• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is our O-Line going to be day 1

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Bushrod @ LT , I would really like to see Webb @ LG , Slauson @ center (he's played there before), Long @ RG , Scott @ RT. But I doubt that takes place. The only reasoning for Webb , is that C Williams made that transition successfully. Why can't Webb.
I'm not a Garza fan. That's why I put Slauson there.
And Scott has produced @ RT , Why move him.
Your thoughts.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont dislike your line up, but day one? I think Garza might be the center. As far as LG, i think that could be either. I need to do a little homework and get back to you, like toward the end of August.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont dislike your line up, but day one? I think Garza might be the center. As far as LG, i think that could be either. I need to do a little homework and get back to you, like toward the end of August.
I also think Garza will be there. But just looking for way for him not to be.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garza won't make it out of camp. In fact I'm surprised he is even going to camp. If he is the day one starter I will lose a little faith in our new coach. As far as the day one line up? I just think it will be different then we expect, so I wont offer a guess.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up noony and 63?

Yeah, I like the line-up you suggest but with Garza at center.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think the 5 will be from L- R, Bushrod ,Slauson, Garza, Long or Brown, Webb .
Depends how quickly Long adjusts to the NFL.
Moving Webb to guard would do 2 things. 1 afford the option of moving Slauson to center or RG.and it would add some beef to the interior.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get how we gave up on a first rounder (carimi) yet keep Garza. I don't get that at all.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get how we gave up on a first rounder (carimi) yet keep Garza. I don't get that at all.
:noidea:Atleast we got a draft pick for him. I really didn't think he'd make the cut, after hearing Kromer say likes to carry only 8 linemen. Wants his 8 to know multiple positions. Garza giving him an option to play @ G or C.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea:Atleast we got a draft pick for him. I really didn't think he'd make the cut, after hearing Kromer say likes to carry only 8 linemen. Wants his 8 to know multiple positions. Garza giving him an option to play @ G or C.

We could have gave him camp, then still get a 6th pic if he cant win a job, at a minimum we cut him and someone picks him up and his money. It seems there was no real reason to not give him camp. I,m not saying he would have made the team but I can't see not giving him a shot. We invested a no.1 pick recently for him.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could have gave him camp, then still get a 6th pic if he cant win a job, at a minimum we cut him and someone picks him up and his money. It seems there was no real reason to not give him camp. I'm not saying he would have made the team but I can't see not giving him a shot. We invested a no.1 pick recently for him.
I actually liked our other JA 1rst rd pick C Williams better than Gabe (both are gone). Chris atleast showed he could play guard in the NFL. Gabe showed me nothing more than we have to move help to his side, whether it be @ RG or RT. If his leg was giving him problems, he should have sat out, took injury pay, & not embarrass himself like he did.
His rehabbing in AR. instead of attending OTAs convinced me he wasn't in the Bears plans ( & I think he new that), hence his way of saying FU to the Bears. Why bring that attitude to camp?

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they know something about his injury that we dont. Carimi might not fit the skill set theyre looking for. Who really fucking knows until we see them on the field?

jooo83

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well Carimi didn't look like he belonged in the NFL last year. Was arguably the worst RT in the game. Played better at G. It also sounds like he upset the front office by not working out with the team. I think the benefit of Garza is that they might not have a better option at center right now. Which says a lot.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Carimi didn't look like he belonged in the NFL last year. Was arguably the worst RT in the game. Played better at G. It also sounds like he upset the front office by not working out with the team. I think the benefit of Garza is that they might not have a better option at center right now. Which says a lot.
Slauson has played Center previously ( from what I read ), P J Lonergram & E Williams are aslo options. Just depends on Kromer. Seems he wants 8 guys who can play multiple positions. Garza & Williams fit the bill right now. Can't wait for the pads to come on.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up noony and 63?

Yeah, I like the line-up you suggest but with Garza at center.
What's with the Garza love? I always thought he was the weakest link in the chain. Enlighten me.
I know he's capable of playing multiple positions. Just not very well.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they know something about his injury that we dont. Carimi might not fit the skill set theyre looking for. Who really fucking knows until we see them on the field?
The Gabe I saw didn't fit any sytem in the NFL. Who knows what his future holds.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He problems there also.

trier33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just throwing it out there, Id like to see the undrafted center out of LSU Longeran get a fair look. Hes been starting for three years in the SEC, granted its college football, I bet he could beat out garza.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just throwing it out there, Id like to see the undrafted center out of LSU Longeran get a fair look. Hes been starting for three years in the SEC, granted its college football, I bet he could beat out garza.
I think it's a long shot J P starts. Simply because Kromer said he wants his linemen to know multiple positions, because he's only going to dress 8 game day. Being a rook and only playing C in college doesn't boost his chances.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thread read...As a west coaster and NFC Norte homer, I see it this way, if the Bears could have a decent run game, not a great 1 mind you...thus taking some pressure of the pass game and give Cutler time in the pocket with mid to short 3rd downs...He will tear opposing pass D's apart and score some points. Always loved the Bears and their running game...lent to their pass attack and J Cutler is a capable QB passer.

You boyz are right there...BEHIND me Vikes!