• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What I want the Bears to look like next year

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is assuming we finish 10-6 (my current prediction) and have the #24 pick overall

QB - McCown
RB - Forte and Bush
WR - Marshall
WR - Jeffery
WR - Bennett
TE - Bennett
LT - Bushrod
LG - Slauson
C - Grasu (3rd round pick)
RG - Long
RT - Mills

LE - Wooton
NT - Melton
RE - Peppers
LOLB - Shea
MLB - Williams
MLB - Bostic
ROLB - Briggs
LCB - Jennings
RCB - Roby (1st round pick)
FS - Conte
SS - Peanut

Draft would go as follows:
1st: Bradley Roby (Ohio State)
2nd: A.J. McCarron (Alabama)
3rd: Hroniss Grasu (Oregon)
4th: Tre Boston (UNC)

I don't know enough to comment on later rounds, but tell me what you think. I know it's way too early, but I love the fact that the offense doesn't need much work, and the defense can be the focus of the next couple of drafts.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just sad that people actually think McCown has outperformed Cutler.

Downright sad.

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New-font-b-Clown-b-font-Bear-Mascot-font-b-Costume-b-font-Halloween-font-b.jpg

GreenNickle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a sexually depraved Bobcat stripping a buckeye of his manhood

I don't think the NFL Front Office will allow for that, but they make teams wear pink for a month so you might have a shot.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melton isn't a 3-4 nose tackle. You better draft 1 of those also.
Jay will be our QB.
Read on this board where Peanut doesn't want to move to safety. Better draft 1 those also.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just sad that people actually think McCown has outperformed Cutler.

Downright sad.

Point out where I said McCown has outperformed Cutler. I'll wait. I don't think Cutler, who hasn't gotten through a full season in recent memory, and who is a borderline top 10 QB when healthy, is worth the money that it's going to take to sign him.

I don't think that team would make the playoffs, I think we need a season or two to build up the defense to the point where it could match the talent on offense, and we could be legitimate SB contenders. As of now, I don't see any way, even if we win the division, that we beat SF/CAR at home, then go to NO, then go to SEA and win all those games.

Rush

DA DA DA DADA DA DA DA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would genuinely love the Roby pick, with Tillman aging, we definitely need it

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you be a Wisconsin fan and want Roby? Did you see the way Abbredaris tore him apart? If he is giving up 200 yards with help to the only WR with over 7 catches, how is he gonna handle Jordy Nelson or (shudders) Calvin Johnson?

There's a reason he's shifted from a top 10 prospect to a late 1st-early 2nd. He's not playing well at all.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you be a Wisconsin fan and want Roby? Did you see the way Abbredaris tore him apart? If he is giving up 200 yards with help to the only WR with over 7 catches, how is he gonna handle Jordy Nelson or (shudders) Calvin Johnson?

There's a reason he's shifted from a top 10 prospect to a late 1st-early 2nd. He's not playing well at all.

I agree Roby looked bad against the Badgers, but he still has the speed, athleticism to be a good corner in the NFL. I thought about putting Clinton-Dix in there instead, but from what I've read about him he probably won't be there when we pick (assuming we aren't in the top 20).

C

cubzzzfanincali

I'm on the fence about signing Cutler. I think he is worth maybe up to $17 million or so per year over maybe 5 years but that's about it. I wouldn't like to see him get $20.

Drafting a CB would be fine with me, but Tillman stays at CB next year. All this talk of Tillman at safety (especially strong safety, a position he is completely unsuited for) is a) wrong, and b) fantasy because neither he nor the coaching staff thinks that's going to happen (which has something to do with a)). But we still need a CB for the future, and given we are probably drafting somewhere between 12-22, we should wind up with a pretty good one. Of course if someone great on D line falls to us that would be fine too.

No Paea? And so you'd keep Peppers at that huge price tag? I'd like to see Julius back but only if he renegotiates....otherwise they should cut him.

C

cubzzzfanincali

incidentally a 3-4 D line of Wootton Melton and Peppers would get totally demolished as a 3-4 front. Those guys are fast gap-shooters, not big 2 gap guys. Our best 3-4 D line candidate currently on the roster is Paea.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is assuming we finish 10-6 (my current prediction) and have the #24 pick overall

QB - McCown
RB - Forte and Bush
WR - Marshall
WR - Jeffery
WR - Bennett
TE - Bennett
LT - Bushrod
LG - Slauson
C - Grasu (3rd round pick)
RG - Long
RT - Mills

LE - Wooton
NT - Melton
RE - Peppers
LOLB - Shea
MLB - Williams
MLB - Bostic
ROLB - Briggs
LCB - Jennings
RCB - Roby (1st round pick)
FS - Conte
SS - Peanut

Draft would go as follows:
1st: Bradley Roby (Ohio State)
2nd: A.J. McCarron (Alabama)
3rd: Hroniss Grasu (Oregon)
4th: Tre Boston (UNC)

I don't know enough to comment on later rounds, but tell me what you think. I know it's way too early, but I love the fact that the offense doesn't need much work, and the defense can be the focus of the next couple of drafts.

DOnt know anything about college or drafts, but I like your lineup there. dont think McCown will lose many games due to mistakes and gunslinging.

I do like the center we got in this draft to replace garza though, Taylor boggs. He was always downfield with the running back after long gains, first to pick him up and just being in the neighborhood of the tackled runner 10 yards down field means he made his block and moved forward.

I really dont know how long the rookies stay on the right side though. If they are the best two they might end up on the left side. Might not be next year, but it might happen in the next few. Kyle Long might even be asked to move to tackle. The only reason he is at guard is just experience since has 5 college and 10 pro games under his belt. We might have Long and Mills as our tackles.

Peanut wont play safety, even though its the best move for us and him. He wants to go out a corner, which means he might go out. Major Wright is a free agent, I think they use any money to get a safety or two.

You did it with players we have and the draft though, so throwing money at cutler might happen anyway.

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a big fan of Roby. Don't get me wrong, I think he'll have a good career. But something about him doesn't sit well with me. If we go CB in the 1st, I'd like one of the Florida CB's or possibly wait until 2/3 and get Dennard from MSU.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DOnt know anything about college or drafts, but I like your lineup there. dont think McCown will lose many games due to mistakes and gunslinging.

I do like the center we got in this draft to replace garza though, Taylor boggs. He was always downfield with the running back after long gains, first to pick him up and just being in the neighborhood of the tackled runner 10 yards down field means he made his block and moved forward.

I really dont know how long the rookies stay on the right side though. If they are the best two they might end up on the left side. Might not be next year, but it might happen in the next few. Kyle Long might even be asked to move to tackle. The only reason he is at guard is just experience since has 5 college and 10 pro games under his belt. We might have Long and Mills as our tackles.

Peanut wont play safety, even though its the best move for us and him. He wants to go out a corner, which means he might go out. Major Wright is a free agent, I think they use any money to get a safety or two.

You did it with players we have and the draft though, so throwing money at cutler might happen anyway.

[YOUTUBE]-U7_i****jc[/YOUTUBE]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U7_i****jc

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hopes for next year. (Right now anyway) 1. keep this offense together, minus Garza/Bush. 2. Cut Peppers. 3. Draft D. 4. Punter,get one. 5. Fuck Mel Tucker 6. really fuck Mel Tucker. 7. Did I mention fuck Mel Tucker. 8. Mel Tucker, fuck that guy. 9. Trade McClellen to a 3-4 team and move on. 10. Backup long snapper, huge need. It's killing us this year. Making the whole front 7 of the Defense look bad.

GreenNickle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wisconsin always has a wr that tears up Ohio State
From Al Toon to abbazabbaderis