• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are your top three all-time Seahawks plays

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is doing an NFLNation bit where each teams fans make a list of the top three plays in franchise history. Sounds like a a pretty fun idea.

Sound-Off Saturday on top 3 plays - Seattle Seahawks Blog - ESPN

From the comment section, almost everyone is in agreement that the top three, in no particular order, are
1. Sherman's Tip
2. BeastQuake
3. Largent's monster hit on Harden
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKHKtkct5Hw&feature=kp

I would have to agree with this top three. Can anyone think of any others?

(I tried to embed the video of Largent's hit and the build up to it but it was a major fail and I gave up after half a dozen attempts)

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honorable mentions

Shawn Alexander setting a new rushing record for TD's in 2005. (And personal favorite the Panther NFC Champ game, mainly because of how much the fans where into it. Seemed a little low against SF last year.)

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honorable mentions

Shawn Alexander setting a new rushing record for TD's in 2005. (And personal favorite the Panther NFC Champ game, mainly because of how much the fans where into it. Seemed a little low against SF last year.)

I'll add this to the honorable mention. I think this was our FIRST MNF game ever. I remember watching this game a kid. Scroll to the 0:55 mark if you don't want to watch the whole video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW0Ll_cVLM4

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is doing an NFLNation bit where each teams fans make a list of the top three plays in franchise history. Sounds like a a pretty fun idea.

From the comment section, almost everyone is in agreement that the top three, in no particular order, are
1. Sherman's Tip
2. BeastQuake

(I tried to embed the video of Largent's hit and the build up to it but it was a major fail and I gave up after half a dozen attempts)

There's the Michael Bates hit on Mel Gray on the opening kickoff, causing Gray to fumble at the 2., I think that was in 1993.

Though not remembered much, there was a TD run by Jon Vaughn where he corkscrewed over the line that was really cool, I believe in 1994.

The Game winner to Sydney Rice against New England.

Richard Sherman pick on ball being thrown away out of bounds.

Lofa Tatupu hit in the NFC Championship game against the Panthers.

There are a lot more, but my minds in a freeze, and I can't find any good video to help me jog my memory.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1. Sherman's Tip
2. BeastQuake

For youtube vids, copy everything after the equals sign in the link:

Ex: https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKHKtkct5Hw copy the bolded

Then hit the youtube button and paste the bolded (spaces added to show text) [YOU TUBE]KKHKtkct5Hw[/YOU TUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For youtube vids, copy everything after the equals sign in the link:

Ex: https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKHKtkct5Hw copy the bolded

Then hit the youtube button and paste the bolded (spaces added to show text) [YOU TUBE]KKHKtkct5Hw[/YOU TUBE]

This was amazing... Harden had it coming after his cheap shot ... JUSTICE!!! What's even cooler was he recovered the fumble.... LOL what a play...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Paul Skansi game-winning catch from Dave Krieg to end the losing streak @Arrowhead '90 ...

I personally favor the Kearse catch in the Superbowl....

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily a "play" but 05 against the Giants when the 12th man caused 11 false starts

Kearse's td catch on 4th down in the NFC Championship

Percy's kickoff return td in the Superbowl

Hasselbeck's coming out party in 02 when he threw for 449 yds 2 tds (ran for 42 yds 1 td) and blitzed the Chargers for 21 pts in the 4th quarter to come back and win the game in OT

Shaun Alexander's 201 yd snow game against GB on MNF

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 10 year losing streak in KC coming to a end ( David Krieg's Last second TD to Skansi on a special day for Thomas ). THIS has to be in there. Those not talking about this play just means they were not Hawks fans back then.

The Largent hit is also a memory i wont forget but is it a top 3 play of all time? no it was just a great revenge play.

1. Beast Quake
2. Krieg to Skansi ( 1990 )
3. I will Say Sherms Seattle swat In the NFCCG.

other great plays include the play that got Paul Allen as the Owner, Pete Carroll as the Head coach and Russell Wilson being drafted ( sure not real plays but they are PLAYS made by this team in one form)

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of greats to choose from. I was a little kid when that Largent play happened, so it's not as fresh in my memory bank as some of the more recent plays, but it's still one of the better hustle plays I've seen.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dr Dan Doornink had some phenomenal catches too!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll add this to the honorable mention. I think this was our FIRST MNF game ever. I remember watching this game a kid. Scroll to the 0:55 mark if you don't want to watch the whole video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW0Ll_cVLM4

Thank you for posting that. That was THE game and THE play that iced me forever as a Seahawk fan in 1978.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BeastQuake
Sherman tip INT

And the 90 yd punt return by Nate Burleson vs. Rams in Nov. 2006.

I was at this game with my dad. It poured rain half the time. Steven Jackson was in his prime and was rolling over us the entire game. One play he literally dragged 4 Seahawks defenders with him over the goal line for a Rams TD.

But we kept clawing and fighting. And when Burleson made this run with 6 min left in the 4th we were sitting around 40 yd line 20 rows back and saw the whole thing unfold. The video doesn't do it justice. It was one of the loudest moments I ever heard at Century Link. Such a great time sharing a football game with Dad that night.

The Seahawks went on to beat the Rams 24-22 on a 38 yd last second FG by Josh Brown. It was nuts after the kick was made, but the Nate Burleson punt return? It felt like an earthquake was happening.

This is the best video I could find of it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkuvZJbGwh8]Nate Burleson Punt Return TD - YouTube[/ame]

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of Course! Thanks Harold, good to see you too!

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
romofumbledsnap-jpg.jpg

I don't know if this qualifies as a "Seahawk" play but it sure made me feel good. It was actually Dallas's play but if the Sherman tip counts then so should this. Boulware (I think) made an outstanding play after the bobble or Romo scores and the Seahawk playoff win becomes less likely. I LOOOOVE this play!!

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[YOUTUBE]watch?v=BDOBejlx7Us[/YOUTUBE]

my all time favorite was beast quake that year when we went 7-9 and still made the playoffs EVERYBODY was dogging us saying we shouldnt be able to go to the playoffs that were the least deserving team to make the playoffs in history and on top of making the playoffs we had 1 game at home etc it was all over sportscenter and sports websites for the entire week...

so we faced the defending super bowl champs and BAM that run down their throats sent the saints marching home....who dat who dat?

WE DAT!!!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Romo botched snap would be #4 for me. I die laughing every time.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't alive to witness it, but what about the Seahawks upset over Dan Marino's Dolphins (1983) in the playoffs after they just went to the Superbowl