• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which of the young Alabama/Oklahoma QBs in the NFL end up being the best over the course of their careers?

Which of the young Alabama/Oklahoma QBs in the NFL end up being the best over the course of their ca

• Total voters

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's come a tremendous way this year.

I will continue my anti Lamar campaign and say I'd rather give Hurts 250 million
You may be right….. i kept telling folks hurts had something…Thing is, theres still alot of untapped potential with him. He still has a higher ceiling imho.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always love when they couple stats together for a QB to say something.
Forget the QB that has 9000 passing yds (you know what QBs do) in their 1st 30 starts.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always love when they couple stats together for a QB to say something.
Forget the QB that has 9000 passing yds (you know what QBs do) in their 1st 30 starts.

There aren’t any. Herbert has 9,320 in his first 32 starts. He had 600 plus yards in his last two starts last year so he was short of 9,000 yards in 30 games. No one has done it yet.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There aren’t any. Herbert has 9,320 in his first 32 starts. He had 600 plus yards in his last two starts last year so he was short of 9,000 yards in 30 games. No one has done it yet.
well I was actually thinking of Mahomes.
whether it is just short or just over. Think you get the point.
2018 he had 16 games & 5097 yds
2019 he played in 14 games with 4031 yds.

but technically he started one game in 17. so if you want to look it up & do the math. Minus his last game from 19 & add the one game from 17.
still gonna land around 9000 yds.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well I was actually thinking of Mahomes.
whether it is just short or just over. Think you get the point.
2018 he had 16 games & 5097 yds
2019 he played in 14 games with 4031 yds.

but technically he started one game in 17. so if you want to look it up & do the math. Minus his last game from 19 & add the one game from 17.
still gonna land around 9000 yds.
Why do you knock what a guy like Hurts can do to the defense with his feet? It’s a huge asset.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you knock what a guy like Hurts can do to the defense with his feet? It’s a huge asset.
Its really not a Hurts thing (this time)
I just laugh when people add shit to make things be a one of a kind.
like when they throw Passing Tds with Rushing TDs
Or even not with QBs at all.

Like the only player to do this or that on the 3rd Thursday of an even # day during a blood moon. During all these night games the TV peeps love doing silly shit like that.

If you are talking of Jalen Hurts the Football player. Sure he is kicking ass right now.

But to use these silly notions as to try to make a claim as a top QB. You shouldnt have to add other things like this.
BTW still to this day no QB has won a superbowl, when known for his use of legs more than his use of passing.
Now I believe your Qb is progressing well in the Quarterback department. But as long as he is used the way he is now. Sure great for Combo stats to proclaim his uniqueness. Great but still makes me laugh like my bloodmoon comment. You will fall short from a Championship.
Now he is still young. Maybe he becomes more of a passer than a runner as his career continues.
As far as QBs goes.
Passers with ability to run are scarier than Running QBs. if your QBs oftentimes leads your team in rushing. That team is gonna fall short. So using rushing stats for a QB to pump up his importance as a passer. Well Good.

Vick never won a Championship. Lamar will never win a Championship.
Maybe Hurts transforms from a Running QB to a passer that can run. (Staubach, Young & others) Then you wont have to add rushing stats to justify his abilities as a QB.

As long as his QB IQ continues to progress you may end up with a bad ass at QB. (if you dont get him killed 1st)

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like the only player to do this or that on the 3rd Thursday of an even # day during a blood moon. During all these night games the TV peeps love doing silly shit like that.

If you are talking of Jalen Hurts the Football player. Sure he is kicking ass right now.

But to use these silly notions as to try to make a claim as a top QB. You shouldnt have to add other things like this.
BTW still to this day no QB has won a superbowl, when known for his use of legs more than his use of passing.
Now I believe your Qb is progressing well in the Quarterback department. But as long as he is used the way he is now. Sure great for Combo stats to proclaim his uniqueness. Great but still makes me laugh like my bloodmoon comment. You will fall short from a Championship.
Now he is still young. Maybe he becomes more of a passer than a runner as his career continues.
As far as QBs goes.
Passers with ability to run are scarier than Running QBs. if your QBs oftentimes leads your team in rushing. That team is gonna fall short. So using rushing stats for a QB to pump up his importance as a passer. Well Good.

Maybe Hurts transforms from a Running QB to a passer that can run. (Staubach, Young & others) Then you wont have to add rushing stats to justify his abilities as a QB.

As long as his QB IQ continues to progress you may end up with a bad ass at QB. (if you dont get him killed 1st)
Lamar will never win a championship?

Do you have a flux capacitor?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As far as QBs goes.

Meh. I don’t give a fuck about all that stuff from the past. The game is different now. Hurts and the Eagles will rise and fall based on their merits and performances. I have zero fucks to give about what past guys have done or haven’t done. I mean LaMar has a ten cent head and is a one read and run QB still after all this time. What does any of that have to do with Jalen Hurts and how he progresses?

Additionally, you should watch some college football because going forward these are the types of guys the game is producing going forward. I just watched Caleb Williams put on a clinic vs a damn solid ND defense Saturday night. The game is definitely changing.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I don’t give a fuck about all that stuff from the past. The game is different now. Hurts and the Eagles will rise and fall based on their merits and performances. I have zero fucks to give about what past guys have done or haven’t done. I mean LaMar has a ten cent head and is a one read and run QB still after all this time. What does any of that have to do with Jalen Hurts and how he progresses?

Additionally, you should watch some college football because going forward these are the types of guys the game is producing going forward. I just watched Caleb Williams put on a clinic vs a damn solid ND defense Saturday night. The game is definitely changing.
I just said he could progress. He has skills.
College football has always been full of running QBs this isnt new either.
as far as the bold
They say that every time a fast running QB enters the league. "This is the game now." They still fail if they dont progress to a passer 1st.
but I agree with you on Lamar. He is a trap player. Good enough stats to force a team to pay him, but never will win the Championship.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to say.
You talk a boat load of shit. I think every eagle fan on this site has taken a page from your book. You are clearly a leader.

Heading into this year I had Hurts ranked around 15th QB in the league and Dak as best in the division. This year though Hurts has clearly moved himself into the top 5 and best QB in the division.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heading into this year I had Hurts ranked around 15th QB in the league and Dak as best in the division. This year though Hurts has clearly moved himself into the top 5 and best QB in the division.
I'll wait for the end of the movie, but you go ahead. Assuming seldom works for me.