• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do we have to do to lock up the Atlantic?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious after CSN pointed out how important division is.

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just between the Flyers and Penguins. Flyers are 6 points ahead and both have played 71 games. With 11 remaining, it will probably come down to the last week of the season before the Atlantic is clinched by either team. So to answer your question, keep winning

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just between the Flyers and Penguins. Flyers are 6 points ahead and both have played 71 games. With 11 remaining, it will probably come down to the last week of the season before the Atlantic is clinched by either team. So to answer your question, keep winning

- - -

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Thursday is taking on a whole new meaning now.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive said it once and I'll say it again. I fucking hate those people across state. SO LET'S FUCKING SHOW EM.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious after CSN pointed out how important division is.

With 10 games left for the Penguins, they have a maximum of 20 points sitting out there. Flyers are 6 points ahead, so their magic number for the division is 14 (20-6), assuming the Flyers maintain the tiebreaker (up 5 in ROW). Those 14 can be any combination of Flyers points or points the Penguins squander. A regulation win on Thursday for either team is a 4 point swing in the magic number.

Best case scenario, meaning the Penguins lose every game in regulation and the Flyers win every game, the division would be clinched a few hours before the Boston game next Sunday.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, thanks. I just want to be able to follow of our mini division race.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic number is currently 12 (assuming 6 of those come from 3 non-shootout wins). The Pens have 8 games to play at 94 points, so the most they could possibly reach is 110 points. The Flyers have 9 games to play at 98 points, so 12 points would put us at 110, and since we are 5 games ahead in non-shootout wins, we would very likely take the tiebreaker.

The remaining games for each team are as follows:

Philly:
@NYI
Boston
@Pitt
Atlanta
@NJ
NYR
@Ottawa
@Buffalo
NYI

That's 5 games against teams that probably aren't making the playoffs - Atlanta is 7 points out with 9 to play, and the Devils, Islanders, and Senators aren't going to win. Boston is pretty much a lock but probably wants to improve its seed or at least not lose the division to the Habs, so they will probably play it tough, and the Rangers have a chance to move up with some wins, but are unlikely to fall out of the playoffs barring a major collapse. I like us against them, if only for the revenge factor after that stomping we took last time. The Sabres are in a fight for their playoff lives, though, and we play them as their last home game and second to last regular season game, so they are going to come out firing. The Pens are by far the most important though, because as mentioned earlier, a win for us is a four point cut into that magic number, fully one third of the swing. I think the most likely scenario at this point is to take 3 of the 5 against non-playoff teams, and 1 of the 3 against Boston/NYR/Buffalo. Add that to a win against Pitt, which is by no means a certainty, and the Flyers likely have the Atlantic. Lose that game to the Pens, though, and they probably need to take 2 of 3 on the playoff teams. We don't really have an option if we want to win the Atlantic, though. We almost need that game against Pitt, or to go 6-2-0 in the other 8, and I don't have confidence we can do that right now.

Pittsburgh:
NJ
Florida
Philly
@Tampa
@Florida
NJ
@NYI
@Atlanta

That's 6 games against teams which are probably not making the playoffs. One game against Tampa, who can't really move up in seeding but doesn't want to drop, and again, the big game against the Flyers. That's a pretty good schedule at this point in the year, though two things to point out. The Devils are better than their record, and they play the in Atlanta on their final day of the season. If Atlanta makes a run, that game will likely be playoff hockey for them. I honestly think the Pens will go 6-2-0 or so, which is fine if one of the 2 is the Flyers. Otherwise things get interesting, and that's not an adjective I like when we are AHEAD.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel that a regulation loss to the Pens would hand them the division. It shouldn't come down to that since we have two games in hand, I just think it will sadly. A win tonight is paramount regardless. Lose tonight and you might as well forget about a division title. Points really don't matter right now, it's wins that matter. Win the fucking game at the end of the day. That's all there is to it.

Keeping the game from going to a fucking shootout might increase our chances for a win...lol The Pens are living off of the shootout these days. It'll be a damn shame if they pass us based off of that fact alone. Pittsburgh can't score any goals though. I have to think that they'll lose a couple tight games down the stretch based on that fact.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunatley shootout wins wont help them in a tie in the standings, and that there aren't any in the playoffs :)

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fortunatley shootout wins wont help them in a tie in the standings, and that there aren't any in the playoffs :)

Pens fans aren't anywhere near the panic button, but they probably should be. 2 goals in the last 220+ minutes for them, over half of which came against non-playoff teams. That's not winning hockey.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They think that a Crosby return is going to make them the same team they were in 2009. Even with him back he is still going to be a player that just got back from a concussion. Not to mention Malkin will still be out.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Pens are finally getting semi healthy. I dont think Sid is going to turn them in to the 2009 team but it will allow the Pens to switch from a defensive minded game plan to atleast a more offensive minded game. Winning is winning and right now we will take them however they can get them.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont see how Sid will make the Pens more offensive minded. I doubt he will be bringing too much offense to the table for the rest of this year.

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I just dont see how Sid will make the Pens more offensive minded. I doubt he will be bringing too much offense to the table for the rest of this year.

He has sat out an extended period and only time will tell if/when he comes back where he is. There is still plenty of reason to be excited as a Pens fan. I am sure if the roles were reverse and your team was winning and 2nd in points in the conf with the best player in the league returning you wouldnt be pushing the panic button.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has sat out an extended period and only time will tell if/when he comes back where he is. There is still plenty of reason to be excited as a Pens fan. I am sure if the roles were reverse and your team was winning and 2nd in points in the conf with the best player in the league returning you wouldnt be pushing the panic button.

Not really. I think we have a better overall team, we beat you with sid and geno so what is he superman all of a sudden. trust me the pens cane be beat with or without sid,..

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not really. I think we have a better overall team, we beat you with sid and geno so what is he superman all of a sudden. trust me the pens cane be beat with or without sid,..

Not sure what this is about I didnt see anyone make a claim saying the Pens were unbeatable. I just replied to the comment about the Pens fans pushing the panic button.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what this is about I didnt see anyone make a claim saying the Pens were unbeatable. I just replied to the comment about the Pens fans pushing the panic button.

Oh my bad, I miss read your post as we were hitting the Panic button..
I blame this
prague-pot.jpg

and this
landshark_postcard3.jpg

ELYEAH82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I assumed I was beig flamed for being on this board.:target::target::target: