• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

When its all said and done where will Miles stack up?

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you don't build a new stadium and hire a new coach to let someone steal him from you because they are going to pay him more money, I think Nebraska would meet or beat anyone when it comes to paying miles and his staff.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you don't build a new stadium and hire a new coach to let someone steal him from you because they are going to pay him more money, I think Nebraska would meet or beat anyone when it comes to paying miles and his staff.
-------
I would state that as of right now, Connie Yori has accomplished more than Miles (by a long shot), and she makes less than half of what Miles does. That's the type of "issue" I'm talking about. I don't expect that every coach in every sport that wins consistantly to be paid exactly the same , but the disparity of the two basketball coaches is going to have to be addressed at some point.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

You cannot compare the men's and women's basketball programs.

Not in attendance or in advertising revenue.

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Would be much more appropriate to compare Connie and staffs salary to other Big Women's coaches and peers nationally. I looked, didn't see any lists. Will says with no doubt, she ears her paycheck.

I would expect boosters and Eichorst to make sure they prioritize keeping Miles/staff happy. Nebrasketball has potential...it may very well be worth the investment, even if it turns into a very pricey one.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
I would state that as of right now, Connie Yori has accomplished more than Miles (by a long shot), and she makes less than half of what Miles does. That's the type of "issue" I'm talking about. I don't expect that every coach in every sport that wins consistantly to be paid exactly the same , but the disparity of the two basketball coaches is going to have to be addressed at some point.

I would love to know the last time they put out a pump-up video for the Women's Basketball team........hell, even the Volleyball team for that matter.

They do it every single game for the Men's Basketball team right now. There is a reason for that........it's called being marketable.

While Women's Volleyball has a little bit of a following, Men's sports just generate way more money......because they generate way more interest. If your the head man of a team that generates a bunch of money, you're gonna see some of that money.

It's just the way the Werld works.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yori could win 5 National Championships in a row and there are still gonna be a ton of folks who don't follow Nebraska's Women's Basketball team.

If the Men did that, however, it would be a completely different story.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give zero shits about nebraska womens bb.. except that Hoop is a cool person in real life

Thats all i know

sandhill_husker

Huskers!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,909.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I give zero shits about nebraska womens bb.. except that Hoop is a cool person in real life

Thats all i know

She's good, and a class act. If you want to help her out a little, go vote for her here

Women's Basketball | Senior CLASS Award

What JJM was saying about marketing etc. is true though.

2012-2013

Mens bball: 2,437,834 profit
Women's bball: -2,324,941 loss

Both hoops programs will make a lot more this season, I think, but the profit gulf stays the same I'm sure.

I could be wrong too as there's only so many seats for mens games. Could be like volleyball became from football...only so many seats so maybe attend the 'next best thing' so to speak.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She's good, and a class act. If you want to help her out a little, go vote for her here

Women's Basketball | Senior CLASS Award

What JJM was saying about marketing etc. is true though.

2012-2013

Mens bball: 2,437,834 profit
Women's bball: -2,324,941 loss

Both hoops programs will make a lot more this season, I think, but the profit gulf stays the same I'm sure.

I could be wrong too as there's only so many seats for mens games. Could be like volleyball became from football...only so many seats so maybe attend the 'next best thing' so to speak.

A $4.8 million differential.

"But they need to pay Yori as much as Miles, because she's accomplished more". :L

Last edited by a moderator:

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

You cannot compare the men's and women's basketball programs.

Not in attendance or in advertising revenue.
-------
I think you'd better reread what you just posted. By your criteria, Bo should be one of the highest paid football coaches in the country (though he's not even in the top 10 thank goodness). After all we sell out every home game to the tune of 90000 plus AND our football program is one of the top money makers in the country. As in a shitload of money. So, he should be close to the top 5 in salary right?

We have two programs right now that continue to put Nebraska sports in a positive light throughout the country (and by positive I mean their success as in relatively clean programs, recruitment, nattys and national rankings). Women's basketball AND volleyball. I didn't suggest equal pay reread what I said. But if Miles gets big pay hikes then other coaches are going to have to be paid in an equitable manner because Cook & Yori are way ahead of Miles for doing good for Nebraska athletics.

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A $4.8 million differential.

"But they need to pay Yori as much as Miles, because she's accomplished more". :L
---------
Get it through your thick skull, I didn't say pay as much :doh:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
I think you'd better reread what you just posted. By your criteria, Bo should be one of the highest paid football coaches in the country (though he's not even in the top 10 thank goodness). After all we sell out every home game to the tune of 90000 plus AND our football program is one of the top money makers in the country. As in a shitload of money. So, he should be close to the top 5 in salary right?

We have two programs right now that continue to put Nebraska sports in a positive light throughout the country (and by positive I mean their success as in relatively clean programs, recruitment, nattys and national rankings). Women's basketball AND volleyball. I didn't suggest equal pay reread what I said. But if Miles gets big pay hikes then other coaches are going to have to be paid in an equitable manner because Cook & Yori are way ahead of Miles for doing good for Nebraska athletics.

It took you long enough to come up with that steaming pile of shit you call justification for being a knucklehead.

Bo Pelino salary: $2.97 million
Tim Miles salary: $1.52 million
Connie Yori salary: $693,000
John Cook salary: $400,000

Why do you think that is?

Hint. The disparity's got nothing to do with what other coaches are making around the country in any sport.

Quit being a fucking dumbass. You're just digging a deeper hole.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you truly feel Yori should be paid "equitable" to Miles and the definition of "equitable" is fair, impartial, just, and unbiased, then since the mens bball program makes $2.4 million profit and the women's bball program shows a $2.3 million loss, then Connie Yori should be paying UNL to coach there.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you truly feel Yori should be paid "equitable" to Miles and the definition of "equitable" is fair, impartial, just, and unbiased, then since the mens bball program makes $2.4 million profit and the women's bball program shows a $2.3 million loss, then Connie Yori should be paying UNL to coach there.

:lol:

bigred472

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took you long enough to come up with that steaming pile of shit you call justification for being a knucklehead.

Bo Pelino salary: $2.97 million
Tim Miles salary: $1.52 million
Connie Yori salary: $693,000
John Cook salary: $400,000

Why do you think that is?

Hint. The disparity's got nothing to do with what other coaches are making around the country in any sport.

Quit being a fucking dumbass. You're just digging a deeper hole.
-------
Hey you're the one that said attendance and revenue were of utmost importance when it comes to salary. All I did was point out that if that was the case Bo should be in the top 10 somewhere (probably the top 5). Is he? Huh? Quit deflecting with your "dumbass" quotes of those four salaries...we ALL know. Yori and Cook have done more positive for the athletic department than what Bo has. I don't really give a fat flying fuck if both teams lose money. They win and they don't whine like our 2.9 million dollar man does who has far less to show for his salary than either Cook OR Yori.

I won't begrudge Miles one bit if after one really great season he gets a say a 45% raise. But those who have done more than him equally deserve that same 45% raise. Believe it or not, we are really really close to being what Texas was--a dominant force in all major sports. But to do so, we cannot insult those coaches who have done well by us for longer periods of time than Miles.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Hey you're the one that said attendance and revenue were of utmost importance when it comes to salary. All I did was point out that if that was the case Bo should be in the top 10 somewhere (probably the top 5). Is he? Huh? Quit deflecting with your "dumbass" quotes of those four salaries...we ALL know. Yori and Cook have done more positive for the athletic department than what Bo has. I don't really give a fat flying fuck if both teams lose money. They win and they don't whine like our 2.9 million dollar man does who has far less to show for his salary than either Cook OR Yori.

I won't begrudge Miles one bit if after one really great season he gets a say a 45% raise. But those who have done more than him equally deserve that same 45% raise. Believe it or not, we are really really close to being what Texas was--a dominant force in all major sports. But to do so, we cannot insult those coaches who have done well by us for longer periods of time than Miles.

Attendance at Nebraska you dipshit. Attendance, tv revenue, marketing revenue, apparel, the whole thing.

Stop distracting by adding other schools into it. What other schools pay their coaches has nothing to do with the disparity in salary of Nebraska coaches. ZERO.

Men's football and basketball apparel are what people want. Men's football and basketball are what is watched on TV that advertisers pay for. Men's football and basketball is what fills the stadiums and arena.

You are truly a fucking idiot that can't accept that you are wrong in whining about salary disparity for the coaches of women's sports.