• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which 49ers in a contract year?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he plays out his contract, but then I think he departs unless he suddenly starts playing at a considerably higher level. He's been ok to date. I suspect he'll need to be great on the field for us to offer what he'll want.

Honestly, I'm not sure he returns after his contract regardless. If he starts putting up 1,000+ yards and 10+ TDs, he'll probably want Calvin Johnson money.

I can think of only a few highly unlikely scenarios which puts CTree in a 49er uniform come 2015.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's fair. None of these guys is irreplaceable by any means. But we could use a little consistency at the position after years of turnover.

agree and IMO the main reason it'll hurt.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We have a bunch of picks next draft to address future FA loses. I'd like to see NG, DE, and S drafted within the first three rounds next year to set things up for the long term. If we re-sign Soap, we can do the sickness strategy of shifting McDonald to LDE and then use the best of the drafted DE or NG at RDE (so basically put the NG at RDE like we previously did w/ Soap). That would be my strategy for next year. Just load up the defense for the long term and then add vets to the offense as needed along with mid-round interior lineman/WR's/DE as necessary and see what sticks. That is unless we trade a bunch of picks for a QB.