• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What P5 conference not named 'The PAC' would take Washington

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't think AZ adds more than what WV and TCU brought? They are a growing state and hate to break it to you, have more talent than WV. Also PHX is a bigger TV market than all of WV.

Im saying they better add more to the pie to increase it if they want an invite. But even if it’s close, there is no point taking a chance.

An no shit they have more talent and a bigger tv market. UCF, Memphis and Tulane do too and they are all begging to get in.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im saying they better add more to the pie to increase it if they want an invite. But even if it’s close, there is no point taking a chance.

An no shit they have more talent and a bigger tv market. UCF, Memphis and Tulane do too and they are all begging to get in.
I don't get the pie talk man.. they increase it.. the footprint, the talent and two bluebloods one in football and one in basketball.. What else needs to check your box homie??

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember that one time Oregon lead the conference in attendance? Me neither.

huskystadium9.jpg
remember when Washington led in actual % of capacity? me either.
remember when Oregon won Football Mens and womens basketball conference championships all in the same year? yeah it was this year.
remember when oregon women won the track triple crown with Xcountry indoor and outdoor national championships yeah that just happened a couple years ago too.
Oregon as a whole has more to offer than Washington and their fair weather fans.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember when Oregon won Football Mens and womens basketball conference championships all in the same year? yeah it was this year.
remember when oregon women won the track triple crown with Xcountry indoor and outdoor national championships yeah that just happened a couple years ago too.
Oregon as a whole has more to offer than Washington and their fair weather fans.
on top of which when i asked who the more appealing schools were I didnt have Oregon on top or even top 3.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How difficult is it to fill up a stadium the size of a walk in closet? Fact of the matter is Oregon has never lead the conference in attendance.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the pie talk man.. they increase it.. the footprint, the talent and two bluebloods one in football and one in basketball.. What else needs to check your box homie??

I’m basically against all expansion west because it’s horrible for WVU. Seriously WVU will have to get on their knees hard to the ACC or SEC for the possibility of letting them in.

Ohh and lol at calling Arizona state a blue blood in football. That’s hilarious

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How difficult is it to fill up a stadium the size of a walk in closet? Fact of the matter is Oregon has never lead the conference in attendance.
still has more sell out crowds and over capacity/standing room only than Washington.
Everytime i have been to Husky stadium its never full. including games with Oregon and USC.
not to mention Seattle has 7x the population as Eugene alone not counting surrounding areas.
so congrats on more people showing up and leaving early when they see UW not being as good as they thought.
Ill take an overflowing stadium with less people and conference championship over a statistical "win" that nobody but you actually cares about.
Washington was 8-5 and 4-5 in conference but way to go on all those people

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m basically against all expansion west because it’s horrible for WVU. Seriously WVU will have to get on their knees hard to the ACC or SEC for the possibility of letting them in.

SC would be the blueblood in football.. Ucla would be for basketball.. Arizona is good at bball too

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get what you are saying.. Best deal for WVU would the big 12 just adding those 4 schools only

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SC would be the blueblood in football.. Ucla would be for basketball.. Arizona is good at bball too

I get what you are saying.. Best deal for WVU would the big 12 just adding those 4 schools only

I have no issues with the B12 going to 12. 14 seems like WVU is on an even farther island if it’s with the PAC.

I just can’t see it happening though. There are more sports than just football. Those Olympic sports will get costly crossing 2 time zones.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they were smart.. They would dissolve both conferences and form a 16 team one..
Pac division
SC
LA
Cal
AZ
ASU
Utah
Oregon
UW

Big division
UT
Tech
Co
TCU
ou
osu
Ku
Iowa St

Every team plays at least once every 4 years in cross division games
you see a scenario without Stanford Oregon State and Washington State? or Baylor, KSU and WVU?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issues with the B12 going to 12. 14 seems like WVU is on an even farther island if it’s with the PAC.

I just can’t see it happening though. There are more sports than just football. Those Olympic sports will get costly crossing 2 time zones.
and yet smaller schools in smaller conferences manage to do it

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would offer the B10 West. that division is just awful and could use some real competition.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you see a scenario without Stanford Oregon State and Washington State? or Baylor, KSU and WVU?
Yeah I do.. If they decide to do a complete merger it's going to look similar to this

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a smaller school that goes from the east coast to the west coast for conference games?
For the money WV wouldn't complain. I think the ACC should swallow its pride and invite y'all. Easily boost up its football and basketball competition.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the money WV wouldn't complain. I think the ACC should swallow its pride and invite y'all. Easily boost up its football and basketball competition.

As I stated to AG, if the money is ( I mistakenly said SEC and I meant B10) B1G money or more I’m sure it could work out.

But it gets tougher to see WVU in this conference the more PAC teams added.

WVU will never get entry into the ACC until most of Tobacco Road and Virginia are not in the conference.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Xii sez Hi! I'd love Washington to join the Big Xii with another PNW team. Personally, I am partial to Ore. State, so come on down Huskies and Beavers!

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big Xii sez Hi! I'd love Washington to join he Big Xii with another PNW team. Personally, I am partial to Ore. State, so come on down Huskies and Beavers!

That’d certainly piss Oregon off