• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where do the Lakers go from here...?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers were like, “Hey, Lebron, wanna play for us?”

And Lebron was like, “I want to, but I really need a hard headed moron side kick at my side. It will be very hard to leave JR Smith in Cleveland.”

And the lakers be like, “Hey, Lance, wanna play for us with Lebron?”

And the rest is history.
Lance is a one year rental for a small amount of money - the Lakers are going after much better - sorry to disappoint you

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance is a one year rental for a small amount of money - the Lakers are going after much better - sorry to disappoint you
Isn’t it for one of the exceptions? And why would I be disappointed? Lakers are going to be good.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why they signed Stephenson - but He is a back up guard at the best - Kentavious Pope should be starting and they still have Josh Hart.

Like you said, he'll be a back up. He's a MLE so his contract won't count against the cap.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you said, he'll be a back up. He's a MLE so his contract won't count against the cap.
Every dollar counts toward the cap, but the Lakers do have to sign some back ups and 4.5 million isn't going to break ther banks in my opinion or stop them from signing the players they want - I would be more interested in them getting rid of Deng

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every dollar counts toward the cap, but the Lakers do have to sign some back ups and 4.5 million isn't going to break ther banks in my opinion or stop them from signing the players they want - I would be more interested in them getting rid of Deng

Exceptions are additions to the cap.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Wiggy - the Lakers even with LeBron will miss the playoffs:pound:

DhD2ATMV4AA-Y7D.jpg

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Their moves this summer have been brilliant.

Aside from the longshot of landing all 3 of LBJ, Kawhi and PG, they weren't going to seriously challenge GS this season. Now, they will focus all of their efforts toward landing Kawhi next summer and pairing him with LeBron and most of the young kids. If they are able to get Randle at a good price (looks more likely now), they will be in great shape for 2020 and beyond.

Oh yeah, and the Deng contract will be much less expensive to move next summer.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell

has anyone said they can go to hell, yet?

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephenson is weirdly only halfway decent with the Pacers. He has flat out sucked ass everywhere else he's played. I'm actually pretty skeptical on the signing. I would have much rather used it on a player like Luc Mbah A Moute, a 3 and D player with far less headaches to worry about. Would have preferred using that 12 mil KCP got on someone like JJ Redick as well but whatevs.

The Lance Stephenson Hornets shirtzee i bought a few years ago hasn't aged well

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their moves this summer have been brilliant.

Aside from the longshot of landing all 3 of LBJ, Kawhi and PG, they weren't going to seriously challenge GS this season. Now, they will focus all of their efforts toward landing Kawhi next summer and pairing him with LeBron and most of the young kids. If they are able to get Randle at a good price (looks more likely now), they will be in great shape for 2020 and beyond.

Oh yeah, and the Deng contract will be much less expensive to move next summer.

One of the things I learned - is that LeBron coming to Los Angeles was not dependent on a second super-star coming. LeBron understands that a second super-star can be created from what the Lakers already have. That means after the Lakers have signed all they are going to -and put their team together built around the salary cap of Deng - I say then buy him out for April of 2019 - then everything in the buy out counts toward the salary for the next season and the Lakers starts the 2019 season with 18 million more under the cap.

I have to admit that the LeBron signing has left me a lot more excited about the Lakers future then I expected. They basically got LeBron without having to trade or sign for any one else.

My one concern is this and tell me what you think. I think Leonard is being a real asshole toward the Spurs and is now trying to force a trade with some dirty moves in my opinion. I don't like that and in spite of him being the 2nd best player in the NBA and what he would do for the Lakers if they could get him cheap - Do you really want that type of a person with that kind of character on your team? My thoughts is if he would screw the Spurs like that - then he would eventually screw the Lakers - it's like finding out your brother just stole a lot of money from your sister. It leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth. I am really conflicted with the obvious of keeping and wanting him and taking the chance vs do I trust him:noidea:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do understand that the Lakers do not have the ability to beat the Warriors - but they have just guaranteed that they will be in the playoffs and that every game at staples center and game in other arenas where the Lakers play will be sold out. That translates to a lot of money for every team in the NBA and they Lakers are not finished building yet.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won’t start, but you’ll see plenty of him. He could easily be a 6th man type scorer/facilitator off the bench.
I actually think he is a little better than I first thought - I remember seeing a picture of his face in the dictionary though next to the definition of asshole - I just don't remember why :lol: