• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What if this trade actually happened...

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes again, you've misunderstood.
AT THE TIME KOBE WAS THE BETTER OPTION-clearly stated by his accomplishments that immediately followed in comparison to LBJ's lack of winning at that time.

Hence, my questions.

I just was following your logic along the lines of Kobe saying that he was never going to Cleveland. That's why my questions were regarding how the FO of Cleveland would be at fault. Of course if you had the chance to get Prime Kobe, you do it. That's not even a question.

If Kobe for Lebron was discussed, it means the Cleveland FO entertained the idea. I don't consider that as being up his ass.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence, my questions.

I just was following your logic along the lines of Kobe saying that he was never going to Cleveland. That's why my questions were regarding how the FO of Cleveland would be at fault. Of course if you had the chance to get Prime Kobe, you do it. That's not even a question.

If Kobe for Lebron was discussed, it means the Cleveland FO entertained the idea. I don't consider that as being up his ass.
So then did you miss the part of the article where they said NO, James wan't on the table-even if they were to get Kobe in return? Did you read that article?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then did you miss the part of the article where they said NO, James wan't on the table-even if they were to get Kobe in return? Did you read that article?

No I did not. I thought this was a carry over from a previous thread where I read in that post that Kobe had said he wouldn't have agreed to go to Cleveland. Didn't mention anything there, so I carried that over to this one.

But can you really, I mean really, fault an organization for not wanting to trade a 22 year old who was coming off a season where he averaged 31.1 pts, 6.6 assist, and 7.0 rebounds a game?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I did not. I thought this was a carry over from a previous thread where I read in that post that Kobe had said he wouldn't have agreed to go to Cleveland. Didn't mention anything there, so I carried that over to this one.

But can you really, I mean really, fault an organization for not wanting to trade a 22 year old who was coming off a season where he averaged 31.1 pts, 6.6 assist, and 7.0 rebounds a game?
I wouldn't have then, probably not but in the recent future the Cavs have given up their #1 pick for an older player that hadn't won much of anything which made me wonder how they could've dismissed such an offer like Kobe was the 12th man on the bench. LOL

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I'm know that rookies can't have no-trade clauses-and also know they weren't very commen back then.
But my point wasn't the fact he didn't have a no-trade clause. My comment was from a perspective of Kobe having the control in his OWN contract to decline that trade which has zero to do with LBJ's options.

And you kinda missed my point about him being great & leaving & how they tied together. Basically I was saying they were so far up his butt to realize there were better options out there than him at that time (hence the line of how Kobe went to 3 consecutive Finals winning two-back to back) -and how funny it was that he didn't show the same patience in terms of growth and bolted to Miami. I could go on to about his disasterous "Decision" on national TV but I think most get the point.

First off, not one superstar wants to go to Cleveland. Secondly, I guess you don't realize it wouldn't have mattered what superstar came to Cleveland at that time, they weren't winning, not with the players around them as a whole or coaching staff. Maybe this is why they "were so far up his butt". They knew he was one of the greatest players and to find a caliber player that loved Cleveland as much as he did is rare and might never happen again.

I would like to see any superstar carry his team like Lebron did year after year, the front office with the inability to surround good to great players around him and see if he stays in a situation like that. Especially, with everyone putting pressure on him like they did from when he was young, saying he can only be so great if he doesn't win. He spent 7 seasons in Cleveland and they couldn't put anything around him, if that isn't frustrating I don't know what is.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes again, you've misunderstood.
AT THE TIME KOBE WAS THE BETTER OPTION-clearly stated by his accomplishments that immediately followed in comparison to LBJ's lack of winning at that time.

It wouldn't have mattered, Kobe wasn't winning anything in Cleveland lol. Lebron would most likely have more titles to his credit paired with Shaq and that supporting cast. Imagine, Lebron under Phil's wing. Phil is probably still coaching there if Lebron is a Laker, honestly.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, not one superstar wants to go to Cleveland. Secondly, I guess you don't realize it wouldn't have mattered what superstar came to Cleveland at that time, they weren't winning, not with the players around them as a whole or coaching staff. Maybe this is why they "were so far up his butt". They knew he was one of the greatest players and to find a caliber player that loved Cleveland as much as he did is rare and might never happen again.

I would like to see any superstar carry his team like Lebron did year after year, the front office with the inability to surround good to great players around him and see if he stays in a situation like that. Especially, with everyone putting pressure on him like they did from when he was young, saying he can only be so great if he doesn't win. He spent 7 seasons in Cleveland and they couldn't put anything around him, if that isn't frustrating I don't know what is.
What you and many Cavs fans don't understand is that LBJ just isn't good at picking his supporting cast. Period. The only time he won was when he was CHOSEN to go to Miami vs. him recruiting players to come to him. We can't say who would've or would not have gone to Cleveland when we consider other stars' recruiting skills.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wouldn't have mattered, Kobe wasn't winning anything in Cleveland lol. Lebron would most likely have more titles to his credit paired with Shaq and that supporting cast. Imagine, Lebron under Phil's wing. Phil is probably still coaching there if Lebron is a Laker, honestly.
So now because LBJ couldn't win in Cleveland that automatically becomes true for ANY star in the league?

And, LBJ DID have Shaq in Cleveland and couldn't win then either. Just stop.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doubt it. Firstly Lebron wouldn't want to play second fiddle to Shaq and secondly there's no way in hell Phil would let Lebron dictate the teams like he has done for the last decade.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you and many Cavs fans don't understand is that LBJ just isn't good at picking his supporting cast. Period. The only time he won was when he was CHOSEN to go to Miami vs. him recruiting players to come to him. We can't say who would've or would not have gone to Cleveland when we consider other stars' recruiting skills.

:laugh3:

I guess you don't know how many guys Lebron recruited to come to Cleveland...bc it was a shit ton. They just didn't want to live in Cleveland, the bottomline. Not one top player wants to go to Cleveland, the only reason Love went there is bc Lebron recruited him and they actually had a team around him this team around.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt it. Firstly Lebron wouldn't want to play second fiddle to Shaq and secondly there's no way in hell Phil would let Lebron dictate the teams like he has done for the last decade.

I think you mean Kobe lol, bc that's exactly what happened when Kobe was there. Lebron has always been a team player. Lebron has never had a great coach, so there is no way of knowing. But if Phil dictated MJ, I guarantee he could dicatte whoever the fuck he wanted, plus Lebron was still young then.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now because LBJ couldn't win in Cleveland that automatically becomes true for ANY star in the league?

And, LBJ DID have Shaq in Cleveland and couldn't win then either. Just stop.

Shaq in his prime?? Better rethink that one. Shaq was all but gone when he was in Cleveland, stop trolling lol.

Recent history has proven star or even all-star players will not go to Cleveland.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq in his prime?? Better rethink that one. Shaq was all but gone when he was in Cleveland, stop trolling lol.

Recent history has proven star or even all-star players will not go to Cleveland.
wait? lol....she is trying to disparage lebron because he did not win with an ancient, bloated shaq that was actually hurt for a good amount of that season with a thumb injury?

DELUSIONAL.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wait? lol....she is trying to disparage lebron because he did not win with an ancient, bloated shaq that was actually hurt for a good amount of that season with a thumb injury?

DELUSIONAL.

There was a reason I would disregard all her posts lol. But everyone else is one that doesn't understand :scratch:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you mean Kobe lol, bc that's exactly what happened when Kobe was there. Lebron has always been a team player. Lebron has never had a great coach, so there is no way of knowing. But if Phil dictated MJ, I guarantee he could dicatte whoever the fuck he wanted, plus Lebron was still young then.

That's because lebron has always picked the teams...

You think that would be the case on Phils team?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just stop it. I didn't say Shaq was in his prime while in Cleveland. As a matter of fact YOU were the one that mentioned Shaq to begin with.

My point was that LBJ doesn't know how to pick talent. Funny though how all of a sudden you want to agree that no stars want to go to Cleveland...something ALL other fans have been saying all along.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shaq was long gone by 2007. He would have been playing with Kwame Brown.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a reason I would disregard all her posts lol. But everyone else is one that doesn't understand :scratch:
I mean I don't remember complaining when you didn't interact & I don't recall asking your opinion this time either. :nono: