• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What now? More players off the table.

johnfree63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not entirely. He has a 1st round bounty around his neck which teams are unlikely to give up for the pleasure of having a DH-only player.
That's not going to change next year though. The M's would be stupid to say they wouldn't give him a qualifying offer.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morales already turned down the qualifying offer, which is good news for the M's. Either they re-sign him or get a comp pick. Here is the story.

I know that he has turned the Mariners qualifying offer down. My point is that he may eventually accept it if he realizes he has nowhere else to go.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that he is limited to DH completely rules out the NL IMO, he is so bad defensively and with possible injury concerns he would be limited to AL teams.

The AL teams with protected 1st round picks are the Astros, White Sox, Twins, Mariners and Blue Jays. If one of those teams showed interest I think it could happen but I'm not sure any other team would give up a 1st round pick for a DH who can't run. Especially an NL team.

His options are rather limited.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not going to change next year though. The M's would be stupid to say they wouldn't give him a qualifying offer.

No they wouldn't. It happens in football a lot with the franchise tag. M's get one more year of his services for under market price, and he would get true unrestricted free agency allowing him to be more likely signed by any team.