• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Realistic Suggestions to Right the Ship

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
IMO Roman is just leaning on plays that suit Kaep best. This extends to ALL the offensive players, but mainly Kaep.

Roman can't get too fancy with running plays cause the line's strength is power blocking. Asking these linemen to get into space is asking a lot? Gore's strength is also between the tackles, not too far outside.

in the passing game, Kaep can make all the passes between the 20's, so it appears we're limited by receivers and pass protection? Kaep has issues with quick reads and quick routes. He has issues throwing 'short' and particularly in the RZ. Coaches are supposed to lean on their player strengths.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are blaming the QB? If he cannot get it done with this QB, then we have big problems. Kap is NOT the problem.

Kaepernick is definitely the main problem. The offense is simple because Kaepernick cannot digest and run anything more complex. The O Line deserves its share of blame as well; I'll give you that.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The concern with last game was it seemed all the good plays were Kaepernick scrambling and finding someone. That's great to have that, but what does that say about the play-call - nothing good or bad per se because the result is based upon that play not working out or the QB not running the right play/reads but making up for it. It says things about either the oline, receivers, or Kaepernick making reads. Scrambling is a great skill and reliable to an extent, but not a strategy. When we correct the oline and improve his reads, it'll be a great combination with his scrambling.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Roman is just leaning on plays that suit Kaep best. This extends to ALL the offensive players, but mainly Kaep.

Roman can't get too fancy with running plays cause the line's strength is power blocking. Asking these linemen to get into space is asking a lot? Gore's strength is also between the tackles, not too far outside.

in the passing game, Kaep can make all the passes between the 20's, so it appears we're limited by receivers and pass protection? Kaep has issues with quick reads and quick routes. He has issues throwing 'short' and particularly in the RZ. Coaches are supposed to lean on their player strengths.

The RZ offense was still atrocious, but the overall game plan did lean on our strengths...bad game for the WR's but there was far less wasted motion on O, the line finally showed up, and we were getting to the line to run plays faster than I have seen all year. Kaep had some great touch passes as well. The D has been solid and kept us in games and now we finally have something to build on with the O.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kaepernick is definitely the main problem. The offense is simple because Kaepernick cannot digest and run anything more complex. The O Line deserves its share of blame as well; I'll give you that.

Kaep has more good than bad, but yes these things you want to point out, prevent him from being 'elite'. We always wish for better play but it could be worse, wasn't THAT long ago where we had the worse QB's in the NFL.

IMO Kaep has improved his 'distance' passing between the 20's, but the rest is the same.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The RZ offense was still atrocious, but the overall game plan did lean on our strengths...bad game for the WR's but there was far less wasted motion on O, the line finally showed up, and we were getting to the line to run plays faster than I have seen all year. Kaep had some great touch passes as well. The D has been solid and kept us in games and now we finally have something to build on with the O.

yes, the offense was certainly better than last week, especially the O-line. yep, too bad receivers dropped catchable balls, especially Boldin. We shouldn't have needed OT had he took that to the house.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st half is what we need to do. When you have running backs like Gore and Hyde you need to run the ball. That will open up the pass. Its that simple. Also can our receivers please catch the ball.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep has more good than bad, but yes these things you want to point out, prevent him from being 'elite'. We always wish for better play but it could be worse, wasn't THAT long ago where we had the worse QB's in the NFL.

IMO Kaep has improved his 'distance' passing between the 20's, but the rest is the same.

I agree Kap has a lot more good then bad. I think Kap played very well yesterday. Not many negatives yesterday.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1st half is what we need to do. When you have running backs like Gore and Hyde you need to run the ball. That will open up the pass. Its that simple. Also can our receivers please catch the ball.

Hyde deserves more carries, and keep Frank in more for PP. I could see a really big game from Hyde given enough carries, looks like he could bust a long one at some point. And why wear down Gore when Hyde is a great alternate?

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Bill Walsh is turning over in his grave right now.