• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What kind of season would Mahomes have to have to retire after it and still make the Hall of Fame?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if he gets in a car or plane crash or some boating accident? What if he is a riding a horse and he doesn't notice a tree branch? What if he is sight seeing in Vietnam and he stands on a 50 year old landmine? What if he is walking in a street and an earthquake causes a fixture on a building to fall on top of him? What if a rare genetic disorder that he had no idea he even had kicks in aggressively? What if he is blindsided by a drunk driver? What if he drowns while on vacation trying to save someone else's kid stuck in a tide in the Mediterranean Sea? What if he has actually been killing people this whole time dating back to college and he again kills his girlfriend's sister's boyfriend but does so a few blocks away from his house where cell phone tower pinging has him and then fails to destroy all of the security footage of him coming home and reacting to it?

A lot of shit can happen. This thread just dances with the what if scenario of it all even though it is all very unlikely but the debate of it interesting due to the level of greatness that he has started his career with.
O'Tay...what if he robs a bank, has a drug overdose, or convicted of a sexual crime.
I guess everything is in play in your mixed up goofy world.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thread isn't about if he got hurt today. It's about if he got hurt after this upcoming season.

As for your question depends on the length of the career. If he plays to 40 as a middling QB he will still compile the stats to go with the early success so yes.
OK, Then if he plays as a middling QB this season, is he a HOFer.
On the other part if he's a middling QB he most likely doesn't play out his current contract much less playing til he's 40.

Do you think before you post?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GREAT POINT...this is why I posted what a stupid ass thread on page 1

You're correct, it's a dumb thread cause there is a 0.0% chance of Maholms retiring after the season. He's already the face of the NFL so why quit now.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would need to put up some insane numbers:
6000, 50, 1, 1, 37

He would need 6000 yards.
50 TD's
1 MVP
1 Super Bowl MVP
37 blowjobs to HOF voters.

He puts up those numbers and he can retire after this season and make the HOF.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, Then if he plays as a middling QB this season, is he a HOFer.
On the other part if he's a middling QB he most likely doesn't play out his current contract much less playing til he's 40.

Do you think before you post?

So if he doesn't play out his current contract you don't think another team would sign him? Do you even follow the NFL?

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if he doesn't play out his current contract you don't think another team would sign him? Do you even follow the NFL?
If he's a middling QB teams probably look for cheaper options. Andy Dalton, signed as a back up, Cam Newton signed for a chance to start on New England. Both on one year contracts. Yes I follow the NFL, and I understand how teams manage rosters.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
O'Tay...what if he robs a bank, has a drug overdose, or convicted of a sexual crime.
I guess everything is in play in your mixed up goofy world.

An even more realistic one...what if he joins a BLM protest and his shot or killed. I mean shit can happen. OR what if he gets sexually assaulted by a strong older man after he buys the Neverland ranch.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's a middling QB teams probably look for cheaper options. Andy Dalton, signed as a back up, Cam Newton signed for a chance to start on New England. Both on one year contracts. Yes I follow the NFL, and I understand how teams manage rosters.

Andy Dalton is also Andy Dalton who never was much at all at any point of his career and has never won a Super Bowl.

As long as Mahomes could stay a "middling QB" then teams would always be willing to take a chance in him given the insane potential and success shown early in his career.

Cam Newton has deslth with serious injuries for several years now and has a play style that is fully intertwined with physically running the ball which doesn't age well for a QB that is breaking down physically.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An even more realistic one...what if he joins a BLM protest and his shot or killed. I mean shit can happen. OR what if he gets sexually assaulted by a strong older man after he buys the Neverland ranch.

You guys are reaching for straws, but seriously a chimp like Bubbles is very strong and have been heard to pull people's limbs out

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Dalton is also Andy Dalton who never was much at all at any point of his career and has never won a Super Bowl.

As long as Mahomes could stay a "middling QB" then teams would always be willing to take a chance in him given the insane potential and success shown early in his career.

Cam Newton has deslth with serious injuries for several years now and has a play style that is fully intertwined with physically running the ball which doesn't age well for a QB that is breaking down physically.
If Mahomes turns out to be a middling QB he is an Andy Dalton. It means he's no where near what we've seen so far.

You can't really be this dense.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Mahomes turns out to be a middling QB he is an Andy Dalton. It means he's no where near what we've seen so far.

You can't really be this dense.

You're are huge idiot, no offense. Mahomes can never be what Andy Dalton is because he has already accomplished far more than Andy Dalton ever did.

If Mahomes play for whatever reasons barring injury over time goes down to start having seasons like a Dalton typical average of 25 TD and 18 interceptions then Mahomes will continue to get chances around the league because the reality of the peak potential he showed early in his career will remain.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're are huge idiot, no offense. Mahomes can never be what Andy Dalton is because he has already accomplished far more than Andy Dalton ever did.

If Mahomes play for whatever reasons barring injury over time goes down to start having seasons like a Dalton typical average of 25 TD and 18 interceptions then Mahomes will continue to get chances around the league because the reality of the peak potential he showed early in his career will remain.

OK, you can be that fucking dense. Yes offense intended.

Again IF, you know that same word you used about Mahomes only playing ONE more year, IF Mahomes turns into a middling QB he's not putting up great numbers therefore will not see the 5th year of this contract, and he will be looking at a prove it deal from there, with no guarantee he proves it.

What most are trying to get through that PEE you have between your ears, is Mahomes needs more than just one more great year to ensure he's a HOF'r.
IMO if he's injured after the 2020 season, he's on the outside looking in, if he can play at his current level for 4 more years even without another SB win he's in.
The kid has been amazing, but he doesn't have the longevity.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, you can be that fucking dense. Yes offense intended.

Again IF, you know that same word you used about Mahomes only playing ONE more year, IF Mahomes turns into a middling QB he's not putting up great numbers therefore will not see the 5th year of this contract, and he will be looking at a prove it deal from there, with no guarantee he proves it.

What most are trying to get through that PEE you have between your ears, is Mahomes needs more than just one more great year to ensure he's a HOF'r.
IMO if he's injured after the 2020 season, he's on the outside looking in, if he can play at his current level for 4 more years even without another SB win he's in.
The kid has been amazing, but he doesn't have the longevity.

You're about 3 huffs of paint away from being a full blown mental retard. No offense intended.

What Mahomes has done in his first two years he will for a long time have teams willing to give him a chance even if over the next few years he just performs at a level of around 25 TDs a year and 18 interceptions because of the reality of what he has already shown he can do at this level it will have teams willing to give him a chance to try to reclaim that.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're about 3 huffs of paint away from being a full blown mental retard. No offense intended.

What Mahomes has done in his first two years he will for a long time have teams willing to give him a chance even if over the next few years he just performs at a level of around 25 TDs a year and 18 interceptions because of the reality of what he has already shown he can do at this level it will have teams willing to give him a chance to try to reclaim that.
tenor.gif

How do you talk huge hypotheticals, & have a debate on said hypotheticals, then talk shit because a hypothetical someone else says will never happen? (calling them retarded)

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you have a bigger hard on for Mahomes than Chiefs fans.

clearly you've never seen my Facebook page...

don't get me wrong, i love the kid, too. ESPECIALLY with the Chiefs' luck historically at QB, but the dick riders for certain are out if force...

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

How do you talk huge hypotheticals, & have a debate on said hypotheticals, then talk shit because a hypothetical someone else says will never happen? (calling them retarded)

Because the logic of their argument is retarded. Acting as of Mahomes would be seen in the same light of Andy Dalton when that will never be given the success Mahomes has already attained. As long as Mahomes is physically capable there will always be teams willing to take a chance on him even if he starts producing at the level of a 15-20 starting QB in the NFL.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
19th. 1992
10th 1993
25th 1994
17th 1995

Thats where denvers defense ranked (pts) over the span i mentioned.
What period mentioned? All i said was Denvers D was great when they won their rings( 6th and 9th ), they had a HoF QB and other HoFers on the roster. Saying Davis carried them is hyperbole. He was very good but Mahomes Chiefs have maybe 1 other HoFer and their D has been pretty bad

Its not a stretch to say Mahomes carried KC as much or more than Davis did Den