• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What If 04/15/24

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick 12 - Laiatu Latu - Edge

Pick 22 - Cooper DeJean - DB

Pick 41 - Bo Nix - QB

The Broncos trade Pat Surtain to The Eagles for picks 22, 53 and a 2025 second rounder .. They keep 12, which gives them 12, 22, 53 and 76

In turn, they trade 53 and 76 to move up to 41 to take Nix

I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes with this WHAT IF ... Just thought I'd put one up to get some thoughts

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Like him don't love him. Too high for me. I was higher on him before learning of the severity of his injury. Once retired from football. Think there is too much value in the top 12 then to risk a guy with neck injury history. Just feel a little uneasy taking him this high with as much value as there is at 12 this year. I would rather move down for someone trying to jocky for OT position in this scenario.

2. Love the pick. Dislike the trade. Would feel robbed and would really question the front office.

3. This would be wonderful. If we get Nix at 41 we worked that scenario well.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, not stepping on anyone's feet by doing a "what if", matter of fact I hope others will do some. Duffman has done a few and that is nice to see. I am getting to my busiest time of the year at work, (always sucks that it hits right around draft time) so I was about to stop creating them anyway. Nice if someone else comes up with a few if they desire.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Like him don't love him. Too high for me. I was higher on him before learning of the severity of his injury. Once retired from football. Think there is too much value in the top 12 then to risk a guy with neck injury history. Just feel a little uneasy taking him this high with as much value as there is at 12 this year. I would rather move down for someone trying to jocky for OT position in this scenario.

2. Love the pick. Dislike the trade. Would feel robbed and would really question the front office.

3. This would be wonderful. If we get Nix at 41 we worked that scenario well.
DC, you think we could get more in return for Surtain ??

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC, you think we could get more in return for Surtain ??
I don't understand the logic of trading a top 3 cb under a rookie contract for 2 more years only to draft one with a significant skill deficit (comparatively) in the first round. On top of that, a significantly injured edge rusher that is likely too high. Nix there would be larceny given the draft hype of the top 5 qbs, but overall this is a stinker and would likely get Paton fired unless Nix became another Elway.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the logic of trading a top 3 cb under a rookie contract for 2 more years only to draft one with a significant skill deficit (comparatively) in the first round. On top of that, a significantly injured edge rusher that is likely too high. Nix there would be larceny given the draft hype of the top 5 qbs, but overall this is a stinker and would likely get Paton fired unless Nix became another Elway.

Same. Plus you can just tag Surtain after his 5th year and trade him for great value if by then his contract is an issue. Why trade him now with two years to still work out a deal? We talking about a top 3 CB here with a team who really doesn't have a lot of long term in house free agents to wrap up.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand the logic of trading a top 3 cb under a rookie contract for 2 more years only to draft one with a significant skill deficit (comparatively) in the first round. On top of that, a significantly injured edge rusher that is likely too high. Nix there would be larceny given the draft hype of the top 5 qbs, but overall this is a stinker and would likely get Paton fired unless Nix became another Elway .

This deal with Surtain and the Eagles was from the guy who wrote the other article, but I modified it by trading up for Nix

Personally, if we were to deal Surtain, the only way I'd be onboard if it involved moving up for McCarthy

I know Latu has had major medical history with his neck, but it was stable this past season - to the point of winning both the Lombardi and Hendricks awards .... Danielle Hunter and Peyton Manning both had very similar procedures ..

I do agree it is risky though ... Usually, steering clear of a guy who's had this type of medicals seems prudent ... The Willie Middlesbrooks Syndrome ..

But I think Latu might be worth the pick .. Team docs would know best, and if he were to be cleared, I think he's the best pass rusher in this draft - probably the best from a lot of past drafts ...

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we trade a top 3 in the prime of his career with 2 years still left on his contract we better be seeking a higher first round pick and multiple first round picks in return.
In don't disagree ... and while L'Jarius Sneed is not in Surtain's league, Sneed's deal is sort of a cloud hanging over .. There's some good CB prospects in the draft, and between that and Tenn getting a SB winning CB for basically a 3rd - it doesn't help matters ..

Of course, Surtain has a ton going for him as far as value to another team .. and Vic is with the Eagles now .. A first and 2 seconds ?? could it be better /?? ... maybe .... I just can't see a team giving up two first round picks .....

If so, I think we should consider it .... but again, I'm only onboard with dealing PSII for a move up to McCarthy

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing to consider with Snead to is the fact that teams knew KC couldn't afford what Snead's asking price is. That hurts his value in a trade. (As they have no other option) unless he is willing to sign the franchise tag which he isn't and of course, like you said... Snead isn't Surtain.