• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where is the thread about Durant failing in the 4th quarter?

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could be possible but things were changing and all those other players had their legit #2's. Jordan had no one. I also look at his going to play another sport as proof he was not as loyal to the Bulls as some try to paint it.

...and in 1989 Scottie Pippen was no legit / established #2 guy either.

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You seem to care very much because you said:

I told you about moving the goal posts. You are going to get a hernia. :laugh3:

My point was that MJ did know which I backed with a article that echoed those same sentiments and his actual mentoring of Pippen. You have not provided anything to dispute this. Why are you avoiding that simple fact? You seem to have a difficult time dealing with the fact that the Cavs sucked as evidenced by what happened without Lebron.

I made one -1- reference about what Jordan may have thought (in 1989) to refute your claim that MJ knew Pippen was a future HOFER at the time.

Quit deflecting from the issue here... that being:

The Bulls were a 47-win / #6 seed team whose second-best player averaged 14/6/4 when MJ re-signed with the Bulls as a FA... the Cavs were a 61-win / #1 seed team (with the #6 Offense and #7 Defense) when LeChicken bolted for Miami.

That is the relevant issue here, shortcake.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made one -1- reference about what Jordan may have thought (in 1989) to refute your claim that MJ knew Pippen was a future HOFER at the time.

Quit deflecting from the issue here... that being:

The Bulls were a 47-win / #6 seed team whose second-best player averaged 14/6/4 when MJ re-signed with the Bulls as a FA... the Cavs were a 61-win / #1 seed team (with the #6 Offense and #7 Defense) when LeChicken bolted for Miami.

That is the relevant issue here, shortcake.

First I never claimed MJ knew Pip was a future HOF'er. Please quote where I said that. Dont make up lies and references when you cant back up then dumbass. :laugh3:

Back to the issue. MJ recognized Pip was a legit running mate. Lebron had no one even close to Pips caliber to persuade him to stay with the Cavs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a member of the CBS boards at this time in 2008 when I used to post 50 times a day or whatever it was. Westbrook had a lot a raw talent as a draft prospect but also had plenty of bust potential. Jerryd Bayless was hyped as the better guard prospect, and we all know he sucks. Just because a player is drafted high doesn't mean they are destined for stardom. I was hoping Westbrook would fall to the Pacers at #11, even though my peers at the time were pushing me to covet D.J. Augustin. Turns out OKC made the smart choice, considered a reach at the time at #4.

Great players bring out the best in others, the age-old saying. Jordan and Pippen, Magic and Kareem, and now Durant and Westbrook. Even Shaq and Kobe did it, before the trainwreck they eventually became in their final couple years together with the Lakers. With LeBron, you can't really say he made anyone else better. When it's all said and done, he'll go down on Dr. J's level at best. But, I'd argue that Dr. J was more innovative.
I realize that just because you're a high draft pick doesn't make you destined for stardom. But I'm sure if you ask any coach if they'd rather have the 4th pick overall, the 3rd pick or the 10th pick overall they're going to take the 3rd and 4th picks in B2B seasons like OKC had after Durant's initial rookie season.

The 7yrs LeBron was at Cleveland they had 4 first round picks.
2004-Luke Jackson 10th
2006-Shannon Brown 25th
2008-J.J Hickson 19th
2009- Christian Eyenga 30th

All whiffs.

If you can show me guys who went on to be more successful AFTER they left James and Cleveland, then I'll believe he doesn't make others better.

You could tech. make a case for Boozer but he only played 1yr with LeBron.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw, Jordan stayed on one team because that's just how that era was. The stars were spread out on many teams, and pretty much all of them stayed on their team in their primes.
Free Agency wasn't made available by the NBA until July of 1988. When Jordan signed his extension with the Bulls in Sept. of 1988 he still had 2 option years at the end of that 88-89 season. He could have opted out and signed with whoever he wanted, but of course Chicago could still offer him the most money. When he signed the extension (8yr. 25mil.) he was one of the highest paid players in the history of Basketball.

What made that contract bad for MJ was that it was soon after he signed, players salary's around the league started ballooning and the salary cap had gone up. He was arguably the best player in the league, but not making the most money. Not talking endorsements, just strictly salary.

Top 25 paid players 1990-91 season.

1. Patrick Ewing (NY) $4,250,000
2. Hot Rod Williams (Cle) $3,785,000
3. Hakeem Olajuwon (Hou) $3,175,000
4. Charles Barkley (Phi) $2,900,000
5. Chris Mullin (GS) $2,850,000
6. Isiah Thomas (Det) $2,720,000
7. Danny Ferry (Cle) $2,640,000
8. Michael Jordan (Chi) $2,500,000
8. Robert Parish (Bos) $2,500,000
10. Moses Malone (Atl) $2,406,000
11. Magic Johnson (LAL) $2,400,000

TheDangerousKitchen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But MJ saw his potential. Who was on the Cavs that had Pips potential when Lebron was there or since he has left?

EVERYBODY saw Pippen's "potential"; millions of players have potential, but millions more fail to live up to it.

1989 Pippen was in no way, shape or form the player he would eventually become... so for you to say that Jordan "saw" a future first-ballot HOF / Dynasty running mate in a (then) skinny, raw, mentally weak and terribly inconsistent second-year player (who wasn't even a starter to begin the season) is a loooooooooooong stretch AT BEST.

Either way the fact STILL remains the Bulls were a 47-win / #6 seed team (whose second-best player averaged 14/6/4) when MJ re-signed with the Bulls as a FA, while the Cavs were a 61-win / #1 seed team (with the #6 Offense and #7 Defense) when LeChicken bolted for Miami.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo Montsho? Tell me right now what I'm thinking? If you can do it, I'll mail you a check for $1,000. If you've got those kinds of skills dude bottle them up and sell them....don't waste time on this site.

And you're now BOTH a Warriors and Heat fan, hmmm. Seems you can't stick to one like other losers on this site rootin for multiple NBA teams.

The joys of posting on this site is discovering some posters have out of this world talents....

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
EVERYBODY saw Pippen's "potential"; millions of players have potential, but millions more fail to live up to it.

1989 Pippen was in no way, shape or form the player he would eventually become... so for you to say that Jordan "saw" a future first-ballot HOF / Dynasty running mate in a (then) skinny, raw, mentally weak and terribly inconsistent second-year player (who wasn't even a starter to begin the season) is a loooooooooooong stretch AT BEST.

Either way the fact STILL remains the Bulls were a 47-win / #6 seed team (whose second-best player averaged 14/6/4) when MJ re-signed with the Bulls as a FA, while the Cavs were a 61-win / #1 seed team (with the #6 Offense and #7 Defense) when LeChicken bolted for Miami.
MJ wasn't a free agent when he signed his extension. He signed September of '88 and still had 1 more year on his rookie deal, plus 2 option years.

On September 12, 1984, Michael Jordan signed his first NBA contract with the Chicago Bulls. It was a 5 year guaranteed contract with two option years. The whopping total was for a little over $6 million and that included a $1 million signing bonus.

The 1984 NBA Draft: Drafting Jordan ? Not a Done Deal « The History Rat

The previous season (87-88 before signing the extension) Bulls were a #3 seed with a record of 50-32 and got beat in the 2nd round.

1987-88 NBA Season Summary | Basketball-Reference.com

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well Durant doesn't have near the cast for 1. if durants not getting it done they usually lose. haven't seen many games Durant isn't scoring and they win easily like LeBron has many times. ibaka isn't going to get you 37 points

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bulls traded Oakley for Cartwright, the summer MJ re-signed.....due to what they saw out of young Horace Grant

There's 4 of your 5 starters right there.
MJ
Scottie
Horace
Bill

besides Cartwright, MJ played with those 2 from the onset of their rookie seasons. Lebron's starters were a carousel throughout his years there.

No need for MJ to leave when the core was falling into place.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who said Pippen was already a HOF'er? You keep deflecting. I said MJ saw his future running mate as evidenced by his singling Pip out and mentoring him and multiple sources that say the same thing. Yet you cannot post one shred of evidence saying he didn't see that. The point is that Lebron had no one with Pips potential on the roster before or after he left the Cavs. MJ had had a ready made team for a run Lebron didn't. What is confusing you about this to the point you are trying to change the conversation to safer ground?

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo Montsho? Tell me right now what I'm thinking? If you can do it, I'll mail you a check for $1,000. If you've got those kinds of skills dude bottle them up and sell them....don't waste time on this site.

And you're now BOTH a Warriors and Heat fan, hmmm. Seems you can't stick to one like other losers on this site rootin for multiple NBA teams.

The joys of posting on this site is discovering some posters have out of this world talents....

Why should I tell you what you are thinking? Dont you know that yourself? Ive always been a Warriors and Heat fan. I dont get why someone is a loser because they root for multiple teams? I think the definition of a loser is someone that doesn't get paid for pledging allegiance to an entity that see's them as a dollar sign and has the nerve to mock someone that doesn't fall victim to that same paradigm. What do you think?

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why should I tell you what you are thinking? Dont you know that yourself? Ive always been a Warriors and Heat fan. I dont get why someone is a loser because they root for multiple teams? I think the definition of a loser is someone that doesn't get paid for pledging allegiance to an entity that see's them as a dollar sign and has the nerve to mock someone that doesn't fall victim to that same paradigm. What do you think?

he's got jokes....then don't feed us bull about what MJ was thinking unless someone asked him outright, it's pure conjecture. Bottom line, MJ stuck around and LBJ didn't, facts.

as for the multiple teams, who would you root for if they met in the finals? I wouldn't see any fun in that...but knock yourself out.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's got jokes....then don't feed us bull about what MJ was thinking unless someone asked him outright, it's pure conjecture. Bottom line, MJ stuck around and LBJ didn't, facts.

as for the multiple teams, who would you root for if they met in the finals? I wouldn't see any fun in that...but knock yourself out.

I can feed you want I want to and there is nothing you can do to stop me. Its called an opinion however I backed mine up with evidence whereas RetardedKitchen has nothing but his opinion. Bottom line MJ had a reason to stick around. Lebron didn't. Don't be a simpleton and take everything at surface value.

What difference does it make who I would root for? I wouldn't expect that to be fun for you because you have pledged allegiance to the continued financial wealth of the Buss family. Its not that serious to me. I just want a good game.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is stupid.

Nobody has ever tried to claim Durant is some kind of god like the Heaters do with "King James." Please.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah because LBJ is not the best player in the world right? You guys get your panties in a bunch because Heat fans and honest NBA fans tell you guys the truth which is that LBJ been the best in the league for at least the last 7 years.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah because LBJ is not the best player in the world right? You guys get your panties in a bunch because Heat fans and honest NBA fans tell you guys the truth which is that LBJ been the best in the league for at least the last 7 years.

"Honest"? Some of the jokers on this site? Please...:lol:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kinda like how Heat fans and Lebroniacs get their panties in a bunch when anyone dares to criticize Lebron.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeClown is human after all...Montsho/Zags, is all twisted up and is railing at all comers cause he doesn't like it when his boy is not compared favorably, and justly, to players like MJ and Kobe.

EVERY move LeClown is under the microscope cause that's what happens when the self-professed King is deemed the best in the league. Live with it. Lakers fans had to endure it during Kobe years.