• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What to do?

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been on many different boards/forums during my life. Most seem to have a usage life of about 5 years or somewhere in that area. The longer lasting ones seems to have an ability to change with the times and attract new members while doing that. Social Media is changing the landscape even as we talk about it.
The successful ones also seem to create a feeling of 'family'. They make you feel you belong. They are usually not to big but also have a large enough membership to sustain conversational threads.
SportsHoopla has done a pretty good job on all fronts.
This board in really enjoyable. All posters seem to be respectful to each other. Not as common as you may think. Just think about NolanNonsense, B.o.B. and a few of the Disney regulars (Tito?) Not so many fond memories.
I also member a board whose older members were called 'mules'. They weren't the friendliest people in the world. Not to interested in accepting new members. Now a dead board.
Following and participating in game day threads isn't as easy as some of you may think. Living in NE Canada during the summer puts me 4 hours behind a game being played in CA. They look like 11:10pm starts to me. Not easy for an old guy like myself to follow. I always read the game thread the following morning. Makes me feel like I'm following in 'real time'.

I think this forum is great and would hate to see it start to shut down. Not to many Giant fans here in North Eastern Canada .... actually not to many in Canada itself ....

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been on many different boards/forums during my life. Most seem to have a usage life of about 5 years or somewhere in that area. The longer lasting ones seems to have an ability to change with the times and attract new members while doing that. Social Media is changing the landscape even as we talk about it.
The successful ones also seem to create a feeling of 'family'. They make you feel you belong. They are usually not to big but also have a large enough membership to sustain conversational threads.
SportsHoopla has done a pretty good job on all fronts.
This board in really enjoyable. All posters seem to be respectful to each other. Not as common as you may think. Just think about NolanNonsense, B.o.B. and a few of the Disney regulars (Tito?) Not so many fond memories.
I also member a board whose older members were called 'mules'. They weren't the friendliest people in the world. Not to interested in accepting new members. Now a dead board.
Following and participating in game day threads isn't as easy as some of you may think. Living in NE Canada during the summer puts me 4 hours behind a game being played in CA. They look like 11:10pm starts to me. Not easy for an old guy like myself to follow. I always read the game thread the following morning. Makes me feel like I'm following in 'real time'.

I think this forum is great and would hate to see it start to shut down. Not to many Giant fans here in North Eastern Canada .... actually not to many in Canada itself ....
The “Mules” were originally from ESPN. They were the generation before us. They left for Runboard in about ‘07 or so. The crew who came here in ‘10 were the ESPN regs who filled their void (GP, Filo, Colin, Heath, msg, sfgrtb, LHG, Tidro, stokes, etc)