• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is Harbaugh worth?

What is Harbaugh worth?

• Total voters

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Does everyone think that blowing the coaching staff up after 3 years sucks?

Does anyone think that this is actually positive?

Does anyone think that blowing up the coaching staff will be positive for Kap, or kill his career?

I think it sucks on all fronts. Never thought this would happen at the beginning of the season.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's frustrating what's going on with the Niners. They have a coach who has been successful and yet in all accounts, he won't be back next year. After a decade a futility, the Niners are relevant again. But if the coach, GM and owner cannot coexist, then something has to happen. I just think that even before this season started with the rumors that Harbaugh was going to be traded to the Browns, something was definitely not right. How can the Niners even contemplate on trading their coach when all he has done is take them to three straight NFC championship games?
I hope that they can get a coach who is able to work with Kap. I think if Kap continues to struggle in 2015, Niners will need to find another option at QB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's frustrating what's going on with the Niners. They have a coach who has been successful and yet in all accounts, he won't be back next year. After a decade a futility, the Niners are relevant again. But if the coach, GM and owner cannot coexist, then something has to happen. I just think that even before this season started with the rumors that Harbaugh was going to be traded to the Browns, something was definitely not right. How can the Niners even contemplate on trading their coach when all he has done is take them to three straight NFC championship games?
I hope that they can get a coach who is able to work with Kap. I think if Kap continues to struggle in 2015, Niners will need to find another option at QB.

Baalke should already be planning for the next QB. This isn't to say Kaep will be gone soon, or even before the 2015 season ends, but he SHOULD be planning now. This doesn't depend on what Kaep does in 2015, cause if he waits till the end of 2015, too late.

On the other extreme, If there isn't value in the draft (any round), don't force it. if there is no value in free agency, don't force it.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke should be fired and Harbaugh re-signed to around a 5 to 6 year deal and a bit under the Michigan offer. I think he'd take it to stay in the NFL and with our team. Especially if he got some say in who took Baalke's place as the GM. I'd always rather have a good Head Coach than a GM. A great GM will always look foolish behind a bad Head Coach, but a bad GM still looks pretty good behind a good Head Coach. Granted the best results are when both are good at their jobs. Baalke to me though has been the under performer of the two and needs to go. We've missed badly on several drafts in a row now, and once Harbaugh is gone it will be harder to re-sign players to team friendly deals. It's much easier to get players to sacrifice for the team when you're winning. Once Harbaugh is gone we're not going to be doing much winning for awhile.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke should be fired and Harbaugh re-signed to around a 5 to 6 year deal and a bit under the Michigan offer. I think he'd take it to stay in the NFL and with our team. Especially if he got some say in who took Baalke's place as the GM. I'd always rather have a good Head Coach than a GM. A great GM will always look foolish behind a bad Head Coach, but a bad GM still looks pretty good behind a good Head Coach. Granted the best results are when both are good at their jobs. Baalke to me though has been the under performer of the two and needs to go. We've missed badly on several drafts in a row now, and once Harbaugh is gone it will be harder to re-sign players to team friendly deals. It's much easier to get players to sacrifice for the team when you're winning. Once Harbaugh is gone we're not going to be doing much winning for awhile.
You make great points.
The 1st question should be can Harbaugh be a person other people can work with?
If the answer is yes, then by all means Baalke should get vaped. His drafting is merely ok, he let the team get old, and relied on old vets too much, plus your team is near the cap limit and is in bad cap shape next year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You make great points.
The 1st question should be can Harbaugh be a person other people can work with?
If the answer is yes, then by all means Baalke should get vaped. His drafting is merely ok, he let the team get old, and relied on old vets too much, plus your team is near the cap limit and is in bad cap shape next year.

How do you LET a team get old?

what does "relied on old vets" mean? All good teams have good players who grow 'old' while contending season to season. Do Seahawk players remain the same age every season?

Most good teams if not all, are at the cap limit every year. Don't think we'll be in bad cap shape next season, cause odds are Gore, Iupati, Crabtree, and Brooks are gone. Justin Smith?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry that my earlier post appears trollish. I'm not pouring salt into open wounds.
If a GM does not regurgitate his roster it will get old.
To rely on old vets means just that. Gore, Smith, VD, as examples. Boldin defies logic though.
Next year SF is estimated to be apx $12M over the cap. Gore, IIupati, and Crabs are all UFA's and they are not counted against next years cap. Brooks ($3M dead money) and J Smith($2.18M dead money) are contracted for next year and if cut the team will save their salary but I listed how much in dead money will be against the 2015 cap.
To me, that is bad shape that Baalke has put the team in.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry that my earlier post appears trollish. I'm not pouring salt into open wounds.
To rely on old vets means just that. Gore, Smith, VD, as examples. Boldin defies logic though.
Next year SF is estimated to be apx $12M over the cap. Gore, IIupati, and Crabs are all UFA's and they are not counted against next years cap. Brooks ($3M dead money) and J Smith($2.18M dead money) are contracted for next year and if cut the team will save their salary but I listed how much in dead money will be against the 2015 cap.

This team is full of young talent that will be taking over. This is not an old team The change has already begun. Brooks, Gore, Iupati are gone unless they take significant pay cuts. We have Aaron Lynch taking over for Brooks. Our secondary has young players. Dline young players. Balke has done a good job with the cap overall and will fit the team under the cap as he always has.

Last edited by a moderator:

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch, Hyde and Thomas should replace Brooks, Gore and Iupati. Iupati has been very good at run block, but horrible at pass blocking allowing six sacks this season. A. Davis has been injured most of the season. Niners need to find a viable backup in case Davis has recurring concussion symptoms. Need to extend Aldon Smith provided his name doesn't show up on the police blogger. Definitely need to find another QB. I don't believe Kap is the long term solution at that position. Other needs are wideout and TE.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

you're HOPING as hope we're in this bad a shape aren't you? :-)

We didn't have a good YEAR obviously, but we're not falling off a cliff??? We appear to have just gotten a solid draft class, Ward, Hyde, Borland, Ellington, and Lynch all played and played well. A few guys (Dial and Tank) from last year are proving very capable, joining Reid from the previous class. So we do have young talent and we won't be as old as you're implying.

Yes we'll have dead money same as most teams, but it won't be crippling.

no GM is perfect and that includes Baalke, but overall he has done well with the draft and free agents. Seattle isn't perfect with their moves either, good example is Harvin.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're HOPING as hope we're in this bad a shape aren't you? :-)

We didn't have a good YEAR obviously, but we're not falling off a cliff??? We appear to have just gotten a solid draft class, Ward, Hyde, Borland, Ellington, and Lynch all played and played well. A few guys (Dial and Tank) from last year are proving very capable, joining Reid from the previous class. So we do have young talent and we won't be as old as you're implying.

Yes we'll have dead money same as most teams, but it won't be crippling.

no GM is perfect and that includes Baalke, but overall he has done well with the draft and free agents. Seattle isn't perfect with their moves either, good example is Harvin.
Hey! No fair bringing up Harvin.:doh::bawling::censored: Gawd what a mistake he was.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would trade for him? Everyone knows he wont be with the team next year, why give anything up?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm telling you guys I fear for the future of our team. I feel like management right now is bowing out their chest like this whole turn around has been all them. They don't want to pay Harbaugh his worth as a coach, and they believe he is only a small part of the turn around anyway. They think it's all them and they can continue it on with a "YES, man" type of coach that won't take so much of their spotlight.

I really hope it doesn't come crashing down on us, but I fear that is exactly where this is all heading. I mean how often do good teams fire their coach and get even better the next year?

It's pretty much a giving whichever coach we do end up getting will not come with near the same level of hype as Harbaugh did. There are really no top flight college head coaches right now you could lure in that run an offense and defense that would fit in the NFL. Sabin and Myer are likely the cream of the crop, but they are not leaving their schools and both of them would likely out bid us to keep them anyway. Bob Stoops is overrated in my opinion. Texas is down and he still can't win the Big 12 because schools like TCU and Baylor are out coaching him despite not having the same talent. Jim Mora has the right system, experience, and has done well turning UCLA around. I feel he needs a few more years at UCLA though to establish himself some more before coming back to the NFL. I wouldn't be shocked to see him as the new coach though. Would likely be a lot cheaper than Harbaugh and he has strong ties to the NFC West. It's a big step down from what we have right now though.

Now we're looking at Coordinators or Head Coaches that have been out of the league for years. I feel our team is built to win now. So I don't like the idea of rolling the dice on anyone that has not already proven themselves, but who will be out there that has proven they can be a winning coach at the NFL level?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well its official Harbaugh is gone. York said after the game this week 49ers will have everything set up with in 48 hrs of the last game. Looks like 49ers will just fire Harbaugh. They don't want to keep him while they look to trade him. Some say this is the right thing to do by the 49ers but I say screw that I would trade him for picks.

Oh well at least we know its all over. Im surprise they are letting him finish the year. Players know he is gone now. I guess it gives them 1 last game with their coach.

Thank you Harbaugh for brining us back. I wish you luck except when you play us or when Mich plays ND. What ever decision you make.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm telling you guys I fear for the future of our team. I feel like management right now is bowing out their chest like this whole turn around has been all them. They don't want to pay Harbaugh his worth as a coach, and they believe he is only a small part of the turn around anyway. They think it's all them and they can continue it on with a "YES, man" type of coach that won't take so much of their spotlight.

I really hope it doesn't come crashing down on us, but I fear that is exactly where this is all heading. I mean how often do good teams fire their coach and get even better the next year?

It's pretty much a giving whichever coach we do end up getting will not come with near the same level of hype as Harbaugh did. There are really no top flight college head coaches right now you could lure in that run an offense and defense that would fit in the NFL. Sabin and Myer are likely the cream of the crop, but they are not leaving their schools and both of them would likely out bid us to keep them anyway. Bob Stoops is overrated in my opinion. Texas is down and he still can't win the Big 12 because schools like TCU and Baylor are out coaching him despite not having the same talent. Jim Mora has the right system, experience, and has done well turning UCLA around. I feel he needs a few more years at UCLA though to establish himself some more before coming back to the NFL. I wouldn't be shocked to see him as the new coach though. Would likely be a lot cheaper than Harbaugh and he has strong ties to the NFC West. It's a big step down from what we have right now though.

Now we're looking at Coordinators or Head Coaches that have been out of the league for years. I feel our team is built to win now. So I don't like the idea of rolling the dice on anyone that has not already proven themselves, but who will be out there that has proven they can be a winning coach at the NFL level?

sorry but I totally disagree. There is personality conflicts so our top guys aren't working well together. But there has been NO indication the conflicts are due to Baalke/York thinking they are the reason. This isn't a Jones/Johnson conflict.

Harbaugh and staff is the biggest reason for the turnaround, not even York/Baalke can argue it. Whatever it is Harbaugh does "off the field", it won't work going forward. The next coach won't be as good I agree, but a fractured FO/HC is even worse.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry but I totally disagree. There is personality conflicts so our top guys aren't working well together. But there has been NO indication the conflicts are due to Baalke/York thinking they are the reason. This isn't a Jones/Johnson conflict.

Harbaugh and staff is the biggest reason for the turnaround, not even York/Baalke can argue it. Whatever it is Harbaugh does "off the field", it won't work going forward. The next coach won't be as good I agree, but a fractured FO/HC is even worse.

I agree. If we bring in Adam Gase or Josh McDaniels I hope Fangio stays. That would make for a nice combo. If I had to pick I would want McDaniels just because Gase has had more weapons to play with plus Payton where Mcdaniels has had weapons but not as much and I also like Pats offense a little more.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. If we bring in Adam Gase or Josh McDaniels I hope Fangio stays. That would make for a nice combo. If I had to pick I would want McDaniels just because Gase has had more weapons to play with plus Payton where Mcdaniels has had weapons but not as much and I also like Pats offense a little more.

I really hope Fangio and the rest of the defensive staff stays. The 49ers strong D has remained fairly consistent over the years. harbaugh is not a defensive coach so that wasn't him. No reason the D can't remain strong if it can get healthy again next year. The question is how the offensive coaching staff turns out.