• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Western Conference Finals: OKC Thunder VS Golden State Warriors

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, the groin kick has sort of taken the attention away from how great the Thunder played and how poorly the Warriors played.

Reactions: LAD

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder have always had the most talent on their teams, yet they've constantly been knocked out by the Spurs. Coaching usually played the deciding role when those teams would meet. It's obvious now that Billy Donnovan can actually coach compared to his predecessor.
coaching, health, and roster depth are all substantially improved from the last timet he Thunder made the Finals.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, the groin kick has sort of taken the attention away from how great the Thunder played and how poorly the Warriors played.

Bingo!

Thunder played phenomenal from the tip. Westbrook only settled for a few jumpers, but was constantly attacking the basket. Waiters did a great job getting to the hoop and actually creating for others. Who knew he had that in him?

KD was a beast. All of the role players for OKC played fantastic.

The Warriors turned into the Thunder for this game. Played too much iso ball and Curry, Klay and Draymond all took their shots at being the hero. The Warriors can't win like that.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
coaching, health, and roster depth are all substantially improved from the last timet he Thunder made the Finals.

I'll agree with you to a certain point. But the Thunder was healthy the last time they were outed by the Spurs in '14. And yes, coaching has made a significant difference. Not saying Kerr's a scrub, because he certainly isn't. But Donnovan is starting to look like a clear upgrade for Brooks. Btw, how bad is Washington probably feeling now given what Donnovan is doing with this team?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news for the Warriors is, they've been here before. They were down 2-1 in two series last year, against the Grizzlies and against the Cavs. Kerr made a huge adjustment in each of the game 4's that helps swing the series for the Dubs. Against the Grizzlies, they switched Bogut on Tony Allen. Against the Cavs they went small. I'm really wondering what the Warriors could possibly do against the Thunder.

Game 4 will be the telling story. If the Thunder take game 4, with the way they're playing it would be hard to see the Warriors being able to win the next 3 games.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news for the Warriors is, they've been here before. They were down 2-1 in two series last year, against the Grizzlies and against the Cavs. Kerr made a huge adjustment in each of the game 4's that helps swing the series for the Dubs. Against the Grizzlies, they switched Bogut on Tony Allen. Against the Cavs they went small. I'm really wondering what the Warriors could possibly do against the Thunder.

Game 4 will be the telling story. If the Thunder take game 4, with the way they're playing it would be hard to see the Warriors being able to win the next 3 games.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure what that even means...what it's intended to imply, why you even felt the need to post it...or what kind of trash you're smoking....but frankly I really couldn't care less.

:cool:

It means that like Thabeets entire career, last night Green was a complete BUST.

It happens.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if someone tries to say the Cavs "got lucky" for playing the Thuunder IF IT HAPPENS- then they should never be allowed to watch a basketball game again --- going through the Spurs and Warriors should be enough to legitimize them one would think.

The Cavs will be lucky IF they play the Thunder, instead of the Warriors.

Dude, the Warriors are Ronda Rousey, Connor McGregor, Mike Tyson....invincible until they're not.

Like those fighters, all those other asses they whooped don't just become ....unkicked.

Now carry out your sentence and make sure I never have to watch another Clippers game AGAIN!!!!!!!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs will be lucky IF they play the Thunder, instead of the Warriors.

Dude, the Warriors are Ronda Rousey, Connor McGregor, Mike Tyson....invincible until they're not.

Like those fighters, all those other asses they whooped don't just become ....unkicked.

Now carry out your sentence and make sure I never have to watch another Clippers game AGAIN!!!!!!!

invincible till they are not?

well....last night they sure didnt seem too invincible. lol.

Krispy Treat

3-6 Latvia
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond did this 2 games in a row now. He kneed Adams in game 2 and went full Bruce Lee on him yesterday. He tried to make it seem like accidents, but it was intentional. He talks like a big boy but does this. Not surprised though. Bitch player in a bitch era.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.....

The Thunder have that lightening in a bottle like the 2011 Mavs....

It's remarkable.
i just think they have Durant and RW and a nice contingent of bigs for the first time...this isnt the regular season. 73 wins does not mean DICK. I think they have more talent than the Warriors. This isnt a fluke

Westbrook gives you AT LEAST 85% of what Curry does

Durant is WAAAAAAAAAAY better than anything else the Warriors have to offer

and if you look at each teams front court- Ibaka, Adams, Kanter is certainly every bit as talented as Green, Bogut, Ezeli.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i just think they have Durant and RW and a nice contingent of bigs for the first time...this isnt the regular season. 73 wins does not mean DICK. I think they have more talent than the Warriors. This isnt a fluke

Westbrook gives you AT LEAST 85% of what Curry does

Durant is WAAAAAAAAAAY better than anything else the Warriors have to offer

and if you look at each teams front court- Ibaka, Adams, Kanter is certainly every bit as talented as Green, Bogut, Ezeli.

All true...so far.

Westbrook is a weirdo. But, Damn is he fun to watch.

Kd was injured and some of us forgot what a savage he can be.

I can't decide if I wanna go with the Dr. Jekyll, Mr. Hyde or Hulk/ Bruce Banner analogy with Adams and Kanter.

Separate they are good. Together? Fucking hey....different sides of the same coin.

Waiters seems to be turning tragedy to triumph, good for him.

I'm starting to believe....But, the Warriors aren't dead yet.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond did this 2 games in a row now. He kneed Adams in game 2 and went full Bruce Lee on him yesterday. He tried to make it seem like accidents, but it was intentional. He talks like a big boy but does this. Not surprised though. Bitch player in a bitch era.

His knee in game 2 was due to him driving to the basket. You're not going to lock your knee, just horrible luck. Game 3 on the other hand....that was blatant as shit.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed....I checked in midway thru Q1 and it was a game...then GS went cold and it seemed like every miss turned into at least 2 and the next thing I know...OKC was creeping up on 70 pts...at the half...I expected the OKC rank-n-file to play well at home, but they played better than well.

Unless I'm totally off base, GM4 will be a closer affair, but Clayton might've been right to flip after gm 1.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All true...so far.

Westbrook is a weirdo. But, Damn is he fun to watch.

Kd was injured and some of us forgot what a savage he can be.

I can't decide if I wanna go with the Dr. Jekyll, Mr. Hyde or Hulk/ Bruce Banner analogy with Adams and Kanter.

Separate they are good. Together? Fucking hey....different sides of the same coin.

Waiters seems to be turning tragedy to triumph, good for him.

I'm starting to believe....But, the Warriors aren't dead yet.

I agree. I'm not ready to say that OKC wins this, but they sure have the look of a team that has hit their peak at exactly the right time. I think that top to bottom, they are the most talented team in the league. If all of that talent continues to play like they are...it's big trouble for the Warriors and whoever comes out of the East (the Cavs).

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure looked intentional to me too, after watching it over a dozen times. There are times when in the air you may need to flail your arms or legs certain ways to land right or keep your balance, but in what was going on in the action of this play, I fail to see at all why he "needed" to kick that foot out like that.

NBA officiating can be a total joke. The amount of bad calls that stand are comical.

Good to know you can kick someone in the balls and just get a flagrant 1....

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be very surprised if Green isn't suspended...

View attachment 120733

All of those were different, IMO. None involved a guy who was getting fouled while shooting. Wade was dribbling at the perimeter when he kicked Sessions. Harden was on the floor when he kicked LeBron. Schroeder and Marcus Smart were both punching with their fists while running into a screen.