• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Will LeBron Do This Summer?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think your smoking crack saying Love's value has diminished to the point where you could not get at least 1 or 2 first rounders for him

Made the last 2 all star teams- can still EASILY be 18 and 9 and shoot threes as good as any big man in the league and pass as good as any big man in the league. Phoenix would absolutely love a veteran like that to space the court for Ayton and Booker and rebound with those guys.

The Heat's scouting department? cmon man. you dont have any picks anyway! lol. that heat scouting department turned down 4 first rounders in order to draft Justice Winslow. They gave Tyler Johnson a MONSTER contract. They gave Dion WAiters a large contract when the year before no one would give him anything.

no way would i take the Heat's situation over the Cavs even if LeBron left.

Terry Rozier was on NBA Jump a couple days ago.

Beadle straight up asked him if the Celtics were disappointed when they found out Love was out for game 7. While he did a good job somewhat sidestepping the question, the response was clear.

The Celtics offensive game plan was to attack K Love.

Right or wrong, there are Celtic players (and perhaps Brad Stevens) who believe that the Cs match up better with Cleveland when Love is playing. That should tell you about Love's trade value.

His current trade value is a lot closer to Melo's from last year than it is to PG13's. He is younger, so he won't have the miserable season that Melo did, but Love is closer to a bad contract than he is to being a highly valuable trade asset.

You are overvaluing him.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If He goes to Houston they will be OVERWHELMING favorites against the Warriors (unless somehow the warriors get stacked even more)

Wrong.

Like usual.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'd go to Houston because of Harden, not because of CP3. Harden would be the no2 guy there, but I don't know if they can play together.

But Houston's success is predicated on CP3's health.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staying in Cleveland would make sense. He has a player option, will still go to the finals and gives Cleveland one last chance to turn it around, but he is not exactly a young player any more - Waiting with one year deals could prove to be risky in the even he gets injured - then he would have a broken body and no guaranteed $$$$$$
it just totally depends on what they can do in the offseason.

Honestly- of course I hope he resigns for 5 years but you know thats not gonna happen.

The books are clear in 2 years.

if the worst happens- honestly- give him what he wants- make him happy- trade him to Houston for Gordon and a 1st.....trade Gordon for another first...trade Love for a first or two....trade Korver for a 2nd or two....TANK big time....add 3 lotto picks and about 3-4 other first rounders...clear the board....and after 2 seasons make another run at it...by that time GSW will be on the way down.

either that or trade for CJ McCollum --- sign a 3 and D wing to the mid level- and extend the Finals streak to 10-12 years here in Cleveland.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beadle straight up asked him if the Celtics were disappointed when they found out Love was out for game 7. While he did a good job somewhat sidestepping the question, the response was clear.

Right or wrong, there are Celtic players (and perhaps Brad Stevens) who believe that the Cs match up better with Cleveland when Love is playing. That should tell you about Love's trade value.

His current trade value is a lot closer to Melo's from last year than it is to PG13's. He is younger, so he won't have the miserable season that Melo did, but Love is closer to a bad contract than he is to being a highly valuable trade asset.

You are overvaluing him.
I hope we do not have to see---- but if we do- I think you will be surprised.

There are so many teams that would be thrilled to get Love. Id say the WORST they would do for him in a trade is a first and a solid young player. The Suns would EASILY give up something like Chriss and a 1st for him. Your Wiz? I mean- Love would actually make them semi-relevant and would help immensely. In todays league a player like Love- who can shoot the 3, rebound, and pass has never had more value.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would actually put Cleveland at the bottom of his list now imo. I can tellby his body language and just the things he says. He doesn’t have much around him, like before in his career I don’t blame him. You can’t beat the W’s with this team but if a team could it would be a team with Lebron. The series should be 2-1 realistically but now since it is pretty much over I see him going to another team. The thing is I have no clue where he goes

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are overvaluing him.

I actually love the way Love has played in the Finals, offensively. At times he looks bad bc defensively he isn’t that good but he definitely puts in the effort he just isnt as athletic as most but in this today’s NBA it is hard to value a player like him. I think he still has a pretty good trade value but to a limited market. I don’t think he is on the Melo level though

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it just totally depends on what they can do in the offseason.

Honestly- of course I hope he resigns for 5 years but you know thats not gonna happen.

The books are clear in 2 years.

if the worst happens- honestly- give him what he wants- make him happy- trade him to Houston for Gordon and a 1st.....trade Gordon for another first...trade Love for a first or two....trade Korver for a 2nd or two....TANK big time....add 3 lotto picks and about 3-4 other first rounders...clear the board....and after 2 seasons make another run at it...by that time GSW will be on the way down.

either that or trade for CJ McCollum --- sign a 3 and D wing to the mid level- and extend the Finals streak to 10-12 years here in Cleveland.

You think if he leaves that he's going to acquire assets for Gilbert?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually love the way Love has played in the Finals, offensively. At times he looks bad bc defensively he isn’t that good but he definitely puts in the effort he just isnt as athletic as most but in this today’s NBA it is hard to value a player like him. I think he still has a pretty good trade value but to a limited market. I don’t think he is on the Melo level though

He's > Melo, but not worth 2 #1's unless they are bottom players in round 1.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think if he leaves that he's going to acquire assets for Gilbert?
if he wants to go to Houston he will have to. If he wants to go to LA or Philly he does not have to.

Just depends totally on what his plans are.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's > Melo, but not worth 2 #1's unless they are bottom players in round 1.
if there is anyway out there who says Love is NOT AT LEAST still a top 40 player they are hitting the bottle a little too hard.

If worst comes to worst they will recoup some very nice assets for him.

I could easily see the Suns offering something like the 16th pick and Chriss.

The only problem is- that before the draft LeBron will not have made his decision. Its the complicating factor in all of this.

not only that--- but if the Cavs are going to rebuild, getting picks THIS year isnt quite the most ideal. Getting them in the future is best.

Honestly if the Suns offered the Cavs that unprotected miami pick for Love id be thrilled if after July 5th or whatever LeBron leaves. The Cavs would have to wait a couple years for it but i am thinking that could be a true jewel.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if there is anyway out there who says Love is NOT AT LEAST still a top 40 player they are hitting the bottle a little too hard.

If worst comes to worst they will recoup some very nice assets for him.

I could easily see the Suns offering something like the 16th pick and Chriss.

The only problem is- that before the draft LeBron will not have made his decision. Its the complicating factor in all of this.

not only that--- but if the Cavs are going to rebuild, getting picks THIS year isnt quite the most ideal. Getting them in the future is best.

Honestly if the Suns offered the Cavs that unprotected miami pick for Love id be thrilled if after July 5th or whatever LeBron leaves. The Cavs would have to wait a couple years for it but i am thinking that could be a true jewel.

I'm not making a list, but even if he's 35-40 :

He's pretty much useless vs Warriors.
He makes max money.
He's at best a top 3rd option on a Championship team.

I'd rather have the benefits, upside of 2 upper level draft picks.

Just my opinion.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I8CpFb1.jpg

giphy.gif

The only thing Stephen A Smith knows for sure, that he is a loud mouth moron.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he wants to go to Houston he will have to. If he wants to go to LA or Philly he does not have to.

Just depends totally on what his plans are.

My guess is screwing Gilbert as much as possible is in his plans if he leaves.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
29718170_164144424194959_1888471015239974912_n.jpg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is screwing Gilbert as much as possible is in his plans if he leaves.
i highly doubt LeBron will go to a lesser choice down his list just to spite Dan Gilbert. He wont hurt himself just to hurt dan. Thats idiotic...sounds like something a bitter Heat fan would say.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured this would be a big time thread- and right now the conversations are across a number of them.

My opinion is that his MOST Likely avenue is staying in Cleveland- but that is under a 50% probability.

Right now this is what my percentages are- and they are of course subject to a million things that could change before now and the beginning of July

1. Cleveland Cavaliers: 35%
2. Los Angeles Lakers: 25%
3. Philadelphia 76'ers: 20%
4. Houston Rockets: 20%

If just pure going for a ring is most important to him- it will be Houston. He will force his way there and they will move mountains to get him. If he says- I want to go there. He will get there.

If he wants to stay in the East- and be on a team that is very talented- but could use his leadership- he will go to Philly.

If he wants to try and shake things up and make a big story out of it- he will go to LA

If he wants to protect his legacy he will stay in Cleveland.

If he stays with Cleveland, and Cleveland can bring in a solid player on the MLE, and a solid player with the trade of the #8 pick- this is a very solid option for him. It depends what they can add. If they can say, add a good 3 and D wing on the mid level thats ring hunting, and a player like McCollum with the pick. I think he stays in Cleveland.

If the Lakers can pull off getting 2 max players- by signing LeBron and George, and then say trading some of their young guys for a third max player- the Lakers become an option. If PG resigns in OKC you can take the Lakers off the table.

If Philly fires Colangelo and hires Griffin I think all of a sudden they get a leg up. LeBron likes and respects Griffin and it would give him a connection to Philly and a little bit of cover as to not look like a mercenary.

If he wants to simply win and win big then going to Houston is the play. I dont think LeBron wants to share the ball that much though- and even if he wins a title there- does it really improve his legacy that much winning with Harden and CP3? If he wants to share the load with other true superstars this is the way to go.
LeBron will play for the LeBron Lebron's of the National Lebron League. Games will be carried on the LeBron Network located at 5610 LeBron Street in LeBronville, the capital city of the great state of Lebron!