• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What BPA may mean for Lions in 2015.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of people won't agree, but we might be wise to target a WR in the early rounds. There's a lot of 1st round talent at WR this year, so if that pushes a good WR to us in the 2nd, that wouldn't be the worst move in the world.

Wideout always have a value. IMO I would target an outside receiver in the hopes of findings calvin's replacement. Thats if they did go wideout early. But I would let Xanders make the pick as Mayhew has zero ability to identify a good wideout in the draft.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read today that Broyles could still have a place on the team next year.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read today that Broyles could still have a place on the team next year.

Ball boy? Make sure the footballs are inflated properly? Run out and get the kicking tee? Probably not that since another injury would be likely.

On a more serious note if he is back I hope the year off allowed for him to heal right and can make a contribution. He seemed to always find a way to get open. At least in the 6 plays or so he was in before suffering another season ending injury.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, he's one of those guys where injuries just wrecked him before ever getting off the ground. Too bad, seems like a real passionate player.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like White and Parker, Smitty. Either one would be tremendous upgrades over Fuller, IMO. Its not that I think Fuller sucks though.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like White and Parker, Smitty. Either one would be tremendous upgrades over Fuller, IMO. Its not that I think Fuller sucks though.

I didn't see either enough to give much of an opinion. Like their size though.

Parker missing all that time could help us out if he doesn't blow people away at the combine.

On Fuller, he had some flashes. Only had that one TD, but it was as important as any Lions TD last year. I love his speed and definitely don't want to see us give up on him yet. But I won't complain if he has to compete for the third option, or even if Tate had to compete for the second option if things worked out that way somehow.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are damn good WRs. I like Smith from Ohio St. but him and Fuller are similar. I like Fuller and I would still like to keep him in the rotation no matter what.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't anyone discount Fuller just yet... He was on the track team at Vir Tech 1st 2 years before joining the football team for his last two yrs. He had that 1st pro year on PS.... He should breakout next year so long as Stafford targets him

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions need help on both lines so I fully expect to see Detroit draft Melvin Gordon!

TY -- I needed a good laugh today.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know a lot of people won't agree, but we might be wise to target a WR in the early rounds. There's a lot of 1st round talent at WR this year, so if that pushes a good WR to us in the 2nd, that wouldn't be the worst move in the world.

I truly hope they don't, but it wouldn't surprise me to see them draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd after passing on the position last year in a draft they called one of the deepest ever at the position.

Hopefully Detroit drafts OL and DT in the 1st couple rounds. I saw yesterday, the only returning Lion under contract at DT is Caraun Reid for next year. Players like Suh and Fairley (obviously), but also Fluellen, Darryl Tapp, George Johnson, etc. are also not under contract for next year. I know I am missing a player on the DL somewhere that is a FA, but it is slipping my mind.

It would be extremely disappointing to see them go after another shiny toy for the offense. The problem was the offensive line and offensive coordinator. They have as much or more weapons than the overwhelming majority of teams in the NFL.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only problem with a WR is Detroit could address a few positions this year they usually do not like every down back, QB, and Guard. All three could be key and you usually don't find contributors at those positions later in the draft.

And yes a good backup QB would be great to groom instead of retreading guys.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After years of wanting BPA, I now reverse course. Depending on whether the Lions sign a FA DT or not, they are close enough to contending that they need to fill holes instead of building overall talent. BPA for me means BDTA if they need two DT unless a vastly better CB, RT, or DE is available.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like White People, Smitty. Either one would be tremendous upgrades over Fuller, IMO. Its not that I think Fuller sucks though.

WTF is that supposed to mean, Yao?!

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had two, none of which I took to be credible. One in the summer of 2002 after WorldCom filed bankruptcy. It was an inherited account from a guy who felt I was "too young and lacked the experience to be advising him on an account of his size". So despite my recommendation to "dramatically trim his exposure to the tech sector" which was documented and time stamped when it still traded in the high $30's he felt both me and the firm were responsible for not getting him out of the stock. He made the threat to mgmt, which I was not at the time, and they told him to basically fuck off and sent him the physical certificate shares of every holding he had and fired him as a client. Our internal security called him very aggressively to let him know what he could be facing if they passed it on to the police and the guy started crying I'm told.

The second one was made to me directly and came in 2008, along with thousands of others across the industry. Basically he said that if his future was going to be ruined he would ruin mine as well by coming to the office, shooting me, then jump out the window so his family could recover from his life insurance. I REALLY wanted to tell him that his insurance policy almost certainly had a suicide clause but didn't. He didn't cry but the call he got from both our security team and the local authorities shut him up and he immediately transferred to another firm.

That same summer a guy threatened one of my advisors (I was mgmt at the time) so I called hoping to calm him down and address his problem and he told me he was not only going to kill him, but eat him as well. My manager then called him and he repeated the threat. We had security in the office right at the main doors for two weeks. They couldn't find the guy. South Bend police were actively searching for him. They ended up going to his daughter and told her that he had better report to them immediately or there was going to be problems in how they would classify him. She brought him to the station and he apparently started out acting tough but that didn't last long. He agreed to immediately transfer out, which based on what owned that couldn't transfer because it was proprietary it cost him about $14k to do and that he would never come within 500 feet of any of our offices. His picture was sent to every office even. People are a trip sometimes.

Jesus. The joys of dealing with the general public.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say that shit TP. Lol

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh! So you're saying that you don't like white people, then?

What the fuck, Yao?!

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck all the WR talk. You guys have been Millenized. If Stafford can make due with CJ, Tate, Riddick/bush, Bell and Ebron...

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A glimpse of GV homerism? All the greats adventually get overtaken.

Not he is not Suh. He does seem to have the talent to be in conversation like Geno though.

He'll yeah huge suh fan

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pfft...these stud RBs dont always need the best oline. Not saying that would be the case but running the ball is a skill and some players are just flat out better at doing it. Coleman is a perfect example of this at Indiana.

To me, the Lions should try to get the oline and dline in shape before the draft so that way, they can add more to it in the draft or draft more freely.

95 percent of these guys need space, the difference between the average and good rbs is what the good rbs do with space. The elite rbs which are extremely rare create space.

gvsulaker82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had two, none of which I took to be credible. One in the summer of 2002 after WorldCom filed bankruptcy. It was an inherited account from a guy who felt I was "too young and lacked the experience to be advising him on an account of his size". So despite my recommendation to "dramatically trim his exposure to the tech sector" which was documented and time stamped when it still traded in the high $30's he felt both me and the firm were responsible for not getting him out of the stock. He made the threat to mgmt, which I was not at the time, and they told him to basically fuck off and sent him the physical certificate shares of every holding he had and fired him as a client. Our internal security called him very aggressively to let him know what he could be facing if they passed it on to the police and the guy started crying I'm told.

The second one was made to me directly and came in 2008, along with thousands of others across the industry. Basically he said that if his future was going to be ruined he would ruin mine as well by coming to the office, shooting me, then jump out the window so his family could recover from his life insurance. I REALLY wanted to tell him that his insurance policy almost certainly had a suicide clause but didn't. He didn't cry but the call he got from both our security team and the local authorities shut him up and he immediately transferred to another firm.

That same summer a guy threatened one of my advisors (I was mgmt at the time) so I called hoping to calm him down and address his problem and he told me he was not only going to kill him, but eat him as well. My manager then called him and he repeated the threat. We had security in the office right at the main doors for two weeks. They couldn't find the guy. South Bend police were actively searching for him. They ended up going to his daughter and told her that he had better report to them immediately or there was going to be problems in how they would classify him. She brought him to the station and he apparently started out acting tough but that didn't last long. He agreed to immediately transfer out, which based on what owned that couldn't transfer because it was proprietary it cost him about $14k to do and that he would never come within 500 feet of any of our offices. His picture was sent to every office even. People are a trip sometimes.[/QUOT

Holy shit. Whatever happened to personal responsibility?