• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What kind of season would Mahomes have to have to retire after it and still make the Hall of Fame?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If for whatever reason either by choice or circumstance that Mahomes retired after next season do you think it is possible for him to make the Hall of Fame? Has he done enough already and if not what would he have to do next year for his short legacy to be so mythical that he still makes it in despite only 3 playing years?

It would even less of a window than Terrell Davis but similiar situation.

I think if Mahomes wins MVP next season as well as the Super Bowl & Super Bowl MVP again then he could retire and be in the Hall of Fame within the decade. I think it might even be possible if he either just won the Super Bowl but not regular season MVP or he just won MVP but not the Super Bowl.

I almost think he could retire tomorrow and he would still eventually get in.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the same guy that pretty much guaranteed the Chiefs will win 3 in a row.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be one of the dumbest questions I've seen posted here
Even for an eagles fan!

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be one of the dumbest questions I've seen posted here
Even for an eagles fan!

Because he is already in the Hall of Fame in your mind or you don't think he could get into the hall in this scenario no matter what he does next year?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are only 2 QBs in NFL history to win a SB and an MVP and not be in the HoF.

There are no QBs with multiple rings and an MVP or one ring and multiple MVPs who arent in ( or locks to be in )

Its actually an interesting question as we have debates here quite ofyen about QBs with top 5-10 all time stats who people say shouldnt get in because "they were never viewed as being top 2-3 at their position ". Mahomes ( with another great year ) will be the undisputed best QB in the NFL over the last 3 years.

My guess is hed be in with another MVP, SB or both but only if injury ended his career ( see Alex Smith ) but not if he just chose to walk away. If he were to quit i think hed need 5-6 uears of really elite play and then he could Kurt Warner his way in

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are only 2 QBs in NFL history to win a SB and an MVP and not be in the HoF.

There are no QBs with multiple rings and an MVP or one ring and multiple MVPs who arent in ( or locks to be in )

Its actually an interesting question as we have debates here quite ofyen about QBs with top 5-10 all time stats who people say shouldnt get in because "they were never viewed as being top 2-3 at their position ". Mahomes ( with another great year ) will be the undisputed best QB in the NFL over the last 3 years.

My guess is hed be in with another MVP, SB or both but only if injury ended his career ( see Alex Smith ) but not if he just chose to walk away. If he were to quit i think hed need 5-6 uears of really elite play and then he could Kurt Warner his way in
this all fine and well but athletes with a start like Mahomes want to play for a long ass time. The desire to be the GOAT trumps any ridicules' thought of walking away early. It's a stupid ass thread but not surprising you would find it an interesting question. You guys never competed for anything other than maybe bar games

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this all fine and well but athletes with a start like Mahomes want to play for a long ass time. The desire to be the GOAT trumps any ridicules' thought of walking away early. It's a stupid ass thread but not surprising you would find it an interesting question. You guys never competed for anything other than maybe bar games

There are potential dark implications of this question that best not be plainly stated that you could be missing if you think it's he simply decides to retire early for the hell of it.

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is are potential dark implications of this question that best not be plainly stated that you could be missing if you think it's he simply decides to retire early for the hell of it.
sure....everything about you with regards to football is fucked up

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, you have a bigger hard on for Mahomes than Chiefs fans.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he put up madden numbers on the rookie setting could he get in the hall after this season.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I counter your stats with one of my own.
No player has ever made the HOF on just 2 seasons worth of work!

This really isnt debatable!

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I won't edit that one either.