• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are the 49ers long-term plan at quarterback?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You're right. You have to watch them play. You should try watching Sanchez play. You'll be amazed when you realize he sucks.

But hey, he can throw farther than Smith. So he's a better QB.

Uh huh. Sure.

LMFAO!!!...Hi, I'm Imac and I don't watch any football at all. I just waddle my ass over to PFF and stare at a blank web page for 12 minutes and suddenly I'm a fucking genius! I can tell you anything you want to know about any player in the history of the NFL because I know what in interception is - and I know them is bad.

Sure kid...

When we acquired Edwards from NY, I was asked to chart his targets from the previous year, so I have seen plenty of Mark Sanchez, specifically every game from 2010 as well as a few (4 or 5) from this year.

He is a better QB then Alex Smith. Like I said lets see where this conversation lands 3 years from now. Perhaps between now and then you can buy a television set.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
u can compare sanchez to smith the year he came back from his injury. similar age and it was basically smith's 3rd year. how exactly is sanchez a better qb? he has superior talent around him and didn't lose a full year and a half with a major injury.

thats not even considering smith was learning a new playbook every single season.

compare sanchez to smith in 3 years? sanchez might not even be a staring qb halfway through next year

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Here, let me be less specific.

Mark Sanchez is better than Alex Smith, Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf.

Do you agree, No; do I care, No

We have already had the conversation about why he is better. You, and Crimsoncrew continue to believe that you can look at a stat sheet and determine a players talent - you can't. You have to watch them play.

Who is relying on stats? Sanchez's completion percentage has come up at times to support the observation that he is inaccurate. That's not looking at the stat sheet to evaluate a player. It's using the stats to support the observation. Might be time to learn the difference, as you make this same complaint any time someone mentions stats.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
u can compare sanchez to smith the year he came back from his injury. similar age and it was basically smith's 3rd year. how exactly is sanchez a better qb? he has superior talent around him and didn't lose a full year and a half with a major injury.

thats not even considering smith was learning a new playbook every single season.

compare sanchez to smith in 3 years? sanchez might not even be a staring qb halfway through next year

Perfect! Then lets wait and see - I mean hell if there is anything the 49er fan base should be damn good at by now it is waiting for a QB to get better - right?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LMFAO!!!...Hi, I'm Imac and I don't watch any football at all. I just waddle my ass over to PFF and stare at a blank web page for 12 minutes and suddenly I'm a fucking genius! I can tell you anything you want to know about any player in the history of the NFL because I know what in interception is - and I know them is bad.

Sure kid...

When we acquired Edwards from NY, I was asked to chart his targets from the previous year, so I have seen plenty of Mark Sanchez, specifically every game from 2010 as well as a few (4 or 5) from this year.

He is a better QB then Alex Smith. Like I said lets see where this conversation lands 3 years from now. Perhaps between now and then you can buy a television set.

This is going to blow your mind, but saying something doesn't make it true.

I don't think that anyone would disagree that Sanchez is better than Smith - in stretches. He's also much worse than Smith (this season, anyway) in stretches. If I had confidence that Harbaugh could make Sanchez a consistent player, this would be a no-brainer for me. I don't have that much faith in Harbaugh.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Sure kid...

Hi MW, I'm a crotchety old man who can't actually defend any statement I make, so I resort to half-assed insults hoping they will overshadow and distract from my ignorance on the issue I'm attempting to unintelligently discuss.

How can you have watched Mark Sanchez play and feel he is anything other than a bad QB. He's even a bad game manager.

But hey, let's see how he plays in 2014 to decide how he would have played in 2012.

Give me a break.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is going to blow your mind, but saying something doesn't make it true.

I don't think that anyone would disagree that Sanchez is better than Smith - in stretches. He's also much worse than Smith (this season, anyway) in stretches. If I had confidence that Harbaugh could make Sanchez a consistent player, this would be a no-brainer for me. I don't have that much faith in Harbaugh.

And as I mentioned yesterday, if Harbaugh is a wonderful QB whisperer, why settle for Sanchez? Why not get a guy who is a better QB (not game manager though, right MW? Can I use that? Is it patent pending? We're still waiting for your definition of it.) than Sanchez?

Let's assume for a second that Mark Sanchez would be better than Alex Smith in our offense. Aren't there QBs that are better than Sanchez that we could have instead? No seksi, not Jimmy Clausen.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well...at least clausen comes with a limo

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And as I mentioned yesterday, if Harbaugh is a wonderful QB whisperer, why settle for Sanchez? Why not get a guy who is a better QB (not game manager though, right MW? Can I use that? Is it patent pending? We're still waiting for your definition of it.) than Sanchez?

Let's assume for a second that Mark Sanchez would be better than Alex Smith in our offense. Aren't there QBs that are better than Sanchez that we could have instead? No seksi, not Jimmy Clausen.

Yeah, no argument here. If Harbaugh can turn around Smith and Sanchez, shit, Kaepernick should be a HOFer. No need to take any action at all.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is Giovanni Carmazzi still availible?

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just what to do with Sanchez

It can be quite easy at times watching the Jets to wonder just how Mark Sanchez (-5.0) is still up and running and hasn’t been sat down some time ago. This game showed both reasons pretty well. The first is that despite all the poor throws and the bad decisions and the sub-standard play, you will see glimpses of the guy Rex Ryan sees. 8:34 in the second quarter is a great example of this. On 1st-and-10 Sanchez drops back, pumps at his first read, comes off his second, slides to his left to avoid pressure and fires a perfect pass to Dustin Keller 40-yards down field for the first down. Keller was at best his third read on the play and this is the kind of play you expect Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers to make. Sanchez is capable of it, he just needs to do it more than once or twice a game. The second reason came when Mark Brunell came in the game late in garbage time. Brunell threw two of the worst passes you’ll see, no less than ten yards away from any potential receiver. If the Jets do want to sit Sanchez they need to find a more viable option than Brunell to go out there.
Re-Focused: Jets @ Eagles, Week 15 | ProFootballFocus.com

The Sanchize question

Every now and then you see a glimpse of why Rex Ryan loves Mark Sanchez. The perfectly weighted pass to Dustin Keller on a corner route with 0:38 to go in the first half was one of these moments. The problem is that they are few and far between and everything else is ugly. His -6.5 grade in this game came from a long list of mistakes and those bad plays far outweigh any good he does. Ryan has as ever steadfastly defended his young quarterback, but at this point you have to ask how much Sanchez is holding back the Jets, and how much better they could be with an upgrade at the position. Maybe he can still be the future, but the Jets at this point definitely need an alternative option for days when it’s just not happening. They have none at the moment.
Re-Focused: Giants @ Jets, Week 16 | ProFootballFocus.com

Sanchez

Starting off the new year right where he left the old one, Mark Sanchez (-4.1 passing) had another poor game, throwing three interceptions and ending with a QB rating of just 65.5. While it’s long appeared Sanchez would fall short of becoming a star quarterback in this league, he now looks like he’ll struggle to achieve average. His decision-making and accuracy look as shaky and inconsistent as in his rookie season–take a look at 3:10 left in the fourth, the Jets were on the 10-yard-line and heading in for a go-ahead score. Sanchez throws a pass well behind Shonn Greene which is intercepted by backup linebacker Marvin Mitchell. It might be time for the Jets to swallow their pride and invest in a new QB.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/01/03/re-focused-jets-dolphins-week-17/

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks Viper, but those all come from PFF, who MW can't stand, so he will dismiss those out of hand.

ViperVisor

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks Viper, but those all come from PFF, who MW can't stand, so he will dismiss those out of hand.

They recognize the good and the bad and still come out on my side.

It is not our job to post the positives so I would think he would but he won't. Just 'I Like What I Sees'.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They recognize the good and the bad and still come out on my side.

It is not our job to post the positives so I would think he would but he won't. Just 'I Like What I Sees'.

But all they have is stats. . . . They need to watch the game.

:burt:

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But all they have is stats. . . . They need to watch the game.

:burt:

LMFAO...Awwww, poo wittle Imac is cwying...grow up, kid, buy a TV, watch football so you know what the hell you're talking about...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why are we discussing the jets long-term plan at qb anyways? who cares about sanchez, if rex ryan wants to go down with the dirty sanchez ship so be it. there's a reason why they're gonna watch alex smith in the playoffs.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LMFAO...Awwww, poo wittle Imac is cwying...grow up, kid, buy a TV, watch football so you know what the hell you're talking about...

I know what I'm talking about. I'm just not sure what you're talking about.

Wait, you're talking about me. Is that because you can't talk about football past "Sanchez good. Smith bad?"

I'm sorry, that's offensive. You have a much better vocabulary than that.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hi MW, I'm a crotchety old man who can't actually defend any statement I make, so I resort to half-assed insults hoping they will overshadow and distract from my ignorance on the issue I'm attempting to unintelligently discuss.

How can you have watched Mark Sanchez play and feel he is anything other than a bad QB. He's even a bad game manager.

But hey, let's see how he plays in 2014 to decide how he would have played in 2012.

Give me a break.

You forgot the "I'm", dipshit...What a complete loser.

Let me know when you become intelligent and we'll go a few rounds.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know what I'm talking about. I'm just not sure what you're talking about.

Wait, you're talking about me. Is that because you can't talk about football past "Sanchez good. Smith bad?"

I'm sorry, that's offensive. You have a much better vocabulary than that.

You're right, Imac, I don't think you know what you're talking about. I use to, but I don't anymore.