• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What's the excuse now?

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
Can't accept that... Alex had no WRs for most of his career and the offense under Harbaugh managed wins in the end... Kap never checks down, he's been throwing inaccurate bullets or just to Boldin...

The GB game, sooo much of those yards went to Boldin, no one else. Davis as a TE but he wasn't available today. GB also sold out to stop the run(Qb or RB)... the secondary was open for Kap and Boldin couldn't drop one that day.

He didn't bring that high power offense of his in Seattle last and today at home as well... he all of sudden lost it... something is messed up here....

That's exactly what I've been thinking. He's always looking down the field and never to the running back. two 6 yard completions is still a first down. Plus why don't we ever run screens???

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't read this thread yet, but can imagine EVERY single part of the team has been mentioned? IMO it is a lot on mental and emotional things, that losing SB teams go thru. yes, there are exceptions but history has shown more naught.

his season is far from over and not accepting 'history' now. but this two game 'rut' is rooted in that. we all expected a tough start too, so not surprising everything is struggling.

unfortunately, this team now has to travel.

You know, I just dont think the hangover from losing is a part of it... the apparent turnaround in direction of the offense has really set back the team... preparation, scheme etc.... its like we went from a Steve Young to Emmitt Smith as an analyst.....

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes, I believe that. He's still making the same mistakes this year that he did last year. He ran out of bounds for a loss instead of throwing the ball away just like he did in the Super Bowl! The delay of game problems in Seattle, throwing the ball 95 MPH on a 5-yard pass, etc.

Probably too much partying. We see enough of the party pics on the internet & Kap going to interviews in sweat pants... I don't take him seriously at this point.

The team has done MUCH better in this aspect of the game, at least, since the repeated mishaps in week one. We had one or two issues in Seattle, but those are attributable to the environment. This week, at least on offense, we were at the line and ready to go. Obviously nearly every other aspect of the offense has suffered over the last two weeks, but I do think they took pains - and to date at least have succeeded - to address that particular area.

49ersLLC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's exactly what I've been thinking. He's always looking down the field and never to the running back. two 6 yard completions is still a first down. Plus why don't we ever run screens???

Quaterbacking 101 is never stare down your intended target always look around.

Why doesn't Kaepernick know this? And ever since Roman took over as OC 49ers fans have been wondering what happened to running screens? It's beyond incompetent that Roman and Harbaugh have abandoned the screens.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha ha. Some asshole just called in to KNBR and said the reason the 49ers are playing so bad is because Kaepernick wore the Dolphins hat and the team is no longer behind him. Brooks hung up on him.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Screens don't work against 8 and 9 man fronts. They work best when the opposition is blitzing. If your DBs can cover all the wide receivers without help there is no need to blitz.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Seasons are chess matches, every team has so far played the 49er offense the same way -- stack up the line, and stop the run and dare Kaepernick and his receivers to beat them in the air. Against Green Bay and their banged up secondary it worked, against Seattle and Indy it obviously didn't. I didn't see the Indy game thank god, but the Seattle game was very disappointing for Kaepernick -- he was clearly rattled and was making the wrong reads -- my hope is that instead or reading stories about how he is on the field at 6 a.m. before anyone else working on his sprints and perfect abs we start reading stories about how he's in the film room at 5:30 a.m. working the projector on his own. I am still going to have faith that based on Harbaugh's and Roman's track record as coaches and level of success at every stage of coaching that they suddenly haven't become shitty coaches overnight and that they will adjust, go back to the drawing board and work with Kaepernick and their game plan. I will also still have faith at the moment that based on what I saw last year out of Kaepernick and how he played in New Orleans, New England, and in the Super Bowl, that he can get his act together and start being a good qb again, and not get rattled, but I'll admit that first chess move of adjusting to SF offense has clearly gone to the other side, now it's up to the 49ers to make their counter move or risk a lost season.
And one more thing, Baalke, as good as he is, has to learn how to draft a wide receiver and skilled positions on offense, the fact that AJ Jenkins is gone and LaMichael James is tweeting that his knee is fine and he's still not seeing game time means that the 2012 draft was a disgrace. Teams don't remain good if their first two draft picks in the 1st and 2nd rounds are washouts.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks ike Kap went Hollywood on us rather than studying football.

Vernon, Crabtree & the OL carried him last year.

Don't forget to throw Justin Smith under the bus with Kaepernick you tool.

In case people have not noticed. We have Aldon Smith in drug rehab, Crabtree, manningham, Vernon Davis, Ian Williams Mcdonald, and Patrick Willis, all either injured or out for the season.

Does anyone really think we can not have Crabtree, Manningham, and Vernon Davis on the field and Kaep will be just fine? Seriously. This blame game crap thats going on is really stupid.

does anyone really think that Kyle Williams is going to pick up that slack?

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know what I enjoy more -- the 49ers fan who wrote in to complain the noise in Seattle was too loud and unfair or the fans throwing Kaepernick (sp) under the bus right now, when he has NO ONE to throw the ball to.

SF's WRs are a disaster. Anquan Boldin is all they have right now with Crabtree out. CK has the arm to make all the throws, but when you don't have anyone to throw the ball too, it makes it difficult.

I don't know who SF drafted this year, as it has slipped my mind, outside of Eric Reid -- but with all those picks, they should have been drafting weapons for CK. I haven't even heard of half the guys he was throwing the ball to today and they made the Colts secondary all look like lockdown CBs.

The part about SF that was I completely shocked by -- Indy just steamrolling them on the ground. They had to have 150+ yards rushing. That just didn't happen in years past. Not sure what it is that is missing on SF's defense, but if they don't get it fixed -- it could be a long season.

Offseason moves as the receiving positions:
Traded for WR Anquan Boldin.
Drafted TE Vance McDonald in the second round.
Drafted WR Quinton Patton in the fourth round.

They didn't know they'd lose Crabtree, of course, and I think they expected to get Manningham back sooner. It's clear we need to do something at WR, though.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to stop believing their own hype. They remind me of when the Giants played the Phillies in the 2010 MLB playoffs. The Phillies were a "better" team and you could see that they expected to win off of reputation and the past. The Giants wanted it more and had a team of players who had something to prove. Seattles defense is the best in the NFL and they still act like they have to prove something.

The Niners are going to keep getting beat because they lost their edge. I don't think anybody is scared of them anymore.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we are on the same page. Just go back to last years offense and everything will be fine. Run opens up the past for Kap.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
[/B]

Screens don't work against 8 and 9 man fronts. They work best when the opposition is blitzing. If your DBs can cover all the wide receivers without help there is no need to blitz.

And teams often blitz out of eight or nine man fronts. The screen against Seattle would have gone for a very long distance if one of our three blockers had decided to put a body on Sherman. There was tons of room to run, but the only guy on that side of the field made the play.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

In case people have not noticed. We have Aldon Smith in drug rehab, Crabtree, manningham, Vernon Davis, Ian Williams Mcdonald, and Patrick Willis, all either injured or out for the season.

Does anyone really think we can not have Crabtree, Manningham, and Vernon Davis on the field and Kaep will be just fine? Seriously. This blame game crap thats going on is really stupid.

No one is expecting huge scoring output. But we need more than 10 points through two games regardless of who our receivers are.

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Haven't posted in over a year..I think...can I just say something fun for old times sake?

I was really hoping Casic or one of his alter egos would come back and start another Alex Smith post, yet with a twist, telling everyone how we NEVER should have traded him and that Kap gained his only yards in "garbage time" (Not very creative but that's all I got after a long day at work!) ...sorry if this has been repeated...

AS 3-0 (recovering Chiefs)
Kap 1-2 (Superbowl "destined" 9ers)

Interesting to say the least...but A LOT of football left to play. Kap will be superior but he's got a ways to go, still raw and teams now know how to beat him, stop him from running and make him throw...our WRs can't can't open. Wow...seems like the past is haunting us again.

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

That's a lot of players out...but Aldon played this past weekend. I believe Bolden to be significantly better than Manningham, Crabtree has had one decent year, but are you shocked he's out with an injury? The loss of Williams and not having PW and McDonald is significant, but this happens, we still should've outplayed the Colts...right now Kap appears raw and there seems to be a general let down...over confidence.

notmyfault

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of these post remind me of when posters were trying to figure out why Tim Lincecum was struggling so much. Their conclusion? His hair was too long and disrupting his mechanics. LOL