• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What happens to the Bills vs. Bengals game?

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its going to be a no contest. Think about it in the Bills perspective...

* Get back on the plane to Cincinnati.
* Start the game and spot the ball a few inches to the right from where Hamlin needed CPR and was technically dead and had to be revived at. Play on.

It's asinine, insane, all of it is lunacy. No contest.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its going to be a no contest. Think about it in the Bills perspective...

* Get back on the plane to Cincinnati.
* Start the game and spot the ball a few inches to the right from where Hamlin needed CPR and was technically dead and had to be revived at. Play on.

It's asinine, insane, all of it is lunacy. No contest.
If you give it another week it could make sense. Let the Bills play the patsies this weekend at home. They'll play for their buddy I know I would.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My solution is still the best I've seen. Maybe I should call GoodelL

1. Play only NFC finale games this wknd, plus the Buffy/Cincy game. No other AFC games will be played.

2. Play all the AFC finale games next wknd.

* The networks still get their fill of games both weekends.

Playoffs are pushed back one week, and begin on Saturday, 1/21.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upending the entire schedule seems like bending over backwards to help Buffalo

Tie is the easiest, cleanest way to do it
Understand also that Troy Vincent played for Buffalo.
League office is in New York - get it?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This very well could happen Chiefs win and both Bengals and Bills lose due to players not being able to focus on the task at hand after seeing someone almost die in front of them. Not easy to just put that on the back burner and move along.
NFL has to make a decision before the weekends games IMO either a tie or just a canceled game are the only options IMO.
Ever been in combat?????

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be the surprisingly honorable thing to do. I think most of us expected the worst from the NFL. I suppose the next question is: Would they resume from point of suspension or start a new game?
my first thought is you need to pick up the game where it left off, but there are potential issues with that. In particular, there were players who were inactive, some due to injury. Especially with another game being played in-between, players who were healthy during that game might now be injured. OTOH, it's not really fair to the Bengals to wipe out their 7-3 lead.

IMO a reasonable compromise is to allow both teams to re-select their 45 man active rosters for the game, but pick it up where it left off 7-3.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they m
I think the best plan is to push the playoffs back a week and say it will give the players time rest up and get healthy. Then play cincy vs Buffalo on the bye week if it affects who gets the 1 seed, HFA in game 1, or makes the playoff. If they are playing because seeding is not decided, but HFA is, cancel it and keep the bye.
If they make it up I like this the best.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose the next question is: Would they resume from point of suspension or start a new game?

ARTICLE 8. INTERRUPTED GAME

If, under emergency circumstances, an interrupted regular-season or post-season game cannot be completed on the same day, such game will be rescheduled by the Commissioner and resumed at that point.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This solution leaves the networks out in the cold for your bye week. With mine, they get their games each wknd.
I don’t really care about the networks. They don’t even need to televise it.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what happens every time Goodell needs to make a decision. He doesn't. Whether it's a suspension for substance abuse involving just one guy, some guy(s) acting like big schoolboys, or something like this that affects multiple teams, Goodell ALWAYS waits before making a decision.

As fans, we deserve a better Commissioner.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL has said the game will not take place this week. The Bills are scheduled to play the Patriots on Sunday and the Bengals are scheduled to play the Ravens. This is a tough call, but I think these are the best options:

1. Give both the Bills and Bengals the W for the game, and move on.
2. Schedule the wildcard games for a week later.
3. Just cancel the game, and give the Chiefs the #1 spot if they beat the Raiders.

What do you guys think?

What do I think.......??

Wellback in about 2013,I sent 3 guys home from 15 minutes before I left(I work construction and ran jobs),I go a different route to go to another school so the new guys could get fingerprinted,an hour or 2 passes,I get a phone call,the 3 guys I sent home got into a head on collision killing 2 and the 3rd spends 2 months in the icu......That had me distraught fir a long time thinking I should of had them leave the same time I did and it would not of taken place......My boss closed the shop for 5 days.......
When we went back to work,I had to load up their tools at days end to take back so their families could pick them up.......you know how tough that is??....And for 2 months we drove right by the crash site twice a day and look at the crosses a family friend built for a memorial.....and all that time,I keot wishing I would of told them to leave 5 mins later....it was tough to take.
You pick up the pieces and move on,life does not stop.......

Hamlin most likley has an underlying heart condition that no one knew he had.....Its not even the tackle he made on Higgins that put him in cardiac arrest.......pick up the pieces and move on......play the game like Hamlin like would of wanted/ wants( he gonna live).....
Honor him by having either a sewn on jersey patch or a sticker on the helmets in his honor.......

That game needs to be played because of the implications of it......but no one has brought up the what happens if it comes down to the Bills,/ Bengaks playing against each other in the playoffs.......??

Goodell calls this past game a tie,where does Buffalo get hfa??........thats just plain dumb to even think.........

Goodell,who's an idiot to begin with,should ask the Bengals first and foremost if they want it played out....Cincy had the lead and was driving otheir 2nd possesion,plus theyre the ones losing out if they dont......they win,that puts them in the 2nd seed......if Cincy says yes,lacem up,game on.
Then ask Buffalo if they wanna play it out......theres a chance for them to get the no.1 seed,slim,and those chances do happen......

And last but not least,if you guys were in Hamlins place,would you want your teammates to play,or sit around to sulk and cry on your behalf..........??

I know what Id say......

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This would be the dumbest fucking outcome they could do. It's completely nonsensical.

It completely fucks over the NFC #1 seed for no reason with 2 straight weeks off.

Just push the start of the entire playoffs back a week if they must. Or better yet just declare the Bengals-Bills game no contest and move on.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cannot even begin to describe what a terrible idea this is

If you wouldn’t do this for Texans broncos you shouldnt be doing it now imo

Ymmv
Why you satisfy everyone? Even the networks would be happy.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be the dumbest fucking outcome they could do. It's completely nonsensical.

It completely fucks over the NFC #1 seed for no reason with 2 straight weeks off.

Just push the start of the entire playoffs back a week if they must. Or better yet just declare the Bengals-Bills game no contest and move on.

What are they playing for,uhm like the Bengals win,that puts them at no.2 seed and if the Bills and Bengaks meet,someone would need to know who has hfa.....game needs played........

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You forget that you also have to satisfy the networks. No one should complain about extra time off right now. It's a compromise.