• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What P5 conference not named 'The PAC' would take Washington

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody plays less regular season P5 games on average than the SEC.
Not all P5 games are created equal. Auburn has a top 5 toughest schedule year in and year out so I really don't give a shit and have nothing to be ashamed of.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is missing here is the ramifications for non-football sports and because of that Washington makes zero sense for the Big 12.

If the Big 12 is going to expand the max would be 14 teams and I would go with:

UCF - Florida
Cincinnati - Ohio
Memphis - Tennessee
Utah

I just see Washington causing more issues than it’s worth. If USC was coming in the deal it might make sense but the state of California is becoming a nightmare.

My thoughts on G5 teams for the Big12 was (at the time):

UCF and USF - yea I know, same state ect. but It gives the conference a yearly instant in state P5 rival game in a talent rich state. Good for recruiting and exposure/marketing in Tampa and Orlando, two big markets.
IMO the BigEast swung and missed terribly by not getting BOTH of these schools a long long time ago and investing heavily into their development...its dead now because of it. IMO you could argue that the ACC made a similar mistake by grabbing who it did last expansion.

Memphis- gets another footprint in the southeast with the FL schools/ decent market and Memphis could quickly bypass Vandy as the best little brother to UT in state (growing state I might add) and stay there for a long long time. Prob a good fit culturally in the Big12. To me Memphis and Louisville are interchangeable as programs but Memphis has the better state to grow in.

Cincy has some positives but I think they are still just too small.

If North Carolina didn't already have 748 P5 schools in that state already I would like ECU culturally in the Big12 and believe it could grow nicely into a solid P5 program. They have always reminded me of VT minus UVA grooming them along.

Last edited:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not all P5 games are created equal. Auburn has a top 5 toughest schedule year in and year out so I really don't give a shit and have nothing to be ashamed of.
Well ya because three cupcakes at home beat the fvck out of playing a home & away vs a P5 team. There's an obvious reason(s) why the SEC refuses to play their own conference members.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah Saban always talks about wanting to play 9 conference games but i'm sure behind the scenes he likes just playing 8..

**Edit** Then bitches about home crowds leaving at halftime during a 30 pt blowout vs s. alabama tech

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well ya because three cupcakes at home beat the fvck out of playing a home & away vs a P5 team. There's an obvious reason(s) why the SEC refuses to play their own conference members.
When you can claim a top 5 toughest schedule we'll talk. Pussyfooting around in the PAC doesn't excite anyone.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah Saban always talks about wanting to play 9 conference games but i'm sure behind the scenes he likes just playing 8..
I actually believe him on this as it's better for recruiting for him to play in Georgia, SC and Florida more often.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you can claim a top 5 toughest schedule we'll talk. Pussyfooting around in the PAC doesn't excite anyone.

sure man.. we know.. playing S carolina or,gasps, Vandy is really gonna make it that much tougher.. I thought it just means more? Nut up and play one more Conference game

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually believe him on this as it's better for recruiting for him to play in Georgia, SC and Florida more often.
yeah..u would believe him

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why do you think the SEC refuses to play it's own conference members?

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah as a Texas fan, if the Big 12 were to expand SC would by far be #1 on that list. Once they fall in line then both AZ schools would be next

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big 12 would make the most sense. They really need to expand if they're going to survive

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big 12 would make the most sense. They really need to expand if they're going to survive
yep.. but if the Pac stays as is..it's pretty much dead too. Market dictated that it's network really isn't valuable and they are isolated in the PST

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything is possible. 15 years ago I doubt anyone thought WVU would be playing in the Big 12.

Unless payouts are higher than SEC teams currently get (doubtful) Lyons ain’t going to like to see the bill for travel and lodging to Seattle from the rowing team or volleyball team for a conference game. Unfortunately this is about more than football.

Wild Turkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure man.. we know.. playing S carolina or,gasps, Vandy is really gonna make it that much tougher.. I thought it just means more? Nut up and play one more Conference game
STFU and actually read the thread.

I'm all in and Auburn has voted yes every time the topic has come up. Take your beef elsewhere.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe UW used the Shanghai rankings which goes by academics where as US News uses campus location, stores and eateries within distance of campus, tuition, public transportation, student housing, etc ..
Fair thought, buy I highly doubt that UCLA, Berkeley, Georgia Tech, etc were ranked higher than UDUB because they have better eateries..:noidea:

Either way, I'd see B12 going to Cali before Wa.
JMTC

I could see Shanghai picking UDUB because they provide a Marxist scholarship and have an annual Marxist convention. That makes sense for the Commies!

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have beef.. don't get so sensitive when you hype up your schedule then get called out for playing 8 conference and 4 OOC games, which 3 are nobodys..