• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What in the Foles???

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's crazy, I read something earlier that Wentz was on pace to become the third QB in history to throw something like 25 TDs and less than 10 INTs in their first three years. The others were Rodgers and Brady.

"Despite everything that’s happened, Wentz will be the first QB in NFL history to throw for 10,000 yards in his first three seasons with at least 70 touchdowns and fewer than 30 interceptions."

Despite injuries, no question Eagles should sign Wentz to a big deal

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these things would be null and void if we lose tomorrow or the Vikings win "BUT" if the Eagles make it into the playoffs and make noise in the playoffs (at least make it to the NFC Championship Game) with Foles at the helm ... I don't know what the Eagles will do. There's still a lot of football to be played before this becomes an issue with the organization ... again, if we don't make the playoffs then Foles is likely playing for another team next season and Wentz is firmly entrenched as the future. Would love to know what Wentz is "really" thinking at this moment in time; the more success Foles ends up having this year, the more pressure Wentz faces moving forward.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these things would be null and void if we lose tomorrow or the Vikings win "BUT" if the Eagles make it into the playoffs and make noise in the playoffs (at least make it to the NFC Championship Game) with Foles at the helm ... I don't know what the Eagles will do. There's still a lot of football to be played before this becomes an issue with the organization ... again, if we don't make the playoffs then Foles is likely playing for another team next season and Wentz is firmly entrenched as the future. Would love to know what Wentz is "really" thinking at this moment in time; the more success Foles ends up having this year, the more pressure Wentz faces moving forward.

Honestly, and maybe it is wishful thinking....but I can’t see a change at QB next year....even if we were to make and win the SB again with Foles. The team has its future set with Wentz. For better or worse it’s going to take a few years to find out if that was right.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, and maybe it is wishful thinking....but I can’t see a change at QB next year....even if we were to make and win the SB again with Foles. The team has its future set with Wentz. For better or worse it’s going to take a few years to find out if that was right.

If the unthinkable happens and Foles helps us win a 2nd straight Super Bowl I don't see how the Eagles just let him move to another team. Again, that's a long ways away and hell, we may not even make the playoffs ... so Foles may not even have the chance. However if that dream scenario were to happen I think the Eagles pick up that 20 mil option and he starts week 1 of the following season. Wentz would still be the future (either on a long term deal or under the Franchise Tag after the 2019 season) ... but I think Foles would have 1 more year here if he helps bring us Super Bowl #2.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be opposed to having Foles for one more season if the reason was to develop Wentz further. The problem with that scenario is that Wentz is already a better QB than Foles. I love Foles and he will always be a folk hero in Philly but he is still fools gold IMO. If the concern is Wentz health I understand that but those are coachable things IMO and it is probably what hindered Wentz the most. Doug needs to overhaul his offensive staff next year and bring in proven coaches.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check down options are always available to the QB ... Wentz just didn't look at them this year. He was determined on pushing the ball in the 10-15 yard area downfield between the hash marks (mostly to Ertz) ... that's his comfort zone and didn't sway away from that much. He has to learn to take the dump offs when the other options aren't there instead of holding on to the ball and absorb the sack or a hit. Since Foles took over we are the least sacked team in the league because he gets it out quickly one way to the other. Wentz also has to also lead receivers better and put some touch under the ball; he has a great arm, but you don't have to throw lasers on every play. Ditto his deep ball ... Foles doesn't have his arm, but he lays out the deep ball with touch and it gives his receivers a chance to settle under it and make a play. Hopefully Wentz can watch and incorporate some of what Foles does into his game for next year.

uh... go back and look how many times there was "NOT" a checkdown. Often the shortest patter was a 10 yard pass. The coaches playcalling is completely different with Foles in there than Wentz. Foles stares down his first read and throws to it most of the time.. if he cannot, he gets major happy feet and doesn't look nearly as effective. Wentz is often going to 2nd and 3rd read options -- all of which are usually 10+ yards! The playcalling "NEEDS" to change with Wentz in there. Especially during the DAL game it was not more obvious with Dak's FIRST READ being the check down so many times for 8 yard chunks. You are blaming Wentz for something that is actually a COACHING issue.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foles has ice water in the veins ... dude's a finisher!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is becoming a real question IMO. Foles is special.