• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What in the holy hell is the LA Rams front office thinking?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams probably look to trade Foles or Keenum now there are a few teams that are a couple of teams that are desperate enough that they might give up a 2nd or 3rd for one of them mitigating some of the Rams loss from this trade.
Hmm interesting comment. I like it.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams probably look to trade Foles or Keenum now there are a few teams that are a couple of teams that are desperate enough that they might give up a 2nd or 3rd for one of them mitigating some of the Rams loss from this trade.

I don't see them going for that high or even close. I don't think Foles value was that high when he went to the Rams last year and wouldn't say he increased his value. He's on a contract where he would be a 9+ mil cap hit to a new team for the worst starting QB of last year, so he'd have to be willing to cut that I think for him to even be considered in a trade. I really think teams will let them release him then go for him (maybe KC as a backup or SF?). It would be surprising if he was traded for anything with that contract. I doubt he is in LA next year though.

Case I think you could maybe get something for, but again, talking late 7th round pick. Undrafted QB who outside of an amazing first half against Tampa and their horrible pass D (gave up the highest QB rating in the league last year), has been below average and limited skill-set and is now 28 years old. Below average size, below average arm, below average mobility, hasn't shown he can make NFL throws with any consistency.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And makes sense for the Rams, sure they got a haul for the RGIII trade, but without a QB, no matter how talented that roster is, they are an 8-8 team. They want a new face of the franchise for LA. I am no QB scout, just rely on what I hear there, but the big worry is that this isn't a year with a Luck-type prospect, which makes that sound scary.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And makes sense for the Rams, sure they got a haul for the RGIII trade, but without a QB, no matter how talented that roster is, they are an 8-8 team. They want a new face of the franchise for LA. I am no QB scout, just rely on what I hear there, but the big worry is that this isn't a year with a Luck-type prospect, which makes that sound scary.
Totally agree with your comment.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is exactly why the Rams pulled off this trade. They are going to play in front of a new fanbase and they want to win (hopefully) NOW.

Except they wont.... Rams aren't going anywhere in that division anytime soon... Goff/Wentz? REALLY!? That's what you mortgaged for? Those guys are 2nd round prospects in a decent QB draft class and if the CBA wasn't here there's no way they'd even be considered in the first.

And all the holes you have (O-Line, WR, LBer, Secondary - yes I'm aware Johnson is franchised, and TE) cannot be filled via the draft nor do you have any ammo for the loaded 2017 class.

Face it, Kroenke is an idiot and has no clue what he's doing. Worst thing you can have is an inept owner, and LA.... well ya GOT ONE.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except they wont.... Rams aren't going anywhere in that division anytime soon... Goff/Wentz? REALLY!? That's what you mortgaged for? Those guys are 2nd round prospects in a decent QB draft class and if the CBA wasn't here there's no way they'd even be considered in the first.

And all the holes you have (O-Line, WR, LBer, Secondary - yes I'm aware Johnson is franchised, and TE) cannot be filled via the draft nor do you have any ammo for the loaded 2017 class.

Face it, Kroenke is an idiot and has no clue what he's doing. Worst thing you can have is an inept owner, and LA.... well ya GOT ONE.
Fair enough, I can respect your opinion.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herschel Walker is laughing his ass off

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Rams won't what? I never said the Rams would go to the Super Bowl this coming year. What I said was that the Rams were 7-9 last season in a tough division. The Rams haven't made the playoffs in 13 years and haven't had a winning season in years. They have a real good chance at making the playoffs in the next year or two. The Rams are back in Los Angeles with a new fanbase and need to win NOW. They need a good QB and they took a chance with this trade. We'll see how it will work out.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping the 49ers drafted Goff but didn't want to give up a bunch of picks to move up. I don't watch College ball, but from all the reports I've read, none of the QBs in this draft class are NFL ready QBs and are question marks as to whether they will be franchise QBs. Hopefully for the Rams it works out. Big gamble

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get the Goff love, by the end of the season he was the 5th or 6th best quarterback in the Pac12, someone worthy to take a gamble on but not mortgage your future when he isn't NFL and needs a strong leadership at QB to learn from.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get the Goff love, by the end of the season he was the 5th or 6th best quarterback in the Pac12, someone worthy to take a gamble on but not mortgage your future when he isn't NFL and needs a strong leadership at QB to learn from.

Depends what their scouts see.. If they feel he can be a franchise QB and pro-bowl caliber guy, then cool. I can't blame them for going for that. From what I hear that isn't there this year, but if they think they've got a Marino or Rodgers out there who everyone else is saying isn't an elite #1 overall prospect, then go for it.

In the past quarter century Rams have not had pro-bowl level QB play 20 of those years. 0 of those seasons did they finish above .500.

5 of those seasons they did have pro-bowl level QB play, 0 of those seasons did they finish below .500.

They need a franchise QB. They can draft all the talent in the world, and if they are getting the QB play they've seen the past decade out of those guys, there is no chance they will win consistently.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If RGIII didn't suck (called it by the way), that would've absolutely been the right move for the Redskins, and it would've been a stupid move by the Rams.

Jared Goff doesn't suck.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
none of the QBs in this draft class are NFL ready

QBs that are NFL ready are rare Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning are the only 2 that i can think of. This looks to be a better than average QB class.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If RGIII didn't suck (called it by the way), that would've absolutely been the right move for the Redskins, and it would've been a stupid move by the Rams.

Jared Goff doesn't suck.

Yup, I still think it was right for them.. You have to try to get a franchise QB if you want any consistent success. Trying and failing is better than not giving it a shot and going with Hoyer. You aren't going to win consistently, you aren't going to make yourself a FA destination, and you aren't going to keep consistent GM/coaches if you can't get consistent QB play.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping the 49ers drafted Goff but didn't want to give up a bunch of picks to move up. I don't watch College ball, but from all the reports I've read, none of the QBs in this draft class are NFL ready QBs and are question marks as to whether they will be franchise QBs. Hopefully for the Rams it works out. Big gamble

You know what is sad, if the niners lose that meaningless game to the rams they may be to far back to get this trade to work. Three cheers to Tomasula :L

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What they're thinking is, where do I get some more of that Cali green? I bet their GM has one of those medical marijuana cards.

Biggie_Smalls_Going_Back_To_Cali-front-large.jpg

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL.com has them graded at the same level of Winston and Mariota. Winston was a 6.7, Mariota was a 6.27. Wentz is a 6.53 and Goff is a 6.51, slotting right between the top 2 overall picks of 2015.

2015 NFL Draft Profile: Jameis Winston
2015 NFL Draft Profile: Marcus Mariota
2016 NFL Draft Profile: Carson Wentz
2016 NFL Draft Profile: Jared Goff