• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL What team is the best fit for Julio Jones?

What team is the best fit for Jones?

• New England

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Tennessee

Votes: 23 46.0%
  • Indianapolis

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Baltimore

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Kansas City

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t believe they got Julio for a2nd and basically a 2023 5th with the pick swaps.

that’s like when the Rams trade a 2nd and 5th for Faulk.
Highway robbery

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t believe they got Julio for a2nd and basically a 2023 5th with the pick swaps.

that’s like when the Rams trade a 2nd and 5th for Faulk.
Highway robbery
Its closer to trading a 2nd for Faulk in 2003.

Julio Jones has been in the league for 10 years. Faulk was in the league for 5 years when the Rams traded for him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps, based on workload, hes due. Big time.
Even basic regression suggests that he should decline a little bit. I'm looking at a 'most touches of all time' list to put his last year into perspective and the only people on that list from the past decade are:

Le'veon Bell in his last elite year
Demarco Murray in his only elite year
Christian McCaffrey in his elite year (hurt the next year)
Adrian Peterson in his MVP level year (production dropped off 40% in the next year)
Zeke in year 3. This is the first one Ive come across where he at least had a comparable season the next year (less touches, more TDs)

Henry has been an A+ player for about 25 games now. I think its normal to think even the best RB is going to come back down to earth soon

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even basic regression suggests that he should decline a little bit. I'm looking at a 'most touches of all time' list to put his last year into perspective and the only people on that list from the past decade are:

Adrian Peterson in his MVP level year (production dropped off 40% in the next year)
Zeke in year 3. This is the first one Ive come across where he at least had a comparable season the next year (less touches, more TDs)

Henry has been an A+ player for about 25 games now. I think its normal to think even the best RB is going to come back down to earth soon
The 300 carry season is well known and rarely talked about.....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Preach!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty happy with this as Titans fan. Falcons wanted a 1st round pick for Jones and we got it down to a 2nd next year and 4th in 2023. For Julio, I'd take that deal all day long. Their biggest problem is still defense which could stop shit last year so we'll see if some of the moves made this offseason help out some (Bud Dupree, Denico Autry, drafted Farley and Molden etc), but for the other side of the ball, its a great deal. It'll help alleviate the losses of Jonnu Smith and Corey Davis. Because before this trade, that passing game was gonna be one dimensional with just AJ Brown out there. Josh Reynolds is a decent piece, but he's not good enough to where coverages have to respect a great deal. You gotta pay attention to Julio.
The biggest problem may still be eating all of Julio's contract while hoping that hamstring lasts?

Oh and a little thing we like to call Ryan Tannehill. Though he did have a nice year last season.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest problem may still be eating all of Julio's contract while hoping that hamstring lasts?

Oh and a little thing we like to call Ryan Tannehill. Though he did have a nice year last season.
And the year before…

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the year before…
Correct, ever since he's arrived in Tenn he's looked a lot better. Does he continue to maintain or improve? Can he take Tenn to a SB? I'm not sold on that.

However, the Julio signing could be a good thing for the Titans? Maybe take the payload off of Henry while at the same time reducing the number of targets for Jones. Both players could possibly get some extra miles on their wheels?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overreaction Monday.

I'm not at all convinced that this trade makes the Titans any better than they were. Even if Julio stays healthy, which is a MASSIVE IF, the offense still goes through Derrick Henry. Also the loss of OC Arthur Smith is being widely dismissed. Enter TE coach Todd Downing, whom last time was an OC went 6-10. At least he'll give some stability for the offense, but he's not going to be the coordinator that Smith was. Don't get me wrong, Julio & AJ Brown make arguably the most frightening receiver tandem in the NFL. And they will still be a contender this year, but I'm not buying the extent of the current hype.

I'll give GM Robinson some credit though, at least he didn't overpay for Julio. Losing a late 2nd Rd pick can be stomached, but it isn't detrimental. Especially since this team seems inept at drafting lately.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give GM Robinson some credit though, at least he didn't overpay for Julio. Losing a late 2nd Rd pick can be stomached, but it isn't detrimental. Especially since this team seems inept at drafting lately.
I do think this trade is a win/win. The Titans did need another threat on offense to keep good teams honest and nobody was trading a 1st for Julio at his age.

I also think we're about a year away from the Jaguars running that division for awhile but that'll just be my overreaction. Titans should strike while the iron is hot.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do think this trade is a win/win. The Titans did need another threat on offense to keep good teams honest and nobody was trading a 1st for Julio at his age.

I also think we're about a year away from the Jaguars running that division for awhile but that'll just be my overreaction. Titans should strike while the iron is hot.
Yep. They had a clear need at WR since the departure of Corey Davis & Jonnu Smith. If Julio stays healthy then he should more than make up for the loss of both of those guys. And that is worth a 2nd Rd pick

Not buyin the Jags quite yet. Think it might take Urban Meyer a couple years before he can get that franchise on its feet, or at least molded into whatever vision he has for this level. Biggest worry there is whether ownership (Khan) will be patient enough for Meyer to do that.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buyin the Jags quite yet. Think it might take Urban Meyer a couple years before he can get that franchise on its feet, or at least molded into whatever vision he has for this level. Biggest worry there is whether ownership (Khan) will be patient enough for Meyer to do that.
I'm kinda expecting Lawrence to drop 300 yds, 3tds, and lets say 1 INT in his first game against the team formally known as the Houston Texans and then every NFL analyst will start hyping him up like he is Joe Montana and Andrew Luck put together. Long term? Hard to say because I agree with you about Meyer and Khan being a little questionable. Jags have been one of the worst franchises in sports for awhile now.