• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is Harbaugh worth?

What is Harbaugh worth?

• Total voters

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I really hope Fangio and the rest of the defensive staff stays. The 49ers strong D has remained fairly consistent over the years. harbaugh is not a defensive coach so that wasn't him. No reason the D can't remain strong if it can get healthy again next year. The question is how the offensive coaching staff turns out.

no argument on Fangio, but can't help think he'll go with Harbaugh? Harbaugh seems to let him run the D without interference, so why take a chance the new HC won't?

Can't help think Fangio's personality can handle Harbaugh's, and why he's with him so long. Again, why take a chance with another HC, especially at this point in my career, at my age?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no argument on Fangio, but can't help think he'll go with Harbaugh? Harbaugh seems to let him run the D without interference, so why take a chance the new HC won't?

Can't help think Fangio's personality can handle Harbaugh's, and why he's with him so long. Again, why take a chance with another HC, especially at this point in my career, at my age?

I agree with this statement unless Harbaugh goes back to College. This is the 49ers best chance at keeping Fangio. Another plan can make Fangio the highest paid DC to stay even if harbaugh goes to another NFL team. Plus with all the weapons we have why would Fangio want to leave this D. When Healthy we have a top 3 D.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with this statement unless Harbaugh goes back to College. This is the 49ers best chance at keeping Fangio. Another plan can make Fangio the highest paid DC to stay even if harbaugh goes to another NFL team. Plus with all the weapons we have why would Fangio want to leave this D. When Healthy we have a top 3 D.

yes, having good players back, knowing their abilities, likely having good 'rapport', are reasons to stay. But after these last three years, he has already gotten as much respect as he'll get? In fact, later on won't people (non-49er fans) downgrade' him a little because he had such good players?

also yes, getting paid WELL is a big incentive no doubt.

But if I was Fangio, the biggest factor is the new HC, will i likely get along with him all year? Will I respect him enough whenever he inputs, and/or "over rules" my decisions? Cause it would be one LONG season should the working relationship go sour?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I may be mistaken cause I heard the stat in passing, but I think we were a top three D this year WITH the injuries. Even being in the top 10 is still pretty amazing. The defensive coaching staff as a whole has done a tremendous job.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I may be mistaken cause I heard the stat in passing, but I think we were a top three D this year WITH the injuries. Even being in the top 10 is still pretty amazing. The defensive coaching staff as a whole has done a tremendous job.

no doubt!

also like to think Baalke hit it big with this years draft class? Ward, Borland, Dontae, and Lynch all played, and played well for the most part. I know Ward didn't have a good game against Marshall, but who does? So these guys helped Fangio and Staff 'maintain' the good D.

Dial is almost a rookie, young in any case. He seems to be doing ok too?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt!

also like to think Baalke hit it big with this years draft class? Ward, Borland, Dontae, and Lynch all played, and played well for the most part. I know Ward didn't have a good game against Marshall, but who does? So these guys helped Fangio and Staff 'maintain' the good D.

Ward struggled at times but he is a rook. Dial has looked really good at times. They need more playing time. Not sure where Tank was this week. I really liked the other CB Aker. He is on IR but looked good preaseason. I know preaeason doesnt accouny for much, but looking forward to seeing what he can do

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry that my earlier post appears trollish. I'm not pouring salt into open wounds.
If a GM does not regurgitate his roster it will get old.
To rely on old vets means just that. Gore, Smith, VD, as examples. Boldin defies logic though.
Next year SF is estimated to be apx $12M over the cap. Gore, IIupati, and Crabs are all UFA's and they are not counted against next years cap. Brooks ($3M dead money) and J Smith($2.18M dead money) are contracted for next year and if cut the team will save their salary but I listed how much in dead money will be against the 2015 cap.
To me, that is bad shape that Baalke has put the team in.

49ers salary cap 2015: New cap figures open the door for what to expect from San Francisco front office - Niners Nation

$5M in dead money isn't too bad, nobody wants dead money but chit happens (McDonald).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, having good players back, knowing their abilities, likely having good 'rapport', are reasons to stay. But after these last three years, he has already gotten as much respect as he'll get? In fact, later on won't people (non-49er fans) downgrade' him a little because he had such good players?

also yes, getting paid WELL is a big incentive no doubt.

But if I was Fangio, the biggest factor is the new HC, will i likely get along with him all year? Will I respect him enough whenever he inputs, and/or "over rules" my decisions? Cause it would be one LONG season should the working relationship go sour?

I like the plan of making him HC and bring in a top OC to run the offense. He can groom the next DC and still control the D and Let the OC do his thing kind of like how Harbaugh let Fangio do his thing. It would be hard for Fangio to turn us down to be a DC with harbaugh.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt!

Plus throw in Tank.