• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do the Raiders do?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but he'll wait until he sees what the Chargers do to consider it. I get the idea that the owners may be trying to push him out of the league. He was definitely the owner with the biggest need and got the least help. That ownership group doesn't want owners that are looking to be taken care of. They want owners like Kroenke that are willing to spend billions to make billions, with a share of those billions lining each owner's pocket.

Sounds like it...I mean why offer LA to SD and give them a yr to figure it out, and this guy is left flapping in the wind...w/o a '16 lease he says.

Not that he's really won anything significant, but the best thing to ever happen to the Falcons was the Rankin Smith family selling the team to Arthur Blank...half of the HomeDepot billionaire duo.

They just didn't have the money to invest in the team...and regularly played in front 40,000...on a good Sunday.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree. The Davis family has not treated their fans all that well. There always seems to be that threat of "We will move the team." He has really isolated the fans and honestly the other owners. From what I understand the Carson project was the one that was more recommended but the other owners didn't want to give Mark Davis the satisfaction of having won a new stadium. The whole his father suing the other owners back in the day still doesn't sit well from what I understand. So I really do think they are stuck between a rock and a hard place right now. Selling the team honestly does make sense.

I was watching something a few weeks back about this and the Carson project was considered because logistically it was supposed to be a good fit for SD area fans and what not, but there was supposed to be NFL funding towards it...once Kronke showed them the money...his money, Carson started dropping out of favor and when they got in the voting room they probably told Spanos...you have an opportunity in Inglewood if you want it.

Yep...Davis should just sell, pocket the profits and move on with his life...NFL ownership is an even more exclusive club these days, and he's in the club by the skin of his teeth it sounds like.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what they do as long as they don't come to Los Angeles. I think one team per city is enough. Spread the wealth around so other cities can root for a home team

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree. The Davis family has not treated their fans all that well. There always seems to be that threat of "We will move the team." He has really isolated the fans and honestly the other owners. From what I understand the Carson project was the one that was more recommended but the other owners didn't want to give Mark Davis the satisfaction of having won a new stadium. The whole his father suing the other owners back in the day still doesn't sit well from what I understand. So I really do think they are stuck between a rock and a hard place right now. Selling the team honestly does make sense.
There is a scripture in the bible: The sins of the father are the sins of the son unto the third generation.

And that sums it up this week by the NFL owners

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Raiders will get more than $100 mil the NFL. They are going to get a large chunk of that $500 mil relocation fee money.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raiders will be a playoff team in a couple years. Any city would be lucky to have them.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Davis was seen leaving the owners meeting in a taxi cab.

BOSS.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like the prospect of having them down here in San Diego... although, they do have plenty of fans down here. If the Chargers leave, SD could be a possible destination.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with finding a business partner right now is the fact that the Raiders have burned some major bridges with the city. I remember when the Broncos got a new stadium they had partners lining up around the block for the chance to have their name on the stadium. Denver though is all about the Broncos. Oakland right now just doesn't seem to care whether the team stays or goes. It is why I think Mark Davis would find other cities a little more welcoming right now.

Oakland is a dump of a city. Building a new stadium in that crime infested dump is like putting a diamond on a pile of shit. It ranks up there with the NFL tripping over themselves to put a NFL franchise back in a dying city like Cleveland. And who in the hell would want to invest millions in anything run by Mark Davis? It's been a mediocre team for decades and their ownership is a joke. Unless the NFL has the balls to force Davis to sell the Raiders to real owner, this crapfest will continue.

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers will most likely share their stadium with the raiders. They have made that offer and it makes sense to me that they will agree to do it for a small period of time. It gives the Yorks a lot of money and the Raiders will be close to home and can save up to build their own stadium.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the problem with the Raiders: Al Davis pissed a lot of people off trying to force the NFL to let him move which then he did and then when his plans to build a new stadium in Inglewood, got saddled with the NFL wanting a second team in the same building, he packed up and left back to Oakland. Unfortunately not many cities if any are willing to spend money on the Raiders who are deemed worthless