• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where is the Waco Kid? Bird hunting in Baltimore. Rangers vs Orioles 7 4-6

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would expect the mgr to get a message across to take more pitches at times and don’t pull everything. I expect in extra innings there is an emphasis on context and hitting the other way
I expect players to be worked with to be other infield defensive skills like Wash did
I expect him no to have Leody on the bench 3 out of 4 games earlier. I expect when he pinch hits it is not for Leody and surely not insert him at DH. I expect some talk with OBP for your leadoff guys. I expect him to do something different for the closer I expect him not to make excuses for kisses due to travel which every other team in the MLB has to do

I expect him to de commit himself to making ABS for Duggar and Culbertson

So yeah my personal expectations which mean very little have not been met by the mgr

But yeah Seager makes his own outs not the mgr
i don't disagree with anything here but how does he decommit from making ABs for Duggar and Culberson? they don't have options so do we sit them on the end of the bench for the rest of the season?

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep the pipeline flowing.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't disagree with anything here but how does he decommit from making ABs for Duggar and Culberson? they don't have options so do we sit them on the end of the bench for the rest of the season?
Yes sir. Sit them except for spot starts like away games, pinch runners and being thrn in blowout games for or against us. But to me I believe Duggar has one more option. So send him down for Reks until Duran is ready. At that point hope that either Miller or Culbertson are moved

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes sir. Sit them except for spot starts like away games, pinch runners and being thrn in blowout games for or against us. But to me I believe Duggar has one more option. So send him down for Reks until Duran is ready. At that point hope that either Miller or Culbertson are moved
And in case of injury or a needed fest but not as starters unless as you described.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is Reks any better than Duggars? i don't care but neither has a future with the Rangers

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never been a fan of the "trade and then re-sign" philosophy, or the "Rangers could be in the WC hunt in 2022" philosophy.
I’m just worried that a team like the dodgers or the yankees will offer him more money than the Rangers can. I don’t want to end up with nothing. If he’s really interested in staying, offer him an extension. And see if he’s really wants to be here.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in case of injury or a needed fest but not as starters unless as you described.
i doubt Woody considers either of them as "starters" except to give a real starter a rest etc.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i doubt Woody considers either of them as "starters" except to give a real starter a rest etc.
that's how they sit on the bench. That was your question.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One name to keep in mind for rounds 5 through 7 is Trey Lipscomb a 3B from Tennessee.

As a 22-year-old Senior, Trey Lipscomb doesn’t have a lot of leverage when it comes to draft negotiations. But when you hit .355/.428/.717 with 22 HR and 84 RBI against quality college opponents, that draws attention to Lipscomb for teams hoping to add an advanced bat into their farm system.

Watching Lipscomb throughout the season, I’m most impressed by his power to right-center field. He has an excellent swing path with the barrel whipping through the zone.

Again, Lipscomb is on the older side but is worth a $500,000 bonus to prove he can still swing a hot bat in the minors.

Lipscomb, a bit of a pop-up this season after largely being a part-time player his first three years on campus, has shown flashes of brilliance for the Volunteers this season. He's blistered the baseball at times, and has the versatility to play all over the infield. Scouts will want to see a more extended look at third base, his likely eventual home. Lipscomb is believed to be an average defender with an average arm for the position, but it the bat breaks through like it has at times in 2022, someone will find a spot for him in the lineup.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is Reks any better than Duggars? i don't care but neither has a future with the Rangers
Point for me is I would rather Duggar get some Abs at AAA. Might be able to move him

From what I have seen he is inferior defensively than White

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just worried that a team like the dodgers or the yankees will offer him more money than the Rangers can. I don’t want to end up with nothing. If he’s really interested in staying, offer him an extension. And see if he’s really wants to be here.

I'm a fan and hope he sticks around

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point for me is I would rather Duggar get some Abs at AAA. Might be able to move him

From what I have seen he is inferior defensively than White
i don't think there was ever an intent to get anything for him except to unload Willie. at some point over the next few months, we will see him, Reks, Miller, Culberson, Solak and others possibly including Taveras being released, traded or whatever to clear roster spots for players that do have a future with us. if we do send Duggar (he has 1 option left) down and Reks bombs we would either bring him back for what's left of the season or bring up Duran with his limited experience in CF which would cut into Taveras' time

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think there was ever an intent to get anything for him except to unload Willie. at some point over the next few months, we will see him, Reks, Miller, Culberson, Solak and others possibly including Taveras being released, traded or whatever to clear roster spots for players that do have a future with us. if we do send Duggar (he has 1 option left) down and Reks bombs we would either bring him back for what's left of the season or bring up Duran with his limited experience in CF which would cut into Taveras' time
Duran or Smith will likely end up in LF or 3B. Leody defensively will start CF if he continues to hit.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why LEODY needs all the ABs now so Duran has room. But he may play some LF IMO despite starts in CF. I would like to see Smith be a super UIF and OF getting 5 starts a week long term unless he proves himself too valuable at one spot

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the key. The FO will need to make a move in offering Perez a contract. And Perez has already stated he wants to be here. He is comfortable here.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would approach Martin and let him know how happy we are with his performance this year and tell him we would like him to stay here for a few years. Then tell him if he wants to pitch for a contender the rest of the year that we will try to give him what he wants. If he expresses a desire to go to a contender then consider that an option.

If he says no, then ask him and his agent for an extension. If that works out, then great. If we cannot sign him to an extension then look into trading him if a team is willing to offer up something the team considers valuable for him.

Bottom line, we don't have to trade him.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would approach Martin and let him know how happy we are with his performance this year and tell him we would like him to stay here for a few years. Then tell him if he wants to pitch for a contender the rest of the year that we will try to give him what he wants. If he expresses a desire to go to a contender then consider that an option.

If he says no, then ask him and his agent for an extension. If that works out, then great. If we cannot sign him to an extension then look into trading him if a team is willing to offer up something the team considers valuable for him.

Bottom line, we don't have to trade him.
What would be more valuable that Marteen at this time? We need pitching and we have it in him. Trade him and we start looking our self for his replacement. Rather have him than a position or prospects. We have plenty of them. Make him a fair extension and he will stay if he is serious

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make him a fair extension and he will stay if he is serious
That was pretty much what I said wasn't it?

"ask him and his agent for an extension. If that works out, then great."

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would be more valuable that Marteen at this time? We need pitching and we have it in him. Trade him and we start looking our self for his replacement. Rather have him than a position or prospects. We have plenty of them. Make him a fair extension and he will stay if he is serious
Wasn't disputing you but was hinting about a trade someone had mentioned and I don't see the advantage now so I actually was agreeing