• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is our O-Line going to be day 1

C

cubzzzfanincali

I doubt Long starts week 1. Maybe midseason he breaks in. But not week 1.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thread read...As a west coaster and NFC Norte homer, I see it this way, if the Bears could have a decent run game, not a great 1 mind you...thus taking some pressure of the pass game and give Cutler time in the pocket with mid to short 3rd downs...He will tear opposing pass D's apart and score some points. Always loved the Bears and their running game...lent to their pass attack and J Cutler is a capable QB passer.

You boyz are right there...BEHIND me Vikes!
Compliments are always appeciated. Thanks , But noticed your v cash has dwindled. New here and plan to visit the bookie site often come football season. Is he tougher than Vegas?

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Long starts week 1. Maybe midseason he breaks in. But not week 1.
Cali : Your avitar almost makes it impossible to think while posting, love it .
But I think Long will be a day 1 starter. Though he has missed most of the mini camps. He has been working with Tony Wise on fundamental football skills. Just don't see anyone better @ RG right now.

Rocinante

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess would be: LT - Bushrod, LG - Long, C - Garza, RG - Slauson, RT - Webb

With Brown, Mills and Scott or Britten as the backups depending on whether they value having a backup G or a backup T more.

I don't like Garza and I'd like to believe that E. Williams could overtake him on the depth chart, but if it hasn't happened yet, I have little faith that it ever will. I also think Slauson playing C for an extended time is wishful thinking. He's a guard. Just because he played C for a couple of games for the Jets doesn't mean he'll be effective playing the C position permanently, IMO. God I can't wait for pre-season to start!

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess would be: LT - Bushrod, LG - Long, C - Garza, RG - Slauson, RT - Webb

With Brown, Mills and Scott or Britten as the backups depending on whether they value having a backup G or a backup T more.

I don't like Garza and I'd like to believe that E. Williams could overtake him on the depth chart, but if it hasn't happened yet, I have little faith that it ever will. I also think Slauson playing C for an extended time is wishful thinking. He's a guard. Just because he played C for a couple of games for the Jets doesn't mean he'll be effective playing the C position permanently, IMO. God I can't wait for pre-season to start!
Just looking for a way to get Garza out of there. Wouldn't mind him as the Back up C,G. But Williams is younger.
Camp is a week away. Can't wait.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garza is not a good Center and hate to say it but he will Start and play throughout the whole season as long as he stays healthy. He is the most experienced lineman of the group and the leader right now and no one has the ability to fill that role on the line. Kromers scheme should really improve Garzas performance and take some stress of those horrible knees. With that being said I think the line will look like LT- Bushrod, LG- Slauson, C-Garza, RG- Long and RT- Webb. Reason I have Long at RG is because Webb needs more help than Bushrod does and his toughness and power will really clear things up for Webb.

But to tell you the truth I think any of the lineman we have Williams, Brown, Mills, etc could come in and play a huge roll if needed. We now have two offensive coaches who know how to work with the talent they have, not just throw them in there and say do your job. Kromer alone will improve the line play a significant amount.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garza is not a good Center and hate to say it but he will Start and play throughout the whole season as long as he stays healthy. He is the most experienced lineman of the group and the leader right now and no one has the ability to fill that role on the line. Kromers scheme should really improve Garzas performance and take some stress of those horrible knees. With that being said I think the line will look like LT- Bushrod, LG- Slauson, C-Garza, RG- Long and RT- Webb. Reason I have Long at RG is because Webb needs more help than Bushrod does and his toughness and power will really clear things up for Webb.

But to tell you the truth I think any of the lineman we have Williams, Brown, Mills, etc could come in and play a huge roll if needed. We now have two offensive coaches who know how to work with the talent they have, not just throw them in there and say do your job. Kromer alone will improve the line play a significant amount.
I know of Kromer's back ground. But the thing that scares me , is he signed a washed up Kruetz. But he did end that experiment abruptly. And found a better replacement. Just hope the same happens w/ Garza.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not mind Garza back at guard, just done with him at center.

You watch the great ones, like Olin and just about every other great center out there, he is usually right behind the running back to pick him up after the run. You always saw olin doing that. make your block, open the hole and chase.

Anyway, alot depends on the scheme. The last offense was cumbersome with player adjustments made at the line for blitzes and switches. If this ends up more of a zone scheme, I can see Long starting game 1 and Williams beating out garza. I dont know if it will matter much, if Cutler goes down we got nobody.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Cutler goes down we got nobody.[/QUOTE]

That's the same for every team league wide. If AR went down GB would get the first pick next year. If Brady went down? If Manning went down? OK fine MN would be ok but most teams would be screwed.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Cutler goes down we got nobody.

That's the same for every team league wide. If AR went down GB would get the first pick next year. If Brady went down? If Manning went down? OK fine MN would be ok but most teams would be screwed.[/QUOTE]

I trust Trestman and Kromer with the backup qbs so much more than I ever did with the other OC's or Lovie. Those two are smart enough to turn any QB into a productive player with a little bit of work.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the same for every team league wide. If AR went down GB would get the first pick next year. If Brady went down? If Manning went down? OK fine MN would be ok but most teams would be screwed.

I trust Trestman and Kromer with the backup qbs so much more than I ever did with the other OC's or Lovie. Those two are smart enough to turn any QB into a productive player with a little bit of work.[/QUOTE]
A better o-line would also help the BU QB . I liked what I saw of Mcnown. And T-man said he likes what he saw from Blanchard. I wouldn't doubt Matt gets bumped to # 2. After Preseason.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not mind Garza back at guard, just done with him at center.

You watch the great ones, like Olin and just about every other great center out there, he is usually right behind the running back to pick him up after the run. You always saw olin doing that. make your block, open the hole and chase.

Anyway, alot depends on the scheme. The last offense was cumbersome with player adjustments made at the line for blitzes and switches. If this ends up more of a zone scheme, I can see Long starting game 1 and Williams beating out garza. I dont know if it will matter much, if Cutler goes down we got nobody.
Garza's knees are going faster than BU's. Don't really care about him picking our RB up. Just want him to get where he's supposed to be, and block the guy in front of him. He's been lacking there. Just seems his leadership is keeping him a Bear for a while longer.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Cutler goes down we got nobody.

That's the same for every team league wide. If AR went down GB would get the first pick next year. If Brady went down? If Manning went down? OK fine MN would be ok but most teams would be screwed.[/QUOTE]
Noon: I thought your female avitar was excellent. I have 1 that might surpass that. But they wouldn't let me use it ( Though she was fully clothed). What's w/ the baby shit? LOL.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first day of padded workouts saw Slauson the #1 LG. But he also took reps @ center ( according to comcast's Moon Mullin). So there is hope that Garza will be replaced.
The Gs would probably be Long & Brown.
Interesting they put Scott @ LT after the Bushrod injury.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noon: I thought your female avitar was excellent. I have 1 that might surpass that. But they wouldn't let me use it ( Though she was fully clothed). What's w/ the baby shit? LOL.[/QUOTE]

I loved my AV too, but they told me I had to change it. Or people at work posting would get blocked from posting. Kinda silly because I see many racy AV's here, much more then mine was. :lame:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first day of padded workouts saw Slauson the #1 LG. But he also took reps @ center ( according to comcast's Moon Mullin). So there is hope that Garza will be replaced.
The Gs would probably be Long & Brown.
Interesting they put Scott @ LT after the Bushrod injury.

Brown at LG Slauson at C Long at RG :clap::drool::drool::drool::suds::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they need to find a backup center in case Garza goes down but dont look for any of this to be changed before the season.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they need to find a backup center in case Garza goes down but dont look for any of this to be changed before the season.
Don't spoil my hopes. :lol:. I'm not a Garza fan.
Looks like E. Wliiams is on his way out. If they're looking for a BU Center.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noon: I thought your female avitar was excellent. I have 1 that might surpass that. But they wouldn't let me use it ( Though she was fully clothed). What's w/ the baby shit? LOL.

I loved my AV too, but they told me I had to change it. Or people at work posting would get blocked from posting. Kinda silly because I see many racy AV's here, much more then mine was. :lame:[/QUOTE]
Too bad, I'll miss it.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't spoil my hopes. :lol:. I'm not a Garza fan.
Looks like E. Wliiams is on his way out. If they're looking for a BU Center.

I hate Garza too but I would hope to trust him more in Kromers scheme more than I would in Tice's. Not to defend him too much but he had different guys alongside him almost every week and never was able to gel with any of them. With him it all depends on how long his knees will last.