• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What BPA may mean for Lions in 2015.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can we at least talk about the 1st rd talent of a LS or clipboard holder then

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's way too early in the process but my thinking is, regarding pick #23 and the slight possibility of who "might be available", isn't that long of a list.. worthy of consideration

DT Shelton should be long gone... Possibly Goldman and Malcom Brown left

CB's Waynes, PJ Williams and Kevin Johnson possibly available (2 of these 3 could be gone)

OT's La'el Collins and Erick Flowers (either could be an upgrade of Waddle/Lucas, plus Collins @ LG)

OC/OG Cameron Erving (played LT and then switched to C after game 6/7, ? why he's #1 rated C)

DE Alvin "Bud" Dupree should be long gone also

OLB Shaq Thompson (similar athleticism/skill-set and last years #16 pick ryan shazier)

RB's Gordon and Coleman

wr's te, ilb I discounted.... seems like a lot to pick from but maybe the likes of Shelton, Dupree, Flowers, Collins, Waynes, Williams, Thompson all gone by #23 :noidea:..... all purely speculation

leaving possibly Goldman, Brown, Johnson, Erving, Gordon and Coleman

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no talking about trading up or down, amirite ?

just wanna know the rules

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When "deep" classifies a group in any draft, my thoughts are that the players at the top of that list are very good because they lead the group and the guys after them present "some" value and a decent shot for teams to aquire one. I want the best out of the group rather than to take a chance to see what happens later in those cases.

If its a position of need, Im right with you.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bush has been in the league for 10 years, right ?.......... shelf life gone ? ......savings of 3.5 M if he's a post June 1st cut ? new wheels in back-field for an upgrade possibly ?

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
has a short shelf life
you know what doesn't have a short shelf life??...twinkies and crack, both delicious but not particularly good for your health

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only crack that I'd want would be delicious and good for my health...... but then again I've never had to use gum as a masking agent for the crack that I've had....

you can find the answer to the gum clue in the NSFW

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can find the answer to the gum clue in the NSFW
Well, I am at work so I cant. And its never safe for me at work anyway. Although I'm entering my 6th year without having gotten any death threats so things are looking up.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I am at work so I cant. And its never safe for me at work anyway. Although I'm entering my 6th year without having gotten any death threats so things are looking up.

Well... I was just about to ask if you'd read the email I sent you this afternoon, but your post answers that question pretty sufficiently...

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BPA - OBJ

Sorry that ship sailed and any WR would only pale in comparison IMO.

The Lions need help on both lines so I fully expect to see Detroit draft Melvin Gordon!

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's way too early in the process but my thinking is, regarding pick #23 and the slight possibility of who "might be available", isn't that long of a list.. worthy of consideration

DT Shelton should be long gone... Possibly Goldman and Malcom Brown left

CB's Waynes, PJ Williams and Kevin Johnson possibly available (2 of these 3 could be gone)

OT's La'el Collins and Erick Flowers (either could be an upgrade of Waddle/Lucas, plus Collins @ LG)

OC/OG Cameron Erving (played LT and then switched to C after game 6/7, ? why he's #1 rated C)

DE Alvin "Bud" Dupree should be long gone also

OLB Shaq Thompson (similar athleticism/skill-set and last years #16 pick ryan shazier)

RB's Gordon and Coleman

wr's te, ilb I discounted.... seems like a lot to pick from but maybe the likes of Shelton, Dupree, Flowers, Collins, Waynes, Williams, Thompson all gone by #23 :noidea:..... all purely speculation

leaving possibly Goldman, Brown, Johnson, Erving, Gordon and Coleman

I would be OK with Brown as well. He would be my next choice at DT. He is a complete player and has more upside left.

I would not be surprised if 2 of those CBs are gone by our pick, but most likely 1 will still be there. I know Waynes will be for sure. Williams might go too. There will be some jockeying. JOhnson could drop back to us in round 2. I like Quentin Rollins though.

I like Erving and would love to have him, but at 23rd it might be reaching. Problem is he may not be there at 55.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should say Waynes will be gone for sure

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of people won't agree, but we might be wise to target a WR in the early rounds. There's a lot of 1st round talent at WR this year, so if that pushes a good WR to us in the 2nd, that wouldn't be the worst move in the world.

One intriguing 2nd round prospect that should stir up some debate is Dorial Green-Beckham. He and CJ on edges with Tate underneath working the middle would have defenses on their heels. Add a big bruising back to take advantage of soft 6 man boxes and we could be tough to stop. But we gotta draft lineman to make it all tick. Lots of linemen. Both sides of the ball. Build the trenches, win the game.

A tackle/guard in the 1st, DGB in the 2nd, TJ Yeldon in the 3rd, and a guard/tackle in the 4th and I'd be a happy camper. That would neglect the defense, but look for DTs and CBs to groom with the rest of the picks and I'm thrilled with that hypothetical scenario. Maybe a free agent guard or tackle lets us go CB or DT in the 1st round, I'd be happy with that as well. I like the offensive skill guys, but we've got the studs, so 2nd and 3rd round guys to fill the gaps are fine now, take OL, DL, or CB in the 1st round to build the core...

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Corey Hilliard will make it back. I was not fond of him but he did win the starting job. If he is gone with Raiola and hopefully Sims, we will be needing some serious O-line depth. So you may be right that we will draft multiple O-line. Maybe even 3.

I don't think we need a bruising back. Bell is more than good enough as long as the O-line actually blocks. The few times they did, Bell made defenders look silly.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How frequently did the death threats arrive before that?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be mad about taking a WR early at all. I personally think the Lions should build both lines through FA as much as possible to open up the draft. My guess is we roll with our tackles and target a LG. We sign Suh and another DT none of us expect or make Fairley and offer.

Then, in the first round I would look to come out of there with a CB or a RB. That gives you two young, good CBs for the future or a really good RB to throw in the offense. Then, they could just about do anything in the second round. Maybe RT, DE or something.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How frequently did the death threats arrive before that?

I've had two, none of which I took to be credible. One in the summer of 2002 after WorldCom filed bankruptcy. It was an inherited account from a guy who felt I was "too young and lacked the experience to be advising him on an account of his size". So despite my recommendation to "dramatically trim his exposure to the tech sector" which was documented and time stamped when it still traded in the high $30's he felt both me and the firm were responsible for not getting him out of the stock. He made the threat to mgmt, which I was not at the time, and they told him to basically fuck off and sent him the physical certificate shares of every holding he had and fired him as a client. Our internal security called him very aggressively to let him know what he could be facing if they passed it on to the police and the guy started crying I'm told.

The second one was made to me directly and came in 2008, along with thousands of others across the industry. Basically he said that if his future was going to be ruined he would ruin mine as well by coming to the office, shooting me, then jump out the window so his family could recover from his life insurance. I REALLY wanted to tell him that his insurance policy almost certainly had a suicide clause but didn't. He didn't cry but the call he got from both our security team and the local authorities shut him up and he immediately transferred to another firm.

That same summer a guy threatened one of my advisors (I was mgmt at the time) so I called hoping to calm him down and address his problem and he told me he was not only going to kill him, but eat him as well. My manager then called him and he repeated the threat. We had security in the office right at the main doors for two weeks. They couldn't find the guy. South Bend police were actively searching for him. They ended up going to his daughter and told her that he had better report to them immediately or there was going to be problems in how they would classify him. She brought him to the station and he apparently started out acting tough but that didn't last long. He agreed to immediately transfer out, which based on what owned that couldn't transfer because it was proprietary it cost him about $14k to do and that he would never come within 500 feet of any of our offices. His picture was sent to every office even. People are a trip sometimes.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, who threatens to kill and then eat someone? That's the guy I would have taken seriously...

Fuckin' rich people, I tell ya...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be mad about taking a WR early at all. I personally think the Lions should build both lines through FA as much as possible to open up the draft. My guess is we roll with our tackles and target a LG. We sign Suh and another DT none of us expect or make Fairley and offer.

Then, in the first round I would look to come out of there with a CB or a RB. That gives you two young, good CBs for the future or a really good RB to throw in the offense. Then, they could just about do anything in the second round. Maybe RT, DE or something.

Which WRs are catching your eye Yao?