• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

whats the biggest superbowl robbery of all time

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone ever remember seeing the 'tuck' rule called, before or after the 2001 playoffs? Yeah. Me neither.
I don't think your own personal ignorance of something is a really good point. It was called before, and after, and even in another playoff game.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say yes. Nobody appears to be that close to the sideline.
Trick question. There is no possible way to tell in that picture unless you are wearing homer glasses.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read the whole thread, but the biggest screw job wasn't from a ref, it was from a coach. When you have a running back that could fart and gain 3 yards you run the ball, you don't pass. I don't even need to mention the teams or the year.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical Pats fan, providing misleading evidence lol.
Hey it was the only video I could find. You are more than welcome to look for more evidence. I did try finding a better quality video.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
what say you? got to imagine the ref screwjob of seattle v pitt comes to mind....

That's got to be the biggest one.

Arizona VS the Steelers and 49ers VS the Ravens come to mind, but they don't compare to Seattle's screw job in '05 / '06.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's got to be the biggest one.

Arizona VS the Steelers and 49ers VS the Ravens come to mind, but they don't compare to Seattle's screw job in '05 / '06.
What play are we talking about here?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's not so much a highway robbery but Super Bowl X has an interesting stat that you won't see today.

The Steelers were one of the most penalized teams in the league that year but in Super Bowl X....

0 penalties for 0 yards.

The Cowboys just had 2 penalties for 20 yards.

Says alot about how great then NFL was back in those days when you could have an entire Super Bowl be played with a total of just 2 penalties for 20 yards.

This is why old farts like me miss the old days!
Ahh the good old days with no sloppy play:

Super Bowl V: Baltimore Colts 16 – Dallas Cowboys 13 The final score of this Super Bowl doesn’t tell you how bad this game really was. How bad was this Super Bowl you may ask? Let’s look at the numbers shall we? First the turnovers. The Baltimore Colts had 7 turnovers for the game (4 fumbles lost and 3 interceptions), giving them the third highest amount in Super Bowl history. Dallas had 4 turnovers (1 fumble lost and 3 interceptions). The 11 total turnovers committed by both teams in the game ranks first all-time in Super Bowl history. Now let’s look at penalties. For a team that was supposed to be run by a disciplinary coach in Tom Landry, the Cowboys ended up committing 10 penalties for 133 yards. Those 10 turnovers actually ranks third all-time while the 133 penalized yards ranks first all-time. Now let’s look at gameplay itself. Both teams did not break the 50% completion percentage for the entire game (Cowboys went 12-for-26 for 46.2% while Colts went 11-for-25 for 44.0%).

To add into the realm of ‘points missed,’ the Colts’ kicker Jim O’Brien missed an extra point and field goal prior to his game-winning kick. On the Cowboys’ side, RB Duane Thomas ended up fumbling on the Colts 1-yard line early in the third quarter that would have given the Cowboys a 20-6 advantage and possibly the victory. If that doesn’t show you how poor this game was, this little nugget will. In Super Bowl tradition, the game’s most valuable player (the MVP) is selected from the winning team. In Super Bowl V, the winning team (the Colts) played so poorly that they didn’t even have an MVP. The MVP honors instead went to Cowboys LB Chuck Howley, marking the only time in Super Bowl history that a player from the LOSING team won MVP honors.

:thumb:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh the good old days with no sloppy play:

Super Bowl V: Baltimore Colts 16 – Dallas Cowboys 13 The final score of this Super Bowl doesn’t tell you how bad this game really was. How bad was this Super Bowl you may ask? Let’s look at the numbers shall we? First the turnovers. The Baltimore Colts had 7 turnovers for the game (4 fumbles lost and 3 interceptions), giving them the third highest amount in Super Bowl history. Dallas had 4 turnovers (1 fumble lost and 3 interceptions). The 11 total turnovers committed by both teams in the game ranks first all-time in Super Bowl history. Now let’s look at penalties. For a team that was supposed to be run by a disciplinary coach in Tom Landry, the Cowboys ended up committing 10 penalties for 133 yards. Those 10 turnovers actually ranks third all-time while the 133 penalized yards ranks first all-time. Now let’s look at gameplay itself. Both teams did not break the 50% completion percentage for the entire game (Cowboys went 12-for-26 for 46.2% while Colts went 11-for-25 for 44.0%).

To add into the realm of ‘points missed,’ the Colts’ kicker Jim O’Brien missed an extra point and field goal prior to his game-winning kick. On the Cowboys’ side, RB Duane Thomas ended up fumbling on the Colts 1-yard line early in the third quarter that would have given the Cowboys a 20-6 advantage and possibly the victory. If that doesn’t show you how poor this game was, this little nugget will. In Super Bowl tradition, the game’s most valuable player (the MVP) is selected from the winning team. In Super Bowl V, the winning team (the Colts) played so poorly that they didn’t even have an MVP. The MVP honors instead went to Cowboys LB Chuck Howley, marking the only time in Super Bowl history that a player from the LOSING team won MVP honors.

:thumb:

The Cowboys actually recovered that fumble in the end zone but the referees inexplicably gave the Colts the ball, showing just how badly the game was officiated as well.

And, on a side note, one of the Cowboys players on the sideline who did not play one single snap in the entire game?

Roger Staubach.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's not so much a highway robbery but Super Bowl X has an interesting stat that you won't see today.

The Steelers were one of the most penalized teams in the league that year but in Super Bowl X....

0 penalties for 0 yards.

The Cowboys just had 2 penalties for 20 yards.

Says alot about how great then NFL was back in those days when you could have an entire Super Bowl be played with a total of just 2 penalties for 20 yards.

This is why old farts like me miss the old days!

Dead people also miss the old days, just saying

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally you have to get both feet down!

10e24eded7e65976944d85aaa4108c573.jpg PHP4988DD30B1E0B.jpg
PHP4988DEE49D38E.jpg
n4shug

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jerome Bettis homecoming SB victory party was even more obvious off the field than it was on. Made me hate Pitt forever until very recently. Took a lot of faith I had in the NFL out of me that day.

This too presented by Red Label Production, And not for this video but for the ass whopping they laid on the Pats. Sweetness was the man