• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could you imagine that line??

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This line would be a soggy dream come true if it happened this early in FA. I would take our lumps on prospects in the draft for all other positions and college free agents, or even low cost veteran free agents if we signed this line:

LT Jonah Williams
LG Ted Karras
C JC Tretter
RG Alex Cappa
RT La'el Collins

No matter who had to play anywhere else, I would be willing to take our chances everywhere else on the team to have that offensive line. I would even take a starting Drew Sample or rookie TE. I would take a rookie CB playing opposite Awuzie. I would risk losing Bates and Boyd next year. Basically, I think with the players locked in right now at the starting lineups, I would take that with rookies and low level free agents to fill to have that oline.

Then go best available in the draft, and I can almost guarantee that CB would be first on our list in the draft. Either CB/DT/DE/TE

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lap told about nation that the bengals looked into it, but it didn’t get much traction. Collins injuries and suspension are a bit of a risk

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson Carmen will be a starter. You can quote me later. He wasn’t there yet, but he will be.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bengals are waiting for some names to appear on the available list before locking in..... There are guys that are becoming cap casualties for teams looking to upgrade other spots. I still think they add a RT tackle in free agency. Could be Collins or it could be a guy like Daryl Williams or a Morgan Moses type player. Frankly, they still have quite a bit of cash to spend so they could go even for two more players. We'll see. I get the sense that they'll leave one position open to be filled by Carman or another one of the young players that steps up.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bengals are waiting for some names to appear on the available list before locking in..... There are guys that are becoming cap casualties for teams looking to upgrade other spots. I still think they add a RT tackle in free agency. Could be Collins or it could be a guy like Daryl Williams or a Morgan Moses type player. Frankly, they still have quite a bit of cash to spend so they could go even for two more players. We'll see. I get the sense that they'll leave one position open to be filled by Carman or another one of the young players that steps up.
Agreed.

At this point - they are likely looking at a RT and that will be about it for the OL.

Defensively, I think they will look to find a DT, DB in the draft - and if they can lock up a RT in F/A, then that allows them to move on to those targets in the draft.

I also think they look to add a TE in the draft as well.

I don't see a 1st round DB at 31, so a trade back could be on the table. Picking up an extra 3rd to move down would likely allow them to nab DB/DT/TE all in the first 3 rounds.