• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What ever happened to the Dream Team comparison?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is all that you heard about on ESPN last week. If they said anything about the USA Baskeball team this year, they had the comparison.

Now they talk about Team USA vs Brazil, it's about how they will need to play better or different. I know other countries are now better at basketball than they were then, but there really is no comparison.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know Jerms. I guess Im one of the few guys that thinks Kobe is right. The 92 team was legendary and packed brim full with HOFers but that team was old as hell. Alot of those guys were well past their prime and their guards were pretty slow other than MJ. I think that a lot of how that game would turn out would be absed on the rules they played by. In the early 90's you could hand check like a mother and nothing got called. Now if you do that you fould out in about 8 minutes. I dont see anyway the 92 team could guard the PG or the 3 spot of this years team and James ( while I hate him) would be a HUGE mathcup nightmare for the 92 team. The originals would have a big advantage inside IMO but I think the game would be razor close. I give this years team the advantage at PG and the 3, the 92 team the advantage at 4 and 5 and the 2 spot is a tossup. MJ vs Kobe is close but this years team has a better backup in Durant vs Drexler.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the team as constructed would beat them. However, if everyone who committed was fully healthy (Derrick Rose, Dwight Howard, Dwyane Wade, Chis Bosh), then I think it would then become a very serious debate.