• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Will LeBron Do This Summer?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Houston landing Lebron simply because of CP3's injury history. It's one of the reasons he left Miami - Wade was an aging 2-guard that was constantly getting injured.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what the Rockets have to give up. If Lebron's on the Rockets, they're not going to be the same team. Ariza will be gone. And if the Rockets are lucky, they trade for Lebron while only giving up Anderson and some 1st round picks.
I still don’t see that team being favored over the dubs.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How you figure? The Warriors barely made it by them this year.
Meh. People underestimate Iggy. Had he been healthy the entire playoffs, the dubs would’ve been blowing people out left and right. Obviously injuries can derail a post season run, but fully healthy, nowhere Lebron goes will be better than the dubs unless said team adds more talent or the dubs have even more injuries than they did this year.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what the Rockets have to give up. If Lebron's on the Rockets, they're not going to be the same team. Ariza will be gone. And if the Rockets are lucky, they trade for Lebron while only giving up Anderson and some 1st round picks.

Losing Ariza and Gaining Lebron. Is only a gain for the Rockets. They could give up their entire bench for Lebron and D'antono could keep his 6 man rotation and they would still destroy the Warriors in 5.

Lebron/Harden/CP3 arent losing to the Warriors who already peaked last year and are heading on the downhill slide

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lose part you make sense.

The winning part would be that he bridged the gap and took down the Warriors (presumably).

He'd also be the best player on a title team on 3 different teams (Miami and Cleveland the other 2) - that's never been done before.

Him joining the Rockets and them winning with him when they were a game and/or a hamstring pull away from wining anyway will take away from all of them and that is as understated as I can put it.

It's like Durant joining the Warriors. There was a good chance that the Warriors WITHOUT Durant could have won the last 2 NBA titles (giving it to them this year), so really, what did he bring?

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. People underestimate Iggy. Had he been healthy the entire playoffs, the dubs would’ve been blowing people out left and right. Obviously injuries can derail a post season run, but fully healthy, nowhere Lebron goes will be better than the dubs unless said team adds more talent.

Not having Iggy hurt but he's gonna be like 35 years old. Having Iggy can't' stop the Onslaught a Rockets Team with Harden/Lebron/CP3/Cappella would put on them

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron knows he probably only has 2 real seasons (at most) left of good basketball. So he's going to go somewhere where the team has the best chance of winning it all. Thats obviously the Rockets at this point in time. If they lost more than 2 games to the Warriors I would be surprised.

Hes not gonna go to a team of 20 year olds like the Lakers or Sixers etc. Not unless Kawahi Leonard went there too

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not having Iggy hurt but he's gonna be like 35 years old. Having Iggy can't' stop the Onslaught a Rockets Team with Harden/Lebron/CP3/Cappella would put on them
Using almost all your cap space on Lebron, CP3, and Harden is incredibly redundant.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron knows he probably only has 2 real seasons (at most) left of good basketball. So he's going to go somewhere where the team has the best chance of winning it all. Thats obviously the Rockets at this point in time. If they lost more than 2 games to the Warriors I would be surprised.

Hes not gonna go to a team of 20 year olds like the Lakers or Sixers etc. Not unless Kawahi Leonard went there too
He’s got a lot more years of playing at a high level than two.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors have nothing to top them. The big 3 is better than the Warriors big 3

I think they'd be better off somehow replacing Chris Paul with LeBron, though that'd be f'ed up... :lol:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors have nothing to top them. The big 3 is better than the Warriors big 3
Individually, maybe, but you need diversity to be good at basketball. My opinion is that Houston cant beat the dubs fully healthy even with Lebron added. Yours is they can. They’re both shitty opinions until it happens. I seriously doubt it happens.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he wants to protect his legacy he will stay in Cleveland.
About the only way James could hurt his legacy this summer is if he joins Golden State with his tail between his legs like Durant did.

If the Lakers can pull off getting 2 max players- by signing LeBron and George, and then say trading some of their young guys for a third max player- the Lakers become an option. If PG resigns in OKC you can take the Lakers off the table.
I could easily see james and george agreeing to both sign in LA.

If he wants to simply win and win big then going to Houston is the play. I dont think LeBron wants to share the ball that much though- and even if he wins a title there- does it really improve his legacy that much winning with Harden and CP3?
There are reports out there that Lebron wants to play somewhere where he can play off the ball more, not have to be the main ball handler, and Houston and Philly both fit that really well. Philly can easily fit him, but does he want to play with guys that young? Houston will have some cap issues and trade trouble to land him, but they're ready to win now. Interesting choice between those two.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'd be better off somehow replacing Chris Paul with LeBron, though that'd be f'ed up... :lol:
@DorianRo thats a good point. Chris Paul isn’t going to become an iron man over the offseason and he will be 34 next season. How long can he keep it going? He’s not a freak of nature like Lebron.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Him joining the Rockets and them winning with him when they were a game and/or a hamstring pull away from wining anyway will take away from all of them and that is as understated as I can put it.

It's like Durant joining the Warriors. There was a good chance that the Warriors WITHOUT Durant could have won the last 2 NBA titles (giving it to them this year), so really, what did he bring?

Unfortunately, no one really dissects Finals wins/losses. When discussing the Bad Boy Pistons first title, they don't mention that Magic went down with a hamstring pull. When Lebron's legacy is summarized and completely and compared with the other all-time elites, no one's really going to get on him should he have won a title with Houston.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Ariza and Gaining Lebron. Is only a gain for the Rockets. They could give up their entire bench for Lebron and D'antono could keep his 6 man rotation and they would still destroy the Warriors in 5.

Lebron/Harden/CP3 arent losing to the Warriors who already peaked last year and are heading on the downhill slide

Yeah, you're high as fuck right now if you think that team would take out the Warriors in 5.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I8CpFb1.jpg

giphy.gif