• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

what's this?

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the bears don't suck?

I mean...The McCaskeys aren't going to win any popularity contests...but next to Reinsdorf they look like the greatest owners on the planet.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let’s slow our roll. Beating the Titans, Jags, Panthers and beat up rams isn’t much of an accomplishment. They each only have 1 win. Washington will be our best test until we play the Vikings and packers.

You never want to see and injury, but Hutchison looking like he had a season ending injury makes the lions a little more beatable.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, let’s slow our roll. Beating the Titans, Jags, Panthers and beat up rams isn’t much of an accomplishment. They each only have 1 win. Washington will be our best test until we play the Vikings and packers.

True story......

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You never want to see and injury, but Hutchison looking like he had a season ending injury makes the lions a little more beatable.
I do think it's safe to list us as being better than those aforementioned teams, though. That's the NFL "suck" category - which we are certainly above.

The question wasn't "are the Bears good?" - it was "we don't suck?"

We certainly do not "suck" anymore :D

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can only play the teams on your schedule. No reason to apologize for beating teams you should beat. What really stings right now is the loss to the Colts that should have been a win.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caleb's breakout = Kmet hitting another level.

Not just that, he's getting the ball around well in the past few weeks that all of our playmakers (Moore/Odunze/Kmet/Allen/Swift) are finding opportunities and producing. Not an easy task to feed that many mouths as a rookie. Very impressive.

Granted, as stated by others in this thread, right now everything is against lesser teams. Based on how the offense has progressed it pretty much tells me that we will find success in most games where our offensive line isn't completely outmatched.

Interestingly enough on that note, the Vikings games may prove to be the two hardest on our schedule as their QB pressure is off the charts. Whowouldathunkit?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what it is. We beat up on teams we should have. I think it’s perfect for Caleb Williams development. He’s going to have a half season under his belt before he plays a division game. That’s huge.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can only play the teams on your schedule. No reason to apologize for beating teams you should beat. What really stings right now is the loss to the Colts that should have been a win.

If we miss the playoffs (which looks possible in a "just missed/just outside looking in" type of way), we will all be lamenting that loss for years.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we miss the playoffs (which looks possible in a "just missed/just outside looking in" type of way), we will all be lamenting that loss for years.

I do think the Vikings fall to Earth hard after the bye. I don’t buy that team. But yeah the way things look right now the path to the playoffs is daunting.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

last year they wouldn't have done that.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, no way Darnold keeps that pace.
Yeah...but all the non-Bears fans expect us to fall back down to earth too...That's just how it goes until it is resolved on the field.

Vikings are a bad matchup for us IMO. They have enough talent at the skill positions to negate our insane 2nd and 3rd levels and their pressure is tops in the league and will probably expose us similar to the Houston game. Darnold doesn't have to be great for us to lose to them.