what is actually happening. He is completely different from all those QB's you named because he is a much better passer and he always looks to pass first. Also, he avoids contact while the others don't (or didn't). A better comparison is Russell Wilson. He is another guy who knows how to avoid contact. The difference is Murray is faster and quicker than Wilson.
Kyler is a somewhat proven commodity. The other guys have not shown it yet.
Still, this thread is about opinion so everybody else's opinion must be wrong?

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying anybody is wrong. I'm simply stating my opinion. Most people will say I'm going homer, but I'm just calling as I see it.

Mac Jones has been amazing in his rookie year. He has the benefit of playing for the GOAT of coaches so the sky is the limit.

I just find it interesting that most people's opinion on Murry is based on his "inevitable" injury.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would compare Murray to Russell Wilson somewhat. Unlike Allen, Lamar and the other mobile guys, these guys only run when there is no other option for the pass and they are always looking to pas first. They avoid direct, hard contact more often than not and Wilson has been extremely durable
I think the notion that a smaller QB who is mobile is more likely to get hurt is flawed. I think these guys realize they can't go mano a mano with linebackers so they learn how to avoid it. The bigger QBs tend to get the "Superman" mentality ala Wentz, Cam etc.
The only injury concern I would have is more in the pocket than out. That's where tge smaller size is troublesome.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would compare Murray to Russell Wilson somewhat. Unlike Allen, Lamar and the other mobile guys, these guys only run when there is no other option for the pass and they are always looking to pas first. They avoid direct, hard contact more often than not and Wilson has been extremely durable
I think the notion that a smaller QB who is mobile is more likely to get hurt is flawed. I think these guys realize they can't go mano a mano with linebackers so they learn how to avoid it. The bigger QBs tend to get the "Superman" mentality ala Wentz, Cam etc.
The only injury concern I would have is more in the pocket than out. That's where tge smaller size is troublesome.
That's a great point. When you look at history, most smaller QB's in the league do not get injured.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a great point. When you look at history, most smaller QB's in the league do not get injured.

But Murray has gotten injured. He missed time this year and injuries' last year caused his play to really drop towards the end of last season.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Murray has gotten injured. He missed time this year and injuries' last year caused his play to really drop towards the end of last season.
Funny, Murray is at risk of injury, but DeVonta Smith isn’t?

BTW, I do see Murray's size raising his risk of injury.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DeVonta Smith has no history of injuries. As I've stated Kyler has missed time this year and his play dropped significantly last season due to injuries.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His play didn’t significantly drop. The entire teams Play dropped and they relied too much on Murray. He has missed 3 starts in almost 3 years.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he is injury prone, it is not because of his size. Not that there is a huge sample size, but there is no evidence showing smaller QB’s get injured more.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nope...just yours. :pigglywiggly:

Seriously, Murray may be different cause he's quick & fast, avoids open field contact extremely well. IMO, more likely Murray gets hurt in the pocket than open field

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope...just yours. :pigglywiggly:

Seriously, Murray may be different cause he's quick & fast, avoids open field contact extremely well. IMO, more likely Murray gets hurt in the pocket than open field
its how he got injured this year. Got rolled up on in the pocket.