• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What pisses you off the most while playing any video game...

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or when a 350lb D-lineman runs down my badass RB like it's nothing when I'm bout to break off a long run.

haha, yeah that goes back to Tecmo bowl days. You would be running along and then all of a sudden the entire defense would double in speed. of course you just did a zigzag and they would lose all that speed, but much more difficult now to beat out the ultra-defender.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife walking back and forth in front of me while i'm playing my season in MLB The Show"12"..:(

My wife has gotten in the habbit of ducking the tv as she walks by when I'm playing ball on xbox so bad that she does it more often than not when I'm watching a real baseball game too. TRAINED!

Last edited by a moderator:

gradam01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When he randomizer in NCAA really kicks in. I can bet 3 straight top 25 teams and then 3-7 nothing team come in and I can't do anything right. Every run is 2 yards at most, no one can catch, their shitty D gets turnovers on everyone of my drives while my D can't do anything but get out-played. It happens every time I play a dynasty.

Also, the cheap shots in COD. I don't mind if I'm up against someone whose better than me, but dieing from a knife that was thrown from the other side of the map in the opening seconds is bullshit.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Games that are too easy
2. Games that are artificially too hard (Dark Souls comes to mind)

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, stage 3 in Battletoads......never did beat it.

battletoads.png

Nobody ever beat stage 3 in Battletoads. If anyone ever tells you otherwise they are a filthy liar.

Love that game. Took me a while but I finally did get past that part. Unfortunately, the next level was hard as hell and I never got any further. :frown:

Like this guy. Totally lying.

Okay, not really, but in two player mode one of the later levels is literally impossible due to the second player not being able to move. The developers probably figured nobody would ever get that far, so they didn't fix the bug.

1. Games that are too easy
2. Games that are artificially too hard (Dark Souls comes to mind)

I actually think Dark Souls is one of the best tuned video games I've ever seen. It's not easy by any stretch of the imagination, but every time you die, it's your fault. You didn't dodge the attack, you fell off the cliff, you didn't see that trap coming. The controls are spot on, the enemies all have cues for their attacks, and you can beat the game without leveling up or dying once (spoilers: you actually do have to die once to advance in a semi-late-game boss fight). It's a world with it's own rules, and if you don't obey them, you die, but it's always FAIR. It's not enemies throwing out unblockable, undodgeable attacks or having way more hp than is reasonable for when you fight them or stuff like that. It's just a very hard but reasonable game. Play cautiously, look around before rushing in, and for the love of god keep your shield up and you'll do alright. The only issue I have with it is that it doesn't do a good job of explaining what exactly you are supposed to do for a good portion of the game, and I even understand that - it's a thematic choice to force you to explore and discover the world.

That said, those fucking asshole gas frogs can burn in hell.

My personal list of things that piss me off in games:

1. Bad controls. If I hit a button, I expect consistent results. I don't want to have to guess what my character is going to do.
2. Bad cameras, especially in games where platforming is an issue or I don't have a good way to move the camera.
3. Bad pacing. I understand that in any game, there will be high points and spots which might not be as good, but I expect at least a bit of effort to maintain my attention in the plot dumps or loading screens or whatever.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Armor lock and inviz on Halo. Hate that shit!

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
What pisses me off the most?
My fingers don't move as fast as I need them to..lol

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, looks hard as hell.

[YOUTUBE]x_-LpgancdI[/YOUTUBE]

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually think Dark Souls is one of the best tuned video games I've ever seen. It's not easy by any stretch of the imagination, but every time you die, it's your fault. You didn't dodge the attack, you fell off the cliff, you didn't see that trap coming. The controls are spot on, the enemies all have cues for their attacks, and you can beat the game without leveling up or dying once (spoilers: you actually do have to die once to advance in a semi-late-game boss fight). It's a world with it's own rules, and if you don't obey them, you die, but it's always FAIR. It's not enemies throwing out unblockable, undodgeable attacks or having way more hp than is reasonable for when you fight them or stuff like that. It's just a very hard but reasonable game. Play cautiously, look around before rushing in, and for the love of god keep your shield up and you'll do alright. The only issue I have with it is that it doesn't do a good job of explaining what exactly you are supposed to do for a good portion of the game, and I even understand that - it's a thematic choice to force you to explore and discover the world.

That said, those fucking asshole gas frogs can burn in hell.

My personal list of things that piss me off in games:

1. Bad controls. If I hit a button, I expect consistent results. I don't want to have to guess what my character is going to do.
2. Bad cameras, especially in games where platforming is an issue or I don't have a good way to move the camera.
3. Bad pacing. I understand that in any game, there will be high points and spots which might not be as good, but I expect at least a bit of effort to maintain my attention in the plot dumps or loading screens or whatever.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Its a really easy game if you know whats coming and where all the good weapons are and a very difficult game if you don't. Thats not skill. Thats being conditioned. The Frog is one of the worst designed enemes in video game history. I don't feel like I have to go into that. The boss battle with the dogs, the demon and the very limited space was one of the worst boss fights I've ever seen. Blight Town is one of the worst designed 'levels' in video game history. Enemies fall off for no reason, bad camera angles, loads of slowdown and poison. The problem with poison is that its really easy to level in the game early on and really difficult to level in the game later on. If you come into Blight Town with low Resistance, the whole part is ridiculously difficult for no reason other than a 'poor' build that wasn't poor for the hours on in before you got to that point.

There are some good parts to Dark Souls but its buried under everything else.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the game over hallucination in eternal darkness was aggravating the first time it happened to me.But I there are some final fantasy bosses that really piss me off with one hit death shots and last minute healing

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Online play in general pisses me off. I just want to play the game, not listen to a team full of kids who's balls haven't dropped cry because I sniped them from across the map while they were running around in the open. Same for sports game. Congrats, you made a first down. I don't need a 5 minute trash talking session only to have you quit 10 minutes later when I'm up by 3 TDs. I just got tired of it. I don't play online anymore. If I do, its only in private matches with people I know

WestEndVol

Rarest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear, 90% of the time that I hear somebody online, they sound like a little whiny, d-bag, teenager.

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final Fantasy X-2 had a boss that you could only beat if you had two of your characters as upgraded dark knights and one a medic. There were a ton of other classes you could use, and even if you had all three completely upgraded but different classes, it was impossible.

Dispel_ffx-2.jpg

UTVolCountry

(>',')> Laser_Mike_89
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you mute people? I was playing Battlefield last night, and this dude would not STFU for anything. He had to have been just as tired as I was...it sounded like he was talking to his self. I couldn't figure out how to mute him, though.