• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking Aead to the Hot Stove Season

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will be delighted to know that there aren't any free agents that look like solid signings for the Mariners. Seriously. 2016-17 MLB Free Agents

As position players go, 3rd base, second base and DH are the only positions that should be locked for nest year. And I'll give a somewhat hesitant nod to Ketel Marte also.

First base.
Edwin Encarnacion. Mariners could possibly be in on the bidding for him but I doubt if they sign him. He seems destined for Boston or a re-sign with Toronto.
Mike Napoli. 35 years old. Having a solid season but can't imagine he has alot left in the tank.
Dan Vogelbach. I'm not as high on him as some of you. I think he's going to be a Logan Morrison clone.

LF, CF, and RF.
Smith and Martin are probably coming back so forget about any upgrade in CF or RF.
Dexter Fowler. Putting him in LF would essentially give us two CFers. But, I don't think the Cubs are going to let him get away.
Tyler O'Neill. Doubt if he will be ready next year, but who knows. Diaz skipped AAA so anything is possible.

Catching.
Zunino. He's looked good when he was given the starting job back but he's hit the wall the last couple of weeks. Hard to say if he will snap out it or slip back to the intimidated hitter he was last year.
Matt Wieters. He's going to get a ridiculously inflated contract.

Starting pitching.
Felix and Kuma. They will return for whatever that is worth.
Walker and Paxton. Time to move on from these two. A change of scenery would be good for both the franchise and the players.
Andrew Cashner, Jeremy Hellickson, Colby Lewis, Edison Volquez. I'm not high on any of these guys but a combination of a couple of them could fill out the 4th and 5th spots in the rotation on short term affordable contracts.
#3 starter. This is where they need a major upgrade.

Relief core.
Edwin Diaz. - If he still has a healthy rotator cuff and not in need of a Tommy John surgery by next March, then he is the guy. The hell with the rest of them. Replace them all.