• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What the Lions really are

TwoCents22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the OLine had a few good games in a row before Arizona. They didn't look good at all against Arizona. And Stafford has no pocket awareness to help.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't count OL -- you also said Jacksonville was going to win their division.:whistle:

I'm just messing with you. I apologize if you had said our defense was going to carry us this year. I didn't remember seeing anyone say that.

As far as how the offense fared last year -- every WR missed multiple games. Our #2 is now a practice squad player for Tennessee, last I checked, yet they still finished top 5 in total offense. We added Golden Tate and spent the #10 pick on a TE -- not sure why you felt the offense was going to be the issue.

Detroit's offense stunk last year because of turnovers. That changes from year to year. Moving the ball was never the issue -- it was securing the ball by our backs and stopping our QB from throwing INT's.

Yes, I would like to see that post as well where he said the defense was going to carry us this year. If he did, he deserves mad props. I find it hard to believe though. Doesnt count if you posted it in week five either.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I would like to see that post as well where he said the defense was going to carry us this year. If he did, he deserves mad props. I find it hard to believe though. Doesnt count if you posted it in week five either.

He didn't say they would carry us, he said they were well ahead of the offense.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't say they would carry us, he said they were well ahead of the offense.

When, before the season?

I thought the secondary would suck and the offense would put up 20 plus per game...Im thinking most lions fans thought that before the season began.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First...the refs may make what a fan or fans of a team think is horrible because it didn't go their team's way. Sometimes their "no call" is worse than the call. None the less, blaming the officials is a waste of time and really nothing more than whining. The league reviews every call made by officials and will publicly apologize for a wrong call. The networks all have a former ref sitting by just in case there is a call that appears to be suspicious. Mike Carey is watching all of the CBS games and has immediate slow play replay and explains everything. Fox has Perrira doing the same thing.

I watched the Lions/Cards game and the Lions offense was putrid. The O-Line could push a bunch of Elmo dolls out of the way. Bell had no where he could run. Stafford was under pressure and he is not one of the best at doing good things when confronted by defensive linemen.

Honestly, the Lions need to forget about the loss against the Cardinals........The Lions have been one of the worst NFL road teams this year and they have to go to Foxboro and face the Patriots Sunday. In their last 5 games the Patriots have not allowed a 100 yard rusher. They also have one of the top pass defenses in the NFL. They basically never lose at home. The Lions better bring their best game of the season Sunday or they're toast.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ken, I think just about every lions fan agrees that the awful calls did not cost us the game. Arizona was the better team and would most likely have won anyhow. If you think those spots were ok, then you need glasses bro.

The lions have lost two games on the road and have won 3 so not sure how that qualifies as one of the worst road teams this year, get your facts straight. You are also under the impression they play at the silverdome still. While the pats are the better team imo, that doesnt necessarily make their fans better and your comments are indicative of that hitherto.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When, before the season?

I thought the secondary would suck and the offense would put up 20 plus per game...Im thinking most lions fans thought that before the season began.

Before the draft.