• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What in the Foles???

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet the dark lord makes a play for Foles in the off season. What a good fit it would be for the Pats. Foles wouldn't be mugging for Brady's job and the Pats get a SB MVP holding a clipboard ready to produce magic when needed. Foles would be happy with it and Brady would be happy with it.

As for Wentz well, I know many are on his band wagon but I've been an Eagles fan for long enough to remember the Cunningham years. That dude was magic but always injured. Eagles management are in the no win scenario in decision making on Foles.

Being an Eagle fan long enough I can respect the triggering on the Cunningham years. That said, it feels awfully premature to lump Wentz into that and be ready to cut bait already.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check down options are always available to the QB ... Wentz just didn't look at them this year. He was determined on pushing the ball in the 10-15 yard area downfield between the hash marks (mostly to Ertz) ... that's his comfort zone and didn't sway away from that much. He has to learn to take the dump offs when the other options aren't there instead of holding on to the ball and absorb the sack or a hit. Since Foles took over we are the least sacked team in the league because he gets it out quickly one way to the other. Wentz also has to also lead receivers better and put some touch under the ball; he has a great arm, but you don't have to throw lasers on every play. Ditto his deep ball ... Foles doesn't have his arm, but he lays out the deep ball with touch and it gives his receivers a chance to settle under it and make a play. Hopefully Wentz can watch and incorporate some of what Foles does into his game for next year.

I think this sums it up well. I really put the blame much closer to 50-50 between player and coaching.

Doug is well known as a players coach. As a former player I think he greatly values the players feedback in how scheme and playcalling impact the game. I think what we saw this season could be classified as an overvaluing of this factor.

Wentz is absolutely a competitor. I think though that this season showed an overdrive of that facet. Types like Wentz can be rigid and stubborn in moments like this. They want the ball. They want it all on their shoulders. They try to downplay any physical or mental limitation that currently exists.

Combine that with a players coach who will let the player have the space to figure it out on the field. I feel that’s what Doug was trying to do. I have a hunch that they might have wanted to “simplify” the playbook much earlier and Carson (stubborn competitor) resisted it. It is just too coincidental that Foles comes in and that was the week they were going to simplify things no matter what.

That’s the fix that needs to happen. Doug needs to be more the coach in those moments (this is what we are going to do) and Wentz needs to come off that stubbornness a bit. I honestly don’t think that would be simple for either guy.

In the end....the best fix might just be a full offseason of recovery and preparation and Wentz coming out 100% physically and mentally. Then the coaching can let him range out and he will be more physically and mentally prepared to play the game his way and succeed.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being an Eagle fan long enough I can respect the triggering on the Cunningham years. That said, it feels awfully premature to lump Wentz into that and be ready to cut bait already.
I'm not ready to cut bait but you have to admit that this is a unique situation. If Foles had come off the bench and one a couple of playoff games then lost the conference final to Minnie, none of us would be talking right now, but he didn't. He one it all for the very first time and gave a championship to long suffering Eagles fans. Who was the last QB to do a thing like that? Was it Brady so many years ago? I don't know but it's pretty fucking rare. So bottom line, nobody's tossing Wentz to the curb but he has blown two seasons in a row to injury and that's cause for raising an eyebrow. As for Foles, he will always be an Eagles hero now.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not ready to cut bait but you have to admit that this is a unique situation. If Foles had come off the bench and one a couple of playoff games then lost the conference final to Minnie, none of us would be talking right now, but he didn't. He one it all for the very first time and gave a championship to long suffering Eagles fans. Who was the last QB to do a thing like that? Was it Brady so many years ago? I don't know but it's pretty fucking rare. So bottom line, nobody's tossing Wentz to the curb but he has blown two seasons in a row to injury and that's cause for raising an eyebrow. As for Foles, he will always be an Eagles hero now.

Agreed on Foles being an Eagles hero forever. That was cemented back in February. But even that doesn’t make one the locked in starter for going forward.

As for Wentz.....being on track for MVP is hardly a wasted season (easier to say since they won it with Foles). As for this year....I still believe firmly that he was rushed back too quickly. And it had negative impacts. That doesn’t make him injury prone at this point.

I hope they sign Foles to backup another year or two as insurance if we do find that Wentz is another Cunningham. But you don’t just give Foles the starter role.

Too many forget Foles did struggle to start the year. In baseball parlance he has proven to be a closer and not a starting pitcher.

Screamin Eagle

Stand for the Flag, Kneel for the Cross
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Foles continues to win, this conversation will get very interesting.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49081703_149400632712696_4504006193269702656_n.jpg

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Foles continues to win, this conversation will get very interesting.

It might get interesting by Sunday night. It's funny because fans of other teams think it's a no-brainer and we should be going with Foles. We all (Bird fans) know the truth.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might get interesting by Sunday night. It's funny because fans of other teams think it's a no-brainer and we should be going with Foles. We all (Bird fans) know the truth.
not trolling.

Wentz was meh his rookie year
Pretty awesome year two and injured
And meh year 3 and injured

Team chemistry surely seems a lot better with the current regime with foles in. wentz may be more talented, talent doesnt always equal fit. FOles appears to be a better fit with this team and system

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not trolling.

Team chemistry surely seems a lot better with the current regime with foles in. wentz may be more talented, talent doesnt always equal fit. FOles appears to be a better fit with this team and system

I agree with you, it does. Someone else said it best. It's like Foles as a starter is like Clark Kent, Foles as a savior is like Superman. I prefer Foles as a starter is like Banner, Foles as a savior is The Hulk. LOL.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you, it does. Someone else said it best. It's like Foles as a starter is like Clark Kent, Foles as a savior is like Superman. I prefer Foles as a starter is like Banner, Foles as a savior is The Hulk. LOL.
yeah something like that. He just seems to get shit done in a way the wentz couldnt. Dude has balls of steel. i feel expect him to wipe washington tommorow, just depends if the bears help yah out

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not trolling.

Top ten in the league in yards per game passing coming back off a bad injury.

I'll take that in a heartbeat.

I don't know if it's chemistry per se, for all we know the Rams either took the week off mentally or the Eagles just give the Rams matchup fits defensively.

Foles didn't set the league on fire in his first two games this season. He's a streaky QB. Not consistent. I wouldn't hitch my franchise to this guy long term.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top ten in the league in yards per game passing coming back off a bad injury.

I'll take that in a heartbeat.

I don't know if it's chemistry per se, for all we know the Rams either took the week off mentally or the Eagles just give the Rams matchup fits defensively.

Foles didn't set the league on fire in his first two games this season. He's a streaky QB. Not consistent. I wouldn't hitch my franchise to this guy long term.
ill be honest the stats argument doesnt hold with me. MY qb, big ben is leading the league in passing yardage, were out of the playoffs right now, and hes having one of his worst seasons. You can tie into a few stats, but carson wasnt winning, the starts were slow, and the team wasnt putting up points. and foles only got 2 games, its not much, guys have bad games. Im not saying foles is god, or the answer........but he sure seems to have the team.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree stats are often deceiving ... most of Wentz' stats have come in the 2nd half of games and we have been playing from behind all year. We were the lowest scoring team in the entire NFL in the first quarter of games while Wentz was in there. I love Wentz and think he will bounce back nicely in 2019 and be more of his 2017 form than 2018 form ... but this team couldn't get anything going on Offense in the first half of games for whatever the reason. Enter Foles and we look like our Super Bowl winning Offense again.

The big question looming right now is if we do end up getting that last playoff spot this week ... does Pederson put Wentz back in for the Wildcard game or does he stick with Foles? Wentz says he's ready to go despite the back issue.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do agree stats are often deceiving ... most of Wentz' stats have come in the 2nd half of games and we have been playing from behind all year. We were the lowest scoring team in the entire NFL in the first quarter of games while Wentz was in there. I love Wentz and think he will bounce back nicely in 2019 and be more of his 2017 form than 2018 form ... but this team couldn't get anything going on Offense in the first half of games for whatever the reason. Enter Foles and we look like our Super Bowl winning Offense again.

The big question looming right now is if we do end up getting that last playoff spot this week ... does Pederson put Wentz back in for the Wildcard game or does he stick with Foles? Wentz says he's ready to go despite the back issue.

Pretty sure Wentz is sick and tired of Foles being called St. Nick and the teams savior whenever he's under center. Any starting QB who hasn't as yet fulfilled the hype would be. As long as Foles is the backup in Philly standing on the sidelines with his SB MVP clipboard, Wentz will be pushing his luck to steal some hero status for himself. Foles now has a legacy in Philly and Wentz doesn't. If Foles and Wentz were sitting in a bar in Philly, who do you think would get the back slaps? Despite the smiles, I don't see Wentz as a happy dude right now and I have no idea what the end game is.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its a really good , and really bad position to be in as a coach and franchise.

Your team is rallying and playing good with your back up qb, who has a superbowl MVP on his resume. Your franchise QB is there and wants to play.

Where do you go? Do you risk that the franchise guy may not be up to the task, or that the team was rallying on the other guy?

If your back up goes nuts again, how does it affect your franchise qb? Mentally i dont care what anyone says, watching your back up win a superbowl and superbowl MVP sticks in your head. Now hes rolling a bit again. Could be really devastating to Wentz's morale.

It's a really fine line to walk IMHO

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure Wentz is sick and tired of Foles being called St. Nick and the teams savior whenever he's under center. Any starting QB who hasn't as yet fulfilled the hype would be. As long as Foles is the backup in Philly standing on the sidelines with his SB MVP clipboard, Wentz will be pushing his luck to steal some hero status for himself. Foles now has a legacy in Philly and Wentz doesn't. If Foles and Wentz were sitting in a bar in Philly, who do you think would get the back slaps? Despite the smiles, I don't see Wentz as a happy dude right now and I have no idea what the end game is.
didnt read this, but this was basically what i just typed

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if the Vikes lose tomorrow and the Eagles win taking them into the playoffs, the coaches are left with what should be an easy decision. You start Foles in the playoffs. If you start Wentz because he's healthy and he loses the first game, the entire coaching staff gets run out of town. If you start Foles and he loses there's no impact since he's the one who won the three critical games to get you there. No harm no foul.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles the rest of this year, no matter what. Carson needs to heal over the coming off season. Next year he will start, whether Foles is here or not.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a really good , and really bad position to be in as a coach and franchise.

Your team is rallying and playing good with your back up qb, who has a superbowl MVP on his resume. Your franchise QB is there and wants to play.

Where do you go? Do you risk that the franchise guy may not be up to the task, or that the team was rallying on the other guy?

If your back up goes nuts again, how does it affect your franchise qb? Mentally i dont care what anyone says, watching your back up win a superbowl and superbowl MVP sticks in your head. Now hes rolling a bit again. Could be really devastating to Wentz's morale.

It's a really fine line to walk IMHO

I’m firmly in the Wentz for the future camp. That said....if we make a playoff and they put Wentz in I’m pissed. There is no good reason to switch back. Wentz might feel game ready (hint: he always will) and he might clear physical. But he just needs to be rested up.

If it were week 10 and they were contemplating a switch, ok. But if the hot hand takes you into the playoffs you ride that hot hand. Period.

And while I’m here....I can’t say I see the morale disintegrating (yet). But then, none of us are fly’s in the wall at NovaCare.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m firmly in the Wentz for the future camp. That said....if we make a playoff and they put Wentz in I’m pissed. There is no good reason to switch back. Wentz might feel game ready (hint: he always will) and he might clear physical. But he just needs to be rested up.

If it were week 10 and they were contemplating a switch, ok. But if the hot hand takes you into the playoffs you ride that hot hand. Period.

And while I’m here....I can’t say I see the morale disintegrating (yet). But then, none of us are fly’s in the wall at NovaCare.
Very true sir. I just think it has to eat at u to watch ur back up win on the biggest stage against the goat. And get mvp. That should of been me....... would be anyone’s thought