• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What is Harbaugh worth?

What is Harbaugh worth?

• Total voters

Youngfan9886

Board Nightmare
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is more than just the raiders who are after him now. Miami, NY jets, NY giants, and Chicago Bears are reportedly interested as well. So my question to fans of other teams is this. What would you give up for Jim Harbaugh to be your coach? Post your best offer. I'm also including a poll for fans of teams that already have a good coach.

Youngfan9886

Board Nightmare
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, Jim Harbaugh turned this franchise around. Turned Alex Smith into an average qb, 3 NFC championship games. Probably one of top 5 coaches out there. I hope the niners hold out and make these other teams compete against each other for the best deal.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or you know we could do the smart thing and just re-sign a good coach for once.

my2cents

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The going rate for a coach back when Gruden was traded was two first round picks (I don't recall the other coach that went for that either, but there was another). I wouldn't do it for anything less than that, but ideally I would prefer we resign him. If there is a rift between him and Balkke, then I say get rid of Balkke, as he has missed on as many high draft picks as he has hit on (so in my mind he has been average). A good coach is terribly hard to come by.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh will not resign but will wait for Jed to fire him. He's not going to give back a single penny to the Niners. I think the teams will wait for him to be fired so they don't have to give any draft picks. If he is indeed traded, a team will probably give a 3rd round pick. I can't see any team parting with their 1st round pick. Just my opinion.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbaugh will not resign but will wait for Jed to fire him. He's not going to give back a single penny to the Niners. I think the teams will wait for him to be fired so they don't have to give any draft picks. If he is indeed traded, a team will probably give a 3rd round pick. I can't see any team parting with their 1st round pick. Just my opinion.

I think you are right. Teams know he is going to be gone at the end of this year and will just wait for him to be fired so as not to give up picks.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade him for a 2nd and a 4th. I would try and get a 1st but it wont happen. Now maybe u can try and get a 3rd this year and a 1st next year but im not sure. Either way we better get something good. No 6th or 7th rd pick 3rd the latest I would take and it would be multiple 3rds. One this year and one next year plus either this years 4th or next years 4th.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right. Teams know he is going to be gone at the end of this year and will just wait for him to be fired so as not to give up picks.

Yes but if teams don't want to fight over him why not go and get him by trading for him and getting your man. If he hits FA market there would be at least 3-4 teams after him. It would be tough to add him. Trading for him gives you better odds at landing him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but if teams don't want to fight over him why not go and get him by trading for him and getting your man. If he hits FA market there would be at least 3-4 teams after him. It would be tough to add him. Trading for him gives you better odds at landing him.
Problem with all these teams is Harbaugh has to agree to coach them or a trade is pointless and while teams might want Harbaugh, they dont want to give up valuable draft picks

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with all these teams is Harbaugh has to agree to coach them or a trade is pointless and while teams might want Harbaugh, they dont want to give up valuable draft picks

I agree but if you want him u are better off trading for him. Teams I see Harbaugh saying yes to is Oakland(stays on the west coast), Miami(almost signed with them last time), Dallas(who wont go after him) and San Diego(again wont be in the mix) . Other sleeper teams would be the Bears, Giants or Jets. East coast teams have a long shot.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
his coaching ability is worth a LOT, but we won't get close to his worth.

one more factor to consider, the new team will NOT view Harbaugh as a long term coach. They know from his track record he moves on.....for whatever reasons.

if you're them and thinking this way, you wouldn't give up a lot.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 506.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is the correct view.
No team will trade for a coach that has 1 year remaining on his present contract. If Oakland wants to trade for Harbs and Harbs would prefer another team, he just does NOT sign a contract extension with the team that just traded for him. That makes the trade a mistake for the team getting him.
The only way a trade would work is if Harbs desires to coach the team that trades for him and would sign a contract extension as part of the trade.
Now, if Harbs is pissed at the Niners, he wont sign shit. Either he coaches one more year or he gets fired and gets to keep that $ from his final year under contract with the team and the team gets nothing from his exit. Then he is like a UFA that would get to select to coach whichever team he chooses.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

one more factor to consider, the new team will NOT view Harbaugh as a long term coach. They know from his track record he moves on.....for whatever reasons.

Very true. Its kind of weird because his brother is the opposite. He has been with the ravens for awhile now. I do think he would of stayed at SF if he had a better relationship with the front office and if he had a little more say in every day operations of personal/players.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team will trade for a coach that has 1 year remaining on his present contract. If Oakland wants to trade for Harbs and Harbs would prefer another team, he just does NOT sign a contract extension with the team that just traded for him. That makes the trade a mistake for the team getting him.
The only way a trade would work is if Harbs desires to coach the team that trades for him and would sign a contract extension as part of the trade.
Now, if Harbs is pissed at the Niners, he wont sign shit. Either he coaches one more year or he gets fired and gets to keep that $ from his final year under contract with the team and the team gets nothing from his exit. Then he is like a UFA that would get to select to coach whichever team he chooses.

Well I think 49ers would give them a window to discuss trade before making a deal. It wouldn't be a blind trade where the team would only have Harbaugh for 1 year.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be my take on it as well. No trade. I expect the axe to fall right after the season if it is going to happen.IMO Harbs will be fired (along with most of the offensive coaching staff) or they will make some changes in said coaching staff.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
All it takes is for 2 teams to be interested in Harbaugh.

Then we will definitely get draft picks for him.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He could play hardball and decline any trades. Then Jed will not have any choice but to fire him, Harbaugh resigns (which is unlikely) or give him an extension. If you're the Jets, Bears, Raiders, or the Giants, why would you give up one of your most valuable commodity, which is your 1st round pick?

Last edited by a moderator:

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great point. He could bolt after two years and go to Ann Arbor!

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When management screws you over, you want to get some sort of justice. I think he forces the Niner's to fire him and pay him. Then he goes to another team and gets paid twice for next season. A little bit of vindication. He will be a hot commodity and could really profit from a bidding war from other teams even though he may have already made up his mind.
I think he will enjoy very much being in the drivers seat.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
When management screws you over, you want to get some sort of justice. I think he forces the Niner's to fire him and pay him. Then he goes to another team and gets paid twice for next season. A little bit of vindication. He will be a hot commodity and could really profit from a bidding war from other teams even though he may have already made up his mind.
I think he will enjoy very much being in the drivers seat.

that's exactly what the 49ers want too, a bidding war.